Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Mine just arrived today and it's surprisingly nice. vaporbeast has them in stock btw.

I got it in hopes that it could replace my Subtank Plus and figured I'd mainly use the .5 coils on it. But I decided to try the 1.5 coil...and it's actually a pretty good MTL if you close it most of the way. You can get it semi tight, but not quite the Endura T18 tight. But it's nice to see they did make it with this in mind, keeping semi true to the name at least.

The top/side fill is alright. Not my favorite, but I'm trying to get rid of all bottomfill tanks, so this will have to do. It works fine, just sort of a pain to fill.

Good quality and well put together, and so far no spitting or gurgling and wicking seems great (though will have to test with .5 soon). Also note- it does have the color options at the bottom of the box. I haven't seen it really mentioned anywhere, but I think we can expect it in other colors soon. Kinda wish I would have waited for the Black.

Just sort of my initial thoughts so far. Anyone else have it yet?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
upload_2016-5-17_20-38-11.png

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Seen a number of reviews that appear to have fluctuating resistance on the RBA due to loose Positive post on the Velocity deck.

16:28 shows loose post on the deck (not that I think this guy is the brightest bulb on the block). He at least figured out the problem. Others below saw the reading flutuations and mentioned it, but never said what it was.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Does anyone have leaking problems with it?
The way the topfill works makes me somewhat suspicious: You close off the opening before tilting the top part down. Doesn´t that mean, that there is air trapped, that is pushed down through the coil? Hm...

I ordered one, but it will take some time before I actually get it.
Pretty sure it is vented until you do the final screw down but don't have one to confirm. Perhaps @drysprocket can provide more info.

Reactions: Shokker

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
No leaking so far. I'm still using the 1.5 coil, but I'll try the .5 as soon as it gives, which will allow me to test keeping the airflow open fully and putting it through it's paces. But knock on wood; it doesn't seem prone to leaking.

And the topfill is slightly growing on me. Just getting easier the more I use it. The biggest thing I realized today is that it's almost the exact same size as the Toptank Mini. Kinda weird...it looks bigger since it's more of one big piece, but I measured them up right next to each other and virtually identical, but this holds more juice. So that's kinda cool.

I've never used RBA stuff, but I'm thinking about giving it a try on this. I'm just scurred, since I'm semi clueless. I'll let you guys know if I do though.

Reactions: Shokker

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
No leaking so far. I'm still using the 1.5 coil, but I'll try the .5 as soon as it gives, which will allow me to test keeping the airflow open fully and putting it through it's paces. But knock on wood; it doesn't seem prone to leaking.

And the topfill is slightly growing on me. Just getting easier the more I use it. The biggest thing I realized today is that it's almost the exact same size as the Toptank Mini. Kinda weird...it looks bigger since it's more of one big piece, but I measured them up right next to each other and virtually identical, but this holds more juice. So that's kinda cool.

I've never used RBA stuff, but I'm thinking about giving it a try on this. I'm just scurred, since I'm semi clueless. I'll let you guys know if I do though.
Please do. Each of the vids above show wicking although I would trim tails to point a bit more that. Please, Please, Please see if that Velocity deck fits & further works in your Nebox!!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj

At the very least if you could take a caliper and take a measurement of the diameter and height of the assembled rba I might be able to take an educated guess as to whether it will work in Nebox. Cannot find published measurements of this RBA deck alone anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
It sounds like the RBA has some issues. I'm not sure why the positive pin being removable is bad....but it sounds like it is :/ Btw Tpat, Phil did a video and mentioned that the RBA doesn't work in the Nebox. My condolences.

On the bright side, I'm really enjoying the tank with the prebuilt coils. And the black is now available too. But it sounds like those that are hoping to get this to rebuild, are once again let down by Kanger.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
It sounds like the RBA has some issues. I'm not sure why the positive pin being removable is bad....but it sounds like it is :/ Btw Tpat, Phil did a video and mentioned that the RBA doesn't work in the Nebox. My condolences.

On the bright side, I'm really enjoying the tank with the prebuilt coils. And the black is now available too. But it sounds like those that are hoping to get this to rebuild, are once again let down by Kanger.

So that guy actually investigated the post the others mentioned. That is a serious issue as electrical integrity is compromised.

Busardo Mentioning it does not fit in Nebox and actually testing it in the unit are two different things. I'll look for the vid though.

Seems like the rba has to be redesigned before it can be used. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread