Kanger Protank 3 Leaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocknug

Mar 31, 2015
I have an assortment of protank 3 minis that i enjoy. I decided to get a few protank 3s for more liquid capacity. I also have several other tanks in the rotation.

Anyway, when I opened the protank 3s, i noticed the instructions said to replace the head (coil) every 10 days to prevent leaks. I didnt think much of it, and used the tank. The flavor was great and i enjoyed it as much as the minis, bit it started to leak... Bad.

The coil still works, the taste and vapor are great, but it leaks like crazy. Why would you need to replace a good coil to prevent leaks??

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
on my protank 3's I found that they did not include enough wick in the coils to prevent leaking. after dry burning them to clean the coils and adding new flavor wicks the leaking stopped. my rebuilt coils do not leak but I rebuild them as single wick coils and put larger wicks and flavor wicks than the factory coils use.the local vape shop tells me that leakage is a common problem with kanger coils. the protank 3 mini coils will work on the protank 3 so if you have coils for those tanks that don't leak you can use them in your standard size protank 3 as well the only real difference between the two tank is the mounting and the capacity

Last edited:

Glocknug

Mar 31, 2015
Tips:
The metal tube in the center of this Clearomizer leads from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling the Clearomizer.
When unfastening the base (atomizer head) to refill the Clearomizer, the seals are temporarily broken and liquid will leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the Clearomizer.
Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal tube in the center of the Clearomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the Clearomizer from the battery, wrap a cloth or tissue around the battery end of the Clearomizer and blow through the mouthpiece.
The atomizer head of the Protank can unfasten when unscrewing the tube or base. Always secure the atomizer head before reinstalling the base of the Protank.
It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the battery contact area when removing the Clearomizer or any atomizer. We recommend cleaning the battery before charging it.
When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eLiquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks.
Atomizer heads have an average lifespan between 10 to 20 days. When the atomizer head wears down, it may begin to leak. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Oh and advice I guess. lol.

What I do is every time I top up the tank, I make sure that i slide a corner of rolled up tissue down the chimney. Do this until slowly until you feel resistance. Then let it sit there for a few seconds. I do the same thing with the hole on the bottom of the coil when its a dual coil. This sops up excess juice from the wick and around the coil. It's important that you're very gentle when doing this, because if you knock anything loose in there then it's probably going to leak worse lol. I also use a tissue to dry off around the coil in the base, like by the threading. Then I do the threading on the tank itself, I've noticed sometimes that if there's a lot of juice on the threads when you screw it back together some of this can escape and create the illusion that the coil is leaking. It takes an extra few minutes, but since I started this routine I haven't had a single leak on any of my kanger tanks for a few months now. Also, juice is going to end up in the center post when you unscrew the tank, make sure you blow that out, or just use another piece of rolled up tissue and slide it through there once. That also helps.

rucni

ECF Veteran
I was a diehard pt3 user before subtanks. With my pt3s I would remove the top tube from the coil head and add a little bit more silica wick or cotton. Sometimes there is a small gap between the top of the wicks and the bottom of the metal tube, its normally hidden by the silicone gasket so unless you are looking for it you may not see it an that is where it could be leaking from. NOW this work as for the old style pt3 coils the new style e wicks are encased in a sleeve and I can't say if they have the same issue or not, personally I hate the new style coils and use the old style in my aero mega

Reactions: Puff2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread