Kanger Pro Tank VS Vivi Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatki

Apr 25, 2013
st paul, mn
If you stripped the threads on the top of your Vivi Nova, thats on you. Thats user error. All top coiled clearos need to be tipped......its not exclusive to the Vivi Nova!

Mine was bought in September and has never leaked. Its well known they are the easiest to fill. They cannot compare to a Pro tank for flavor though.
the threads arent stripped. im talking about the rubber seal that sits on top of the replacable head.. its happened with all 3 heads new out of the package (yes they are the right heads). they dont seat right and you have to push it around with a toothpick or anything that will fit in there. ive also caught them slip on their own after a few hours of vaping. that leaves a gap when the juice will flood into the drip tip or onto the coil. not user error, product defect. ive talked to others that have had the same problem. and as far as the dry hits, i usually tip the whole things up to my face when i use it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
the threads arent stripped. im talking about the rubber seal that sits on top of the replacable head.. its happened with all 3 heads new out of the package (yes they are the right heads). they dont seat right and you have to push it around with a toothpick or anything that will fit in there. ive also caught them slip on their own after a few hours of vaping. that leaves a gap when the juice will flood into the drip tip or onto the coil. not user error, product defect. ive talked to others that have had the same problem. and as far as the dry hits, i usually tip the whole things up to my face when i use it.

That may be contributing to leakage.

I find the Vivi Novas to be pretty leak free. I'm using the same tank I bought 3 months ago. I also haven't had issues with the silicone seal at the bottom of the head. I use a pen knife blade in the cross slot to gently rotate the head into place after I finger tighten it. That extra 1/4 turn should seat the head seal and prevent leakage into the tube. A loose head will definitely allow juice to flood the coil. After that, it's juice in the mouth if you tip it upward.

There are lots of knockoff Vivi's and heads out there. When they come in a box with the Vivi logo you have reason to believe they are real. If they come in a plastic bag with a foil pack, maybe not. It's hard to tell. Even some of the knockoffs have the resistance value laser etched into the side of the head.

Last edited:

Thatki

Apr 25, 2013
st paul, mn
not the seal at the bottom of the head where you screw it in, the rubber tube on the top of the head. the one with the metal plate inside it. that is your seal for the top and i havent been able to get one to seat properly without wiggling it around with a toothpick after i put the top on. everything is tightened properly and the seal on the bottom of the head works fine. it is very obvious where the leak is coming from when it leaks because i can see the gap when i pull out the drip tip.

as far as tipping it to my face causing the leakage.. that shouldnt happen. that means if it was in someones pocket or purse, it would leak when it wasnt vertical.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
not the seal at the bottom of the head where you screw it in, the rubber tube on the top of the head. the one with the metal plate inside it. that is your seal for the top and i havent been able to get one to seat properly without wiggling it around with a toothpick after i put the top on. everything is tightened properly and the seal on the bottom of the head works fine. it is very obvious where the leak is coming from when it leaks because i can see the gap when i pull out the drip tip.

as far as tipping it to my face causing the leakage.. that shouldnt happen. that means if it was in someones pocket or purse, it would leak when it wasnt vertical.

Okay, now I understand. I've often thought that the interface between the metal cap and the silicone tube with the metal restrictor plate should leak. When I screw my cap on I can feel the resistance when it hits the silicone and then there's another maybe 1/8 turn to bottom. I just tried that on a Vivi and didn't feel it. That's probably because I always pull it up slightly before screwing on the cap to ensure contact. It gets forced down just enough to ensure a seal but doesn't have a lot of pressure on it. The silicone tube could probably benefit from another .020" length to ensure a better seal.

Have you ever noticed that the silicone tube is tight on the steel tube on a new Vivi? Once juice gets under the seal it can slip and slide. Periodically I remove the tube and wash the steel tube to remove juice, wash the silicone tube and the tank, and reassemble. We shouldn't have to do that but it helps to create a better seal between the parts.

Last edited:

Afatty

Moved On
May 10, 2013
AL,USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
u can cut "V's" above the area that rests above the two wicks on that silicon grommet, then u can push it down a bit more and still get good wicking.

Just used a 1.5 mm piece of Ekowool silica and 3 wraps of 32 ga. kanthal to rebuild my Vivi Nova, its reading 1.4 ohms on my Lavatube 2.0

There's no problem with Vivi Novas other then they're made of plastic, they mute flavor a bit. And they don't fare well with acidic juices.

What I'm reading is some folks just aren't good with using equipment properly. As you gain experience you will get better.

ekowool001.jpg

ekowool002.jpg

1.5mm + 3 mm ekowool from stormys depicted

Last edited:

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
I have 4 of each. Both are great but I tend to use my protanks more. The only issue I have with the full size vivi's are dry hits but only when the tank gets down past maybe half way. If the tank is full, the flavor and vapor production are great.

I build my own wicks and coils for both. With the protanks, I use an evod coil to tighten up the draw a little, and rewick them with square braid cotton wick and wrapped to 1.7 ohms. This is my favorite setup currently. Great flavor and never a dry hit with the protank.

bleu

Apr 22, 2013
Harrisburg,PA
Been using vivi novas for about a month now. They are nice except for the occasional dry hit and tilting.
No leaking. Just got a Protank in the mail today. So far so good. Nice vapor, cooler. I don't find the
airy draw to be noticeable. No leaking and tilting needed, Waiting to see how it performs
below 1/3 tank full though. Will keep ya updated!

Last edited:
I bought 2 pro tanks as a new vaper, because I don't want the hassle of having to worry about the content of my liquids destroying tanks. That said...I saw on Grimmgreens site that pro tanks have been reported to have metal shavings in the tube. I used a cotton swab and there were several metal shavings in both of the tanks I got. On one of the tanks, I had been vaping within the voltage guidelines that came with the tank. I let the tank get about half empty when I went to refill it. When I tipped the tank back over after the refill, there was a lot of carbonization in the liquid, which ruined the full tank of liquid. It tasted burnt and foul. I dumped it, and having also bought 4 boxes of replacement heads, I switched that out. On the new head, the coil wire hadn't been clipped properly and were making contact with the outer wall, which I believe is a short. I'm new..so it wouldn't work. After finding the problem and clipping the coil it works fine. I hope that these troubles are rare. Because I actually love the way they work, and taste. If you have pro tank please clean it thoroughly before using it. I would hate for anyone to inhale metal shavings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread