Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Darth-Vapour, May 12, 2013.
Does anybody else's Kanger pro tank leak when juice goes below half full ?
Not mine, but the early ProTanks had some leaking problems--they were supposedly fixed, however.
Kanger T3S Clearomizer first detailed look at Sun-Vapers.com
There are a few things you need to remember when using a T3 or an eVod or a ProTank:
1) Make sure that the atomizer coil is screwed into the base tightly--they often come not fully tightened from the manufacturer, or may have gotten loose through repeated refills.
2) Look at all the inner seals and gaskets to make sure they haven't become dislodged.
3) Make sure that you screw the tank into the base tightly. If it's not tight, it may leak.
4) When you screw your clearomizer into your battery, do not overtighten--screw it in only until it makes contact--no farther, or you may push the center post in too deep and cause all kinds of problems, including leaking. When the draw becomes tight or the taste and vapor production begin to diminish, replace the coil. This will happen sooner (even as soon as one day of heavy use) if you're using dark, viscous, or very sweet juices. The old coil can be cleaned and dry burned.
5) Make sure you're not getting juice in the center tube when you're filling--this will cause your eVod to leak like a sieve. If some juice gets into the tube, close the top cap and blow gently through the clearomizer to get rid of any excess eliquid.
Oh wise one...
Mine leak's a little , does not really matter how full it is though . But i think it is because i removed one of the extra wicks in the coil.
Yup! If your ejuice is thin (80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG) do not remove the flavor wick. It's only recommended for thick eliquids to improve wicking.
I also took one of the wicks out , using 50/50 juice , maybe that's why it's leaking.. Cheers
Estoy de acuerdo contigo pero MT3 tiene otro problema , el tubo es demasiado largo y provoca condensación de vapor en su interior , cuando llevas un tiempo vapeando esa condensación interior se convierte en liquido y al vapear se introduce en tu boca. Puedes notar el sabor del liquido directo. Yo suelo soplar el tubo central cada x tiempo para evitarlo y listo de nuevo para vapear
I bought two in the past week and both are leaking no matter how much juice is in there. I haven't altered it anyway and I've been using thick juices (mostly 100% VG). I also had one tank crack. I never dropped it or over tightened it, the crack started underneath the mouthpiece. I really hate wasting money on defective crap.
I just got mine. NO leaks so far.
I rebuild mine with 3mm silica and only get gurgling right near the bottom of a tank
With 60/40 or 50/50 eliquid none of my 5 Pro Tanks leak.
I have rebuilt 2 with 1.5mm ekowool silica + 32 ga kanthal......they seem to wick better with this type of silica.
Mine has also been leaking, however i've made sure all the things listed here are accounted for. The coil is tightened, no juice in the center during filling, etc.
I removed 1 wick from the head, but many people are doing that without leaking issues. The leaking occurs just as Darth described, when the juice gets below half way full. Very weird to see you're reporting the same thing darth.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know! I'm hoping it's just a bad head, i've got more on their way.
Might be a silly question but are you certain the head is screwed in tight? The only time my protank leaked the head had come a tiny bit loose.
I am with mine, unless it's untightening while vaping and retightening before i take it apart to check lol
Did it leak BEFORE you removed a wick strand?
It may work a bit better with your PG/VG ratio as it was (default wick setup).
It didn't leak before i removed the wick, but I only took 2 or 3 drags before removing it so the juice wasn't below halfway. Really didn't like the performance before removing the wick.
For whatever reason, as it is right now i get absolutely zero leaking on a full tank, but it starts leaking constantly when the juice gets to about 1/3 full. It's done this consistently for about 5 or 6 tankfulls. One of the weirdest things i've encountered in vaping (so far)
Looks like some other people are having the exact same issue on this thread:
One of the posts suggests it's the buildup of negative pressure, and when it happens they suggest removing the protank, turning it upside down, removing and reassembling the bottom cap to equalize the pressure. I'll have to give it a shot, but it's a bummer this happens, was hoping these could be my new fiddle-free out and about devices.
Depends on your PG/VG ratio. With at least 60% PG I'd recommend NOT removing the wick strands unless you rebuild it with 2.5 mm or thicker wick material.
I vape primarily 60/40 juice and Ive had no issues.....can vape tanks till totally empty. No leaks.
Separate names with a comma.