Kanger Protank 2

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jakem50, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jakem50

jakem50 Full Member Verified Member

Anyone using Kanger Protank 2?

I'm finding this version has really tight draw when you flush mount it on compare to version 1. Trying to find out whether it's just me or it's their design of air draw slots at the bottom causing this issue.

2. HDVaper

HDVaper Ultra Super Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I noticed that too. I really prefer what has been called the "airy draw" on the older ones. However I'm vaping one of the new ones right now with no problems really.

3. jakem50

I guess I shouldn't use the word "issue" :D

I'm now so custom to airy draw from version 1 and ZAP and I even enlarge airholes on other RBA/RDAs.. At least it's good to know it's not just me :) Thanks!

4. Gaspar74

Gaspar74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

How's the flavor come through?

5. Jim Diamond

Jim Diamond Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I am experiencing that also. I'm not sure if the holes are smaller, or lower down on the threads or what. I am now using a Protank 1 base on the Protank 2. It seems to have helped some. Any other ideas on this would be welcome! JD

6. jakem50

Flavor and working mechanics are same as version 1. No difference on how they are working. No leaks yet (I was concern with all parts come off, it might leak) and easier to clean. I just slightly tighten loosely for this version though.. so it must be airdraw slots on version 2 but can't really see the differences of airslots depth between 1 and 2.

7. BeatboxHero

BeatboxHero Senior Member ECF Veteran

In all honesty I LOVE how an iClear 30 draws. If I could have both Protanks draw like that then I would. But at the same time its not a "must have" when they are so easy to use and the smoke/flavor is amazing :) My Protank 2 on my Sigelei Zmax will actually squeak a little bit sometimes. Not very often though. Needless to say, I am actually becoming accustomed to the draw of the Protanks now :D

Have either of you guys tried taking one of the wicks out of the coil? Does it really help?

8. Gator 1

Gator 1 Full Member

I had the air flow issue with my k100 and a protank when I first got it ....
    1. I found that if I backed off the coil plug a hair I got normal flow, was way tight right out of the box on one of them
    2. The lower stem of the coil is inside the threads of it's 510 cap, which caused me to crank the tank on tight to get it to fire. To fix I pulled the plug out and used my finger nails to grab the bottom post (just like taking it apart to rebuild just don't take all the way out) it is ok if it is sticking way out when you put it back in the tank
    Mount the tank and the pin is pushed back in and no more tight draw

Granted this is my personal experience and I'm way new to this ...

9. jakem50

Taking wick out doesn't help since I vape Boba, so I took one of the wick out (I even switch the head between 1 and 2).. Problem I see is that when you really tighten version 2 onto Provari and Vamo, you can't eve draw (at least for me)... it shuts down completely for me.

10. jakem50

ready to swap the bottom caps between two after I finish what in the tanks :)

11. Subie

Subie Full Member

With my protank 2 using 1.5ohm heads I notice a little leaking. I am also using 100% VG. And if I remove one of the flavor wicks it will leak even more :( any way to fix? I guess you have to leave all the wicks inside...but over all I like the protank 2. Its really solid.

12. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    for a much better draw on pt1 or 2 get a tatroe bottom piece. made much better than the protank bottom and has a lifetime guarantee. made both protanks truly enjoyable for the first time. I even use it on my dbox puritank even though it has a slightly smaller diameter it works just fine.

13. jakem50

Airslots on Version 2 seems like it's slightly lesser than version 1.

14. surfnpuff

surfnpuff Full Member

Boo. I was hoping they would be more airy.

15. Underloud

Underloud Full Member

I've found (one the orginal Protank, don't have a II yet) it is better to acclimate to the draw/taste profile of the Protank than to remove wicks. I seem to get more gurgle toward the end when wicks are removed. :2c: :)

: provari, vamo, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.