Kanger Pro Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
I have a protank on my provari and i'm extremely disappointed. I cleaned the wicks with a steady stream of water, dried them and even took the top wick off for that intended "extra" flavor hit but it still tastes muted and burnt. After the first atty, i figured it was bad so i did the same thing to the 2nd atty that it came with and had the same problem. So far NOT GOOD. Can anyone help?? I still consider myself a noob...

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
Mine doesn't seem to like having the airflow restricted, so I've gotten used to it. One thing I have found really cool, is that the mouthpiece is the perfect size to stick a q-tip in when refilling and no juice gets in the tube.

That's good to know, since I have q-tips handy, and they won't fit in the tip of the Evods. I get tired of having to twist up a bit of tissue to wipe out the tip of Evods. I've done some experimenting with how I draw on the Evod. With an ordinary slow draw, I get a decent hit, but not huge, BUT if i slow it way down, and just barely pull it in while holding the button, I get HUGE hits with big TH and tons of vapor.

itisken

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Dallas Texas
I have purchased 2 PT's and can't complain about either of them. I just can't get over the amount of vapor these things produce. I'm still using one right out of the box.....no tinkering with it. Then the 2nd one I had to go ahead and play around with it just see if I could make it even a little bit better. So I rebuilt the coil with a bamboo wick & 32 Gauge Kanthal (4 turns) 2.5 ohms....replaced the center post with a center post from a Kanger T3 (found this suggestions in another thread)....closed off one of the air passages on bottom of tank. The airy draw is now gone!!! The changes made make the PT AWESOME......freaking chimney of vape......best I've tried to date. I'm still new to the whole ecig community....but I have tried all the CE?? products, Vivi Nova, Kanger, Cartotanks......the PT rebuilt blows all of them away!! I haven't attempted to rebuild anything with mesh yet.....so maybe this would rival that....MAYBE!!

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
Here's my follow up. I decided to change the ejuice (Or3o by Ben Johnson) that was originally in the tank to Halo Purity's Malibu juice. The Or3o has a more sweeter, vanilla/chocolate type flavor while Malibu is more of a menthol/pina colada flavor. After the change, the Protank improved immensely! I can now taste the menthol and the subtleness of the pina colada. The vapor quality continues to amaze as well. Can anyone further explain why this happened? Does this mean I can never use my Or3o flavor or anything else that has a vanilla/chocolate flavor?

GotSmok

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Los Angeles
I bought the ProTank to try out. I re-wicked the coil straight out the box because I don't like the idea of vaping with silica. I recoiled with cotton wick and 32 awg kanthal at 2.2 ohms. All I can say is that this tank kicks with this setup. No dry hits... no gurgling... awesome vapor production and nice flavor. Currently vaping at 8.5-9 watts.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Here's my follow up. I decided to change the ejuice (Or3o by Ben Johnson) that was originally in the tank to Halo Purity's Malibu juice. The Or3o has a more sweeter, vanilla/chocolate type flavor while Malibu is more of a menthol/pina colada flavor. After the change, the Protank improved immensely! I can now taste the menthol and the subtleness of the pina colada. The vapor quality continues to amaze as well. Can anyone further explain why this happened? Does this mean I can never use my Or3o flavor or anything else that has a vanilla/chocolate flavor?

No, it means that you have just discovered the legendary quality and purity of Halo's eliquids. They are unequaled, in my opinion. Other vendors' juices may be tastier or more popular, but Halo makes the purest product. When I test new heads, I always use Halo's Menthol Ice or Truepure. I know exactly how those juices should taste and I know that they will never clog anything for a long time.

Any flavor that is dark, gooey, sweet and strongly flavored is an atty killer. You don't have to give it up, but you'll have to change and clean your coils very often.

Halo makes very clean chocolate and coffee flavors. I don't think I've tried their vanilla--not a big vanilla fan. There are many other juice makers who try to make clean, clear eliquids using as few unvaporazible (that a word?) additives as possible. Look around, read Juice Reviews, ask questions. The more people demand clean eliquids, tho more vendors will provide them.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
I read the were orders direct from Kanger, I must be missing something as I could not find that on their website :( I am hoping for color options, shown on some sites but the only option I have seen so far is stainless. I really want to try this one as the flavors I like are rumored to destroy plastics.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I read the were orders direct from Kanger, I must be missing something as I could not find that on their website :( I am hoping for color options, shown on some sites but the only option I have seen so far is stainless. I really want to try this one as the flavors I like are rumored to destroy plastics.

What are you trying to get in colors? T3 and eVod clearomizers come in different colors, ProTank comes in glass and chrome only.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Really? Those must be new.

Gotta look. :D

Yeah. Here they are--coming soon.

images

Last edited:

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
There was a problem with some of the glass threads to the top cap that caused them to leak...They identfied the problem at Kanger and corrected it and new ones should be around the week of the 25th...or so I have read...

Yup thats me, I got one that leaks out the mouth piece. I have to stick a cue tip in it everytime. except its not glass but plastic, mine maybe the older model, it has a the metal tank.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yup thats me, I got one that leaks out the mouth piece. I have to stick a cue tip in it everytime. except its not glass but plastic, mine maybe the older model, it has a the metal tank.

Does it really leak? Or is it just condensation? Condensation is normal, just wipe it once in a while if it bothers you.

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
Does it really leak? Or is it just condensation? Condensation is normal, just wipe it once in a while if it bothers you.

No doubt it leaks. I was getting liquid all over my hand when filling it until I started plugging the mouth piece off. Its a shame, but still works good. I plug it off and theres no more problems and I can go out and carry it around places. To bad you cant take the top apart or I'd fix the seal better. I'm not sure its a genuine Kanger Evod, there no printing on it. But I use it when I want to have my flavors pop, it has great flavor production to it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No doubt it leaks. I was getting liquid all over my hand when filling it until I started plugging the mouth piece off. Its a shame, but still works good. I plug it off and theres no more problems and I can go out and carry it around places. To bad you cant take the top apart or I'd fix the seal better. I'm not sure its a genuine Kanger Evod, there no printing on it. But I use it when I want to have my flavors pop, it has great flavor production to it.

Ouch, that's a shame.

I don't have a ProTank because I use Kanger's eGo-threaded clearos, which are identical in design, never had a problem... can you exchange it? Did you get it from a reputable vendor? Might be worth a try--if it's a known defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread