Kanger protank II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
My wife and I vaped protanks for almost 2 years. With a airflow adapter and rebuilding coils it was a great unit for our needs, even though a bit small in ml size it did us well. Since I didn't use stock coils we had NO issues with it leaking but had a old PT1 glass unglue from the base and the airflow adapters also separated, sending the springs into oblivion then lost. Those protanks set the stage for my rebuilding skills I am going to use till I quit vaping.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@choochoogranny, just wrapped a 28g, 7 wrap, 1/16" coil for a pt2 head. Rings out about 0.8-ish ohms

Wicked with my normal cotton ball that I use for these heads. First impressions, I think the flavor is more pronounced.

I've run from 10-13W. I think it's kinda nice. It's a contact coil.

I'll try a few more this weekend and keep you updated!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Touchdown! Dinger, that's grand. :) Try some more! Try some more! Ha! Oh, the ramp up time is suppose to take longer. Could you detect a difference?

No noticeable ramp-up difference.....

I was contemplating 30g, but I don't think I will go there. My kanthal is 30g, and I normally wrap 7-8 wraps and lands me about 1.5 ohms. I'm hoping I can find maybe one kind of wire I like and not have 10 different spools :lol:

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
That was the first tank I got and I still use them. You can't use them over about 12W which I think means any mod out there will work. If you want something cheap and simple get a Spinner. It's worth learning how to rebuild the coils yourself. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do that. Replacement coils are expensive and not very good.

You can rebuild the coils to handle a little more wattage but i think even 12 watts is to high after thinking about it .

From what i remember 8 to 10 watts is ideal with standard coils not 10 to 12 watts.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Dinger et al, try wicking with Rayon.

Not sure of the non AC PT but if they have vent holes like the Evods, trying drilling one of the holes out
with your 1/16" bit. That makes a Perfect draw on the Evod.

I call it Turboing an Evod, you will be Shocked at the vape with the better flow and better wicking/flavor from the Rayon.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread