Kanger protank II with aspire cf vv

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Would a Kanger protank II Pro work with a aspire cf vv?
Yes... it'll work. The size is not well matching (might look a bit strange, it that bothers you) and the Protank II was not as good as it should have been.
Many of us kept this tank after we bought the airflow control and learned how to rebuild the atomizer heads. I still have this tank and use it sometimes. The coils were sometimes junky but it was the classic tank to learn how to make tiny little coils and cotton.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Sure that'll work. You might want to keep the voltage down around the lower end to middle of what's available. specially if you're rewicking those little coils with cotton. The PT2s are a great tank if you work with them and don't mind pulling them off to clean the juice seepage from the 510 connector occasionally. I often think about digging mine out to play with them again.

exo72069

Sep 1, 2012
Austin TX
Yup ... works fine on spinner clones, low rent versions of the CF.

Please heed the advise from *Foggy* about voltage and advise from *djs* about Aerotank Base (air flow control).

I use Aerotanks almost exclusively, with Original Kanger Protank II cotton coil heads. The cotton heads are much better than the fiberglass heads and worth the few extra pennies.

If your not using a PT II or a hybrid with air flow control base, you will have to add a second inverted plastic gasket to the stem part of the coil head. Used this way they fit perfectly in a Aerotank (or PT III). Nowdays you can get a Aerotank clone for the same price as a PT II clone.

I have yet to find a cheaper way to get a good vape, without rolling and wicking your own coils for a top of the line tank. I don't mind rolling and wicking but for less than a buck for a factory Kanger cotton coil its not worth my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread