• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanger Protank leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Whaha what's a chi you..? Btw lots of things to learn from u when I go into mech. I will get the vm first b4 I ask ya more. What I know is ur soo darn poisonous. Heeheehee.

Haha. Go search and check out reviews on the chi you. That's one hell of a poisonous potion. To me the real poison still lies in the caravela. My friend just got his and showed me 2 days ago. He didn't even let me touch it. Damn. Just at the sight of it makes me imagine owning one. Get yourself verified man. I am still on a learning curve. reviews and videos are your real mentors. And end of the day its gonna be your preference on how u wan ur mechs and RBAs to accommodate one another.

I am poisonous? Haha. Wait till u see more of the beasts that our veterans here own. Then that's real poison for u. LOL.

mavieboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
SG
Haha. Go search and check out reviews on the chi you. That's one hell of a poisonous potion. To me the real poison still lies in the caravela. My friend just got his and showed me 2 days ago. He didn't even let me touch it. Damn. Just at the sight of it makes me imagine owning one. Get yourself verified man. I am still on a learning curve. Reviews and videos are your real mentors. And end of the day its gonna be your preference on how u wan ur mechs and RBAs to accommodate one another.

I am poisonous? Haha. Wait till u see more of the beasts that our veterans here own. Then that's real poison for u. LOL.

Is just a tube mod at the end of the day, what matters is u are off analogs....

kiryn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Pandora
Okay, I guess I spoke too soon about the Protanks. There's a simple fix though.

Last night after filling up one of my Protanks with juice I was about to go vaping. First I noticed a really tight draw followed by loud gurgling sound. When I took it off my mod I realised that there was juice leaking from the mouthpiece. and from the connection. When I blew on the mouthpiece the juice leaks like no tomorrow from the bottom. It was late at night so I poured the remainder of my juice (it leaked half out already) back, washed it out thoroughly and left aside.

This morning at work I had some spare time so I decided to investigate this. I filled the offending piece with water and left it to sit upside down. Sure enough, it leaked. I had a good look and realised the leak springs from the inner tube where there's a joint to the top cap/mouth piece.

THE FIX: I took a dot punch that was big enough to cover the inner tube and a hammer and lightly tapped the inner tube with the mouthpiece on the table (I used a towel to buffer the blows). Next, I turned it around, sat it back on the same towel (this is without the bottom piece) and lightly tapped from the top of the mouthpiece.

After checking that there's no cracks anywhere, I filled the whole thing up with water again, assembled it fully and left it to sit upside down on a piece of tissue. 1 hour later, no leak. I turned it around on to sit on the connector and left it for another hour. Still no leak. I took it and blew as hard as I could from the mouthpiece. Still no leak.

I'm going to fill it up later after lunch and use it to vape for the day. Will report back.

Disclaimer: This fix worked for me, I do not guarantee that it will work for you. Please be careful when dealing with tools and glass.

Craftio

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Healthy Vaping Land
My Kanger protank also leaking from the bottom. Will fill it up (90% full) and by the 3rd drag i taste juice in my mouth already. After 3-4 more vapes will literally have hot juice flying into my mouth everytime i suck. The protank is brand new and i didnt remove any wicks.
After this i even tried stacking1 MORE piece of wick (so total is 1 coil + 3 flavor wicks) but the darn thing still leaks.

I suspect that the juice (liqua menthol) is too "thin" causing the unit to leak. Will try another juice see how.
If still cannot will try my hand at rebuilding with 2mm silica wick. Will be my first build though and I am looking at tutorials on how to do it.
1 small question, how does the number of turns I make around the wick relate to the eventual ohms assuming i am using 2mm silica wick with 32awg kanthal. More turns is higher ohms?

Cheers

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
My Kanger protank also leaking from the bottom. Will fill it up (90% full) and by the 3rd drag i taste juice in my mouth already. After 3-4 more vapes will literally have hot juice flying into my mouth everytime i suck. The protank is brand new and i didnt remove any wicks.
After this i even tried stacking1 MORE piece of wick (so total is 1 coil + 3 flavor wicks) but the darn thing still leaks.

I suspect that the juice (liqua menthol) is too "thin" causing the unit to leak. Will try another juice see how.
If still cannot will try my hand at rebuilding with 2mm silica wick. Will be my first build though and I am looking at tutorials on how to do it.
1 small question, how does the number of turns I make around the wick relate to the eventual ohms assuming i am using 2mm silica wick with 32awg kanthal. More turns is higher ohms?

Cheers

Everything regarding the length of the wire to number of coils matter. A 3/2 wrap with ur items may give u roughly 1.0-1.4 ohms. 4/3 will give u roughly 1.4 - 1.9ohms. Trial and error.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home

Cheers

My liqua apple and strawberry leaks as well.
not as bad as yours, but when the tank is left on its side for a short while, it will leak.

Craftio

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Healthy Vaping Land
Everything regarding the length of the wire to number of coils matter. A 3/2 wrap with ur items may give u roughly 1.0-1.4 ohms. 4/3 will give u roughly 1.4 - 1.9ohms. Trial and error.

Thanks for the advice. Will try building for the kanger protank soon. If that goes well.. learn more and build for my aga-t2

The info at this thread also very useful
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/327345-rebuildable-atomizer-tutorial.html

Craftio

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Healthy Vaping Land
My liqua apple and strawberry leaks as well.
not as bad as yours, but when the tank is left on its side for a short while, it will leak.

I just tried another juice(diff brand)... still leaks...
no choice but to rebuild it with 2mm silica wick and hope it works. Maybe i just got a lemon.. but nvm.. good chance for me to try new things :)

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Before you rebuild, you have to find out the cause of the leak first.
Here's my 0.000002 cents:
1) ensure all the parts are fitted properly. Sometimes we may overlook simple solutions.
2) adjust the positioning of the flavor wicks such that there are no gaps. The flavor wicks are just a fancy name for plugs. They are there to plug up any holes.
3) take out the flavor wicks and use cotton bandage as the plugs.

Recoiling may solve your problem, but it's not the actual solution. Fiddling around with the plugs and the fit of the parts will.

Craftio

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Healthy Vaping Land
Before you rebuild, you have to find out the cause of the leak first.
Here's my 0.000002 cents:
1) ensure all the parts are fitted properly. Sometimes we may overlook simple solutions.
2) adjust the positioning of the flavor wicks such that there are no gaps. The flavor wicks are just a fancy name for plugs. They are there to plug up any holes.

Recoiling may solve your problem, but it's not the actual solution. Fiddling around with the plugs and the fit of the parts will.

Great advice.. a quick update on what i have tried. Still waiting for the silica wick to arrive so have a little time to play with it first

-This I did already. Tried a few times. Made sure all parts fit correctly and tightly. Leaking still occurs
-This i tried to a certain extent. As mentioned earlier I tried adding another small piece of flavor wick to see if 4 wicks will plug the thing up it didnt. This being said i just read an interesting thread (Here) on perhaps using a length of thinner silica wick to try to plug up the thing. Will try this will 1mm silica wick I harvested from a vivi mini pro head.

This is something new. Just normal cotton bandage? Pull a little bit of fluff from the bandage and stuff it in there... sounds like an idea. Maybe will try this

Craftio

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Healthy Vaping Land
really no way of you getting a refund?
feel like its pretty unfair that you have to do all this.

both my protanks leaked but i realised it was just those flavors of juices.
not sure on the refund policies of tanks though.

Actually didnt think abt getting a refund or replacement for the item.
Im taking this chance to learn abt building wicks and coiling stuff like dat... So i will stick with it. although i do agree with you ,that if you buy to plug and play then will be dissapointed with the protank. Especially since the cheap clearos work fine straight out of the box.

kiryn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Pandora
Actually didnt think abt getting a refund or replacement for the item.
Im taking this chance to learn abt building wicks and coiling stuff like dat... So i will stick with it. although i do agree with you ,that if you buy to plug and play then will be dissapointed with the protank. Especially since the cheap clearos work fine straight out of the box.

I actually found my Protanks and now the Evods to be plug and play.. Once you figure out the eccentricities of the device.

The number one tip I got from reading the forums was to stuff a qtip (or in my case, a piece of tissue rolled up) up from the mouthpiece til you see it poking out from the center post when filling up.

Somehow, even if you use a needle bottle like I do, juice still manages to escape into the center post. Doing this has 100% solved any leaking issues for me. (Touch wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread