anotheraznguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Tracy, CA
www.team-upscale.com
i have 3 vivi's and 3 protanks..
i like the protanks better havent leaked or spilled juice into the tip
the vivi's top silicon seal is a pain to get seated properly and i am hesitent to lie it on its side. I still use both styles but i prefer the protank. when i want a hotter vape i'll go to the vivi but otherwise i am taking the protank w/ me everywhere

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I havent tried the vivi novas yet but am currently.using the protank... if you get one it will take some time getting used to the airy draw... I had to plug one of the air holes and may plug another...other than that its a great tank.

Buy EVOD replacement coils they fit but have a slightly different design both are Kanger. Use EVOD heads on your protank, airy draw fixed.

Now back to OP, I own both devices, love both. They both have a place in my arsenal.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
I just ordered a KPT, I can't wait to try it out!
How do people feel about a 1.5 ohm on a standard ego battery(3.3v)? Makes me a little nervous, I usually use 2.0. I was going to get the next level, but it was 2.5 and only one of my batteries is variable voltage...

It'll drain the poor 3.3 v battery pretty quick. (1.5 ohms)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I got my first Protank a few days ago and it's really well constructed. As for flavor, I think I prefer the Kanger T3 over the Vivi Nova and the Protank at this point. The T3 is closer to a good carto in taste. It's just cheaply constructed with its plastic tube.

The Protank is built like a Sherman tank with the Pyrex glass tube and the nice chrome parts. It's a fill and forget device that works well. It's just a little too airy and the flavor is a little weak. I'm not a throat hit guy by any means. I smoked ultra lights for years before starting to vape. I expected more flavor considering the clouds of vapor the Protank produces. I've ranged up and down from 3.4v to 4.2v on my Provari with a 2.6 ohm head and haven't found a carto like sweet spot in flavor production. Above 4.2v and burning flavor begins to emerge. Any tips for increasing flavor?

Right now, I'm leaning toward the Kanger T3 as the ultimate winner in my search for a Vivi Nova replacement. The Protank is better than the Vivi Nova and the Kanger T3 is better than both. So far, a SmokTech mega carto is about equal to the Kanger T3, but the T3 beats the carto for juice capacity.

Last edited:

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
I honestly do not know if my ViVi's were knock offs or real. For me they were not as good as T2's or T3's. I felt they were weak as I have dropped/ knocked over my devices many times without damage, but a single drop of 2ft broke the ViVi tank in half. Both ended up in the trash within two weeks.

I have three issues with my ProTank.
1. It is not straight, mine is curved.
2. Hating the metal drip tip.
3. When she is cold (working outside, we had snow here first week in May) she hits VERY soft.

IMO the ProTank is hands down the better of the two.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Red Bird Wrote: T3 is officially no longer being made, Dave.

Read somewhere Kanger modified the "head" slightly and they will be available soon as T3S:

Kanger T3S Clearomizer first detailed look at Sun-Vapers.com

I probably ordered from old stock. I did like the flavor and vapor, though.

I honestly do not know if my ViVi's were knock offs or real. For me they were not as good as T2's or T3's. I felt they were weak as I have dropped/ knocked over my devices many times without damage, but a single drop of 2ft broke the ViVi tank in half. Both ended up in the trash within two weeks.

I have three issues with my ProTank.
1. It is not straight, mine is curved.
2. Hating the metal drip tip.
3. When she is cold (working outside, we had snow here first week in May) she hits VERY soft.

IMO the ProTank is hands down the better of the two.

Even the Vision Vivi Nova will fly apart when dropped. I've had mine slip threads when I dropped it and the tank was slightly crooked. It snapped back into thread alignment with a little pressure once and another time I had to drain it and unscrew it, then screw it back in straight. The last time it rolled off the table the head popped apart at the snap connector on the bottom.

Each time it was just fine after snapping or screwing it back together. My understanding is that laser etched resistance markings on the side of the head indicate real Vision products. That doesn't mean there aren't back door creations made in the same factory using the same equipment off shift. The running shoe industry has begun to recall manufacturing back to America because of patent violations. New Balance was the first to do that.

cqhhz

May 15, 2013
dfjali,uui,USA
Thanks for sharing
thpine.gif

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
I probably ordered from old stock. I did like the flavor and vapor, though.

Even the Vision Vivi Nova will fly apart when dropped. I've had mine slip threads when I dropped it and the tank was slightly crooked. It snapped back into thread alignment with a little pressure once and another time I had to drain it and unscrew it, then screw it back in straight. The last time it rolled off the table the head popped apart at the snap connector on the bottom.

Each time it was just fine after snapping or screwing it back together. My understanding is that laser etched resistance markings on the side of the head indicate real Vision products. That doesn't mean there aren't back door creations made in the same factory using the same equipment off shift. The running shoe industry has begun to recall manufacturing back to America because of patent violations. New Balance was the first to do that.

The T3's are still available, plenty of vendors have current stock, Dave.

But after they sell out I imagine many will be adding The Kanger TS3 to their inventory.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Has anyone tried the above 2? Is there a difference and which is better?

Vivi Nova is a decent tank, but beware - citrus/fruit/cinnamon flavored juices degrade the plastic over time. The Protank is Pyrex, big bonus.

I've used both, but I haven't touched my Vivi Nova since I got my Kanger Protank. I have bought 3 more Protanks since I got my first... I vote with my pocketbook there. :)

The only negative I can see on the Kanger ProTank is that it seems to create a vaccum inside the tank. I occasionally get a dry hit if I don't tip and watch for bubbles floating up. That said, it still tastes better than anything else I have tried (Stardust, CE5 Redux, iClear 16, or even the Kanger T3). The protank is a snap to rebuild too if you are a fresh coil junkie like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread