Kanger Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I see Discountvapers had some LR heads for this tank but out of stock. Are there any available anywhere?
Wondering on how to tighten the draw.. Too airy for me.. Flavor is good and vapor is good but too much air. I have plugged 2 of the holes and still too airy. Any suggestions if any?
I am expecting my order today. I have heard that the evod head works better in the pro tanks. I am going to try it with the pro tank head and then the evod head....

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I am expecting my order today. I have heard that the evod head works better in the pro tanks. I am going to try it with the pro tank head and then the evod head....

Where did you hear that evod heads work better? They come in higher resistance so I'd love to try them. I just would like to read more about this.

My vape store and Sun-vapers has LR protank heads in stock.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Where did you hear that evod heads work better? They come in higher resistance so I'd love to try them. I just would like to read more about this.

A friend just obtained theirs and tried it. I don't know from personal use yet! I will see if I can find the links to the evod/protank......filtering isn't easy...:)

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.

What I mean by better-less airy is reported. Here is just one example from a ecf vendor

Kanger ProTank

There is also you tube videos on how to change out the coils. Do note: I don't know for sure until I try. :)

Last edited:

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
What I mean by better-less airy is reported. Here is just one example from a ecf vendor

Kanger ProTank

There is also you tube videos on how to change out the coils. Do note: I don't know for sure until I try. :)

Nice, well I may look at the videos then. The only thing that scares me is the pro tank heads are longer. They have to be longer for a reason I would think. I just really want more resistance and I've seen evod heads at 2.8 ohms.

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
I have two with one in the mail, very good tanks so far. I did go through a coil with a real sweet juice, fruit stripes to be exact. Burned it right out and was coated in sugar. Started to soak them now in warm water. Also some thinner juices will eventually leak out bottom hole but not enough to worry about. So far I really like them, very clean look to them.
I just tried an evod coil in mine, does seem to work good.

Last edited:

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
My husband and I ended up with six Protanks between us since we ordered from Kangertech, (took a month), then we ordered from sun-vapers, (which does have them is stock as of today), and liked them so much we ordered another set long before our Kangertech order finally arrived yesterday. We have almost a month of solid vaping on them.

We ordered them because we like the eVod because of it's ease of use, lack of leaking and solid performance. We have left all other delivery systems behind, (other than my husbands love of the MT3 which he hoards for himself and a eCab tank tip or two).

We found the Protanks airy at first, but once you get used to it they give loads of vapor for a light draw. We found closing off air holes makes them start to gurgle with time, if we want a stiffer hit we just close off a hole or two with our finger when drawing.

We tried using the eVod atomizers and went back to the Protank stock atty's it's nice to have the option if you like it stiffer but we found they tend to flood more with the eVod atty's.

We also ordered Kanger eVod batteries which are 3.7volts and really like them with the Protank, they seal tighter to the kanger batteries and they then give a tighter draw, (via the extender collar). The Kanger batteries also outlast the eGo Twist and VV eGo batteries by more than half a day and seem to run hotter until they start flashing.

We plan on rebuilding our atty's at some point but are for now doing periodic burns and soakings to keep them going, the low price of atty's for both are keeping us buying for now. They seem to last about two to three weeks depending on juice. One Protank atty we have has lasted a month!

We clean the atty's by rinsing with very hot water every two fills or so and letting air dry a bit, if that fails we pull the flavor wicks, do a good dry burn, rinse the wicks, put it back together then we soak in just boiling water until cool and air dry for a day. This seems to get them up and running for a week or two more if the Vaping Gods smile on our endeavors.

We played around with wicking, the atty has one wick inside the coil and two thinner flavor wicks, we removed some, added some and generally fooled around with them according to juice, in the end we just stuck to the original setup, it works best on all juices this way for us.
Photo 58.jpg
We really like the look, feel, balance and vapor of the Protank and are glad we bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread