Kanger Protank Coils

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by dherrington, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dherrington

dherrington Senior Member ECF Veteran

Good morning. I wondered if anyone out there knew how long I could expect a Kanger Protank coil to last? I am a heavy vaper. Does the voltage I run through it play a part?

Any help would be appreciated. I just got the tank yesterday. I probably should have asked this question in advance but c'est la vie.

Cheers,
    Doug:2cool:

2. obscure_shadow

obscure_shadow Full Member

i am also wandering this as well....

3. Tintreach

Tintreach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm going on my 3rd week of the same coil. I modified the stock wick a little, clean out the tank every other day. It's usually in my Vamo and only gets switched out with the AGA-T2 in the weekends.

All I can say it works and tastes just as good since I tweaked it.

4. obscure_shadow

obscure_shadow Full Member

how did you modify it?

5. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mine seem to start toneed dryburning after about a week. I just discard and replace with a new one if I detect any problem being as they only cost about 1.20. I haven't had any coils burn out or stop working. I just throw the discards in a ziplock and save for dryburning when times get hard

6. AlanWoltemath

AlanWoltemath Senior Member ECF Veteran

i was running the protank at 4.2 volts and got a burnt taste after the first day, replaced the atomizer head and started vaping at around 3.7 to 3.8 and smooth sailing for a week now.

7. Tintreach

Tintreach Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There are 2 issues you will find with these heads.

1: fluid seeps past the wick and floods the atty chamber causing gurgling and minor flooding.

2: the wicks run a little dry and burn up.

Now if you remove the top (flavor) wick to prevent the second issue, the first will likely pop up. What I did was relocate the top wick material to the sides. Tightens up the draw a little, exposes the top of the coil and prevents fluid from flooding past the wicks.

I have one coil that toasted the wick in less than a day. Very airy draw too then I switched out the coils and started tinkering and this is what I came up with. It seems to work well and much better than stock.

8. Keiwie

Keiwie Full Member Verified Member

They should last about a month, it really depends. The case it came in has a card in it telling you what voltage you should be running with which ohm. They come with 2.5 ohm coils so about 4 volts is good. I just ordered some evod low ohm coils so I'll let you know how they work.

9. VapRLady

VapRLady Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have 8 Protanks, it varies depending on how much you vape it and what juices you are running in it. Dark fluids or syrupy clog the atty faster.

I rinse the atty under a stream of very hot water about every three fills and dab dry.

I rinse the atty, remove the flavor wicks and do a dry burn when they start to get soggy and lose flavor, replace the flavor wicks and dab dry and let sit overnight.

I am now rebuilding atty's, very easy to do and cheap so I may not even bother rinsing anymore....

On average they last two to four weeks.

10. AlanWoltemath

AlanWoltemath Senior Member ECF Veteran

Its seems like the higher the vg mix is the quicker you will gunk up your atomizer head. I got 2 days out of one of my coils running it at 3.7 volts using 100% vg 555 liquid

11. onem0hit

onem0hit Full Member Verified Member

I have been using the same head for about 2 weeks with a 50/50 solution and have not been able to burn out a coil. The wicks did become gunked up around the coils so I ended up rebuilding and using new wicks, mostly out of boredom. The performance is significantly better: no gurgling and closed up the draw significantly with a little extra silica on top. It takes a few minutes to pull them apart, rewind a new coil and reassemble, but it was worth it. I have 7 heads now and I am convinced that is 2 lifetime's worth.

12. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Tanks

: vamo, evod, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.