Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Oh yes, it is flooding. It also doesn't like being ignored when I get distracted and leave it in my lap. 40 degrees appears to be too much of an angle for it to deal with. I'm sure I can get it working, if I get motivated to try. I have plenty of other things that work perfectly well. I wanted to get a Protank because I thought it would be easy to use, but at this point it seems so needy, I half expect it to want to talk about our relationship.

Got a genuine laff out of me. I know with Johnson creek red oak domestic ( very thin)and the original silica wicking I had to add either 1 or 2 flavor wicks to the two already there of 1mm silica I was using at the time.
With the 1mm hemp twine I'm using now one piece through the coil and one flavor wick piece over and it works with anything...
Stop bottling everything up. You need to communicate your feelings better... let ProTank in... hug it out

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Perhaps the issue is that I have 4 cart tanks, a vivi nova, 6 CE4s and 14 CE3 XLs (I have a short flavor attention span) within arms length that I would rather spend time with.
Cry2.gif

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Here is what I just read from Gotvapes

Kanger protank was halted, first batch had issues and that should be known already by the community im sure, we spoke to kanger and they had some issues with the glass connection but they have solved the issues and will start production soon. We will keep you informed and will only sell them when they are ready

hmmpphh,,that was actually posted on the kanger home page 3 weeks ago,GV has no inside track with kanger

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Perhaps the issue is that I have 4 cart tanks, a vivi nova, 6 CE4s and 14 CE3 XLs (I have a short flavor attention span) within arms length that I would rather spend time with.
Cry2.gif

Can't cuckhold ProTank like that then expect performance..

Same way. Constantly rotating flavors like every hour. Why have just one?

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
I don't have an EVOD; because of the vapes I like I mostly use glass. The airiness isn't the biggest problem I've had. You may have read my posts about not being able to keep it warm enough to perform consistently. That has turned out to be a major issue for me (although other people may not experience it). I had to open up the air holes again, because with the liquid not vaporizing, I'm getting liquid in my mouth when the draw is tighter. I much prefer my carto tanks.

When I read your post about not being able to vape well in the cold I got my opportunity here in Florida to step outside and try it out at 58 F, you're absolutely right, it doesn't do well in cold weather, its vapor drops to less than half. Then I thought, 'what the heck am I doing outside in the cold?' and came back inside.

Other than that, with a solid week of vaping, (and my Husband has one too), we are really enjoying the fuller vape of the ProTank. We have MT3's and eVods too, ProTank has taken the lead as our favorite. We are running 30/70 pg/vg and rinsing the atty at every third fill. We are using Kanger 3.7 Batteries and the eGo Twist at 4 and the eGo others on Variable Voltage to get the best vape. We like to hear a crackle or two now and then to let us know we are doing a clean burn.

No issues, no dry hits, no gurgling, no mess. We are used to Kanger products and know how to maintain them to get the best bang for the buck. If I was running lighter, (more PG the VG), eLiquids, I would add another wick to prevent flooding perhaps if it started gurgling.

Some people are trying to use eVod atty's in the place of ProTank, since they are very similar and more available, we don't recommend that, nor do we recommend restricting the airflow in various ways. Either you love an airy draw or you don't but I saw a pic of a Gal who used a Boo Kitty band aide around the base that was sorta neat.

We plan on building our own atty's in the future using Face Meat's great thread.

Being realistic about what a Kanger Clearomizer experience is like, (MT3's, eVods), and properly maintaining the ProTank will lead to great satisfaction.

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
Every hour? Try every other puff. That's why I have 3 set-ups going.

I have four setups and 12 eVod heads loaded and racked waiting their turn. Change out about every three vapes. Love my flavors and four batteries assures me I won't be stuck without power, (one is a pass through but no one likes to be tethered unless it's the only option), and keeps 4 of my favorite flavors ready to vape. By the time I hit the fourth, I'm loading a new flavor on the first and so the cycle goes round and round! Keeps "Vapor Mouth" at bay too.

Am spending too much time with the ProTank now, love the draw and great clouds of vapor. The eVods are jealous.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
We plan on building our own atty's in the future using Face Meat's great thread.

Awww...I'm flattered.

As for the airy draw, I've learned to draw (very) gently due to the loose draw of the Protank. Low and slow and long. Those of us who smoked cigarettes know that if you created a ton of suction rapidly while smoking an analog, you'd get an intense, satisfying amount of smoke in the lungs, The same technique doesn't have the same effect with an e-cig. Once that coil is glowing, it will only vaporize the liquid available to it. Sucking hard and fast won't speed up the process, it'll just waste energy and leave you with a weak, anemic wisp of vapor.

There's a ton of "that's what she said" moments in my above comment. Feel free to snicker.

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
Lol! The Hello Kitty boo picture was mine. I'm glad you're having a better time with your Protank. I'm not knocking it if works well for other people - it's a beautiful device - we just aren't bonding.

That picture is precious! You know, I did end up inadvertently end up restricting the airflow without realizing it, I created a lanyard harness by passing two 24 gauge nylon wrapped necklace wires through the air channels and then looping them on either side with crimps to create a sling I could hang the ProTank from without it tipping like regular side ring lanyards, this did change the air flow slightly, (perhaps just slowing it a bit), enough that when I took the harness off and screwed it down it was a slightly lighter draw than what I had become accustomed to.

I replaced the harness and it is vaping the way I like it again, so i guess I can't say I haven't made my own mod to it, just that I didn't intend to when I did it. Wish I had some of those band aides though, a REALLY cool accessory to Girlie up the ProTank!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
That picture is precious! You know, I did end up inadvertently end up restricting the airflow without realizing it, I created a lanyard harness by passing two 24 gauge nylon wrapped necklace wires through the air channels and then looping them on either side with crimps to create a sling I could hang the ProTank from without it tipping like regular side ring lanyards, this did change the air flow slightly, (perhaps just slowing it a bit), enough that when I took the harness off and screwed it down it was a slightly lighter draw than what I had become accustomed to.

I replaced the harness and it is vaping the way I like it again, so i guess I can't say I haven't made my own mod to it, just that I didn't intend to when I did it. Wish I had some of those band aides though, a REALLY cool accessory to Girlie up the ProTank!

I don't think they sell that specific design anymore (those band aids are at least 15 years old), but there are similar ones. They don't restrict the airflow either. (I was puzzled about that until someone pointed out that band aids have little breathing holes. Doink.)

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
Awww...I'm flattered.

As for the airy draw, I've learned to draw (very) gently due to the loose draw of the Protank. Low and slow and long. Those of us who smoked cigarettes know that if you created a ton of suction rapidly while smoking an analog, you'd get an intense, satisfying amount of smoke in the lungs, The same technique doesn't have the same effect with an e-cig. Once that coil is glowing, it will only vaporize the liquid available to it. Sucking hard and fast won't speed up the process, it'll just waste energy and leave you with a weak, anemic wisp of vapor.

There's a ton of "that's what she said" moments in my above comment. Feel free to snicker.

Snicker, Snicker....ahem...very true Face Meat, if you just exert a slight negative pressure inside your mouth cavity your mouth will be filled with vapor through no real action on your part.....you just have to be patient....um, OK, that really sounds bad but it's a fact, no Kanger product gets better with sucking....no suggestive content intended!

And on that note, I return to my vaping and let someone else say important things that sound...silly.

Swo7pes

Moved On
Mar 25, 2013
sd
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread