Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
Anyone using Kanger Protank 2?

I'm finding this version has really tight draw when you flush mount it on compare to version 1. Trying to find out whether it's just me or it's their design of air draw slots at the bottom causing this issue.

I am experiencing that also. I'm not sure if the holes are smaller, or lower down on the threads or what. I am now using a Protank 1 base on the Protank 2. It seems to have helped some. Any other ideas on this would be welcome! JD

jakem50

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Washington DC
Flavor and working mechanics are same as version 1. No difference on how they are working. No leaks yet (I was concern with all parts come off, it might leak) and easier to clean. I just slightly tighten loosely for this version though.. so it must be airdraw slots on version 2 but can't really see the differences of airslots depth between 1 and 2.

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
In all honesty I LOVE how an iClear 30 draws. If I could have both Protanks draw like that then I would. But at the same time its not a "must have" when they are so easy to use and the smoke/flavor is amazing :) My Protank 2 on my Sigelei Zmax will actually squeak a little bit sometimes. Not very often though. Needless to say, I am actually becoming accustomed to the draw of the Protanks now :D

Have either of you guys tried taking one of the wicks out of the coil? Does it really help?

I had the air flow issue with my k100 and a protank when I first got it ....
1. I found that if I backed off the coil plug a hair I got normal flow, was way tight right out of the box on one of them
2. The lower stem of the coil is inside the threads of it's 510 cap, which caused me to crank the tank on tight to get it to fire. To fix I pulled the plug out and used my finger nails to grab the bottom post (just like taking it apart to rebuild just don't take all the way out) it is ok if it is sticking way out when you put it back in the tank
Mount the tank and the pin is pushed back in and no more tight draw

Granted this is my personal experience and I'm way new to this ...

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
for a much better draw on pt1 or 2 get a tatroe bottom piece. made much better than the protank bottom and has a lifetime guarantee. made both protanks truly enjoyable for the first time. I even use it on my dbox puritank even though it has a slightly smaller diameter it works just fine.

Underloud

Aug 5, 2013
Portland, OR
In all honesty I LOVE how an iClear 30 draws. If I could have both Protanks draw like that then I would. But at the same time its not a "must have" when they are so easy to use and the smoke/flavor is amazing :) My Protank 2 on my Sigelei Zmax will actually squeak a little bit sometimes. Not very often though. Needless to say, I am actually becoming accustomed to the draw of the Protanks now :D

Have either of you guys tried taking one of the wicks out of the coil? Does it really help?

I've found (one the orginal Protank, don't have a II yet) it is better to acclimate to the draw/taste profile of the Protank than to remove wicks. I seem to get more gurgle toward the end when wicks are removed. :2c: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread