Kanger Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmm. Will have to try taking out a wick..

I did that with mine....big mistake for me personally....it caused the PT to leak and gurgle like crazy. Fortunately I also ordered a couple boxes of 1.8 coils, so I put in a new one and no leaks/gurgles so far after 3 fills.

The "remove a wick" trick works great on my T3's though.....that's why I did it with the PT......so for me: remove a wick in the T3, leave it alone in the PT.

Dvx67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Lexington, KY
I did that with mine....big mistake for me personally....it caused the PT to leak and gurgle like crazy. Fortunately I also ordered a couple boxes of 1.8 coils, so I put in a new one and no leaks/gurgles so far after 3 fills.

The "remove a wick" trick works great on my T3's though.....that's why I did it with the PT......so for me: remove a wick in the T3, leave it alone in the PT.

HMMM Have you tried silica?

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I tried removing the top wick, did nothing as far as that synthetic taste goes...tried using evod heads btw and they work great for about half a tank then start leaking (swapped the posts...nothing to be done apparently). my juice is 50/50 btw, it looks like they changed the wick material so idk what to do other than switch out the wicks, either use the ones in my evod heads or find something else.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I have a problem w/ the new replacement heads i just got, they're givin off a weird taste that won' go away no matter what I do. the wicks look clear when doused in juice - diff't from the ones that came w/ it which look white - idk what the deal is but the new ones are producing a synthetic, silicone taste...anyone else experiencing this?
Try this dark.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cussion/404174-evod-protank-head-rebuild.html
You can separate the twine which works even better but,imho this gives a better vape than the stock heads. Big Screen D's suggestion.Works with everything too. My stock heads refused to do vg well. Unless I kept it 2w below my norm...

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I tried removing the top wick, did nothing as far as that synthetic taste goes...tried using evod heads btw and they work great for about half a tank then start leaking (swapped the posts...nothing to be done apparently). my juice is 50/50 btw, it looks like they changed the wick material so idk what to do other than switch out the wicks, either use the ones in my evod heads or find something else.

Vodka soak? overnight then rinse with water

AlanWoltemath

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Conroe, Tx
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds

espio

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
florida
Mmmm, after about a week of part-time use my Kanger Protank started to taste burnt. Luckily I went on a B&M rampage yesterday and picked up a 5 pack of evod heads in 1.8 ohm. (also got a bit of juice, was hoping for MORE) :laugh:

After sucking burnt all day at work, first thing I did when I got home was yank out the stock atty I had been using, swapped the shaft onto one of the evod heads, removed a wick, and all is fantastically well now.

I really didn't like this tank at first due to airflow/feeding, but it is quickly becoming my daily driver over DCT's. Just took a bit of tweaking, and me forcing myself to use it for a day.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Mmmm, after about a week of part-time use my Kanger Protank started to taste burnt. Luckily I went on a B&M rampage yesterday and picked up a 5 pack of evod heads in 1.8 ohm. (also got a bit of juice, was hoping for MORE) :laugh:

After sucking burnt all day at work, first thing I did when I got home was yank out the stock atty I had been using, swapped the shaft onto one of the evod heads, removed a wick, and all is fantastically well now.

I really didn't like this tank at first due to airflow/feeding, but it is quickly becoming my daily driver over DCT's. Just took a bit of tweaking, and me forcing myself to use it for a day.
Glad you worked it out. What PV are you using with them and what PG/VG ratio of juice do you use?

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
I would love to have one of these. I applaud the use of all metal and glass but I tend to bite the end of my tanks. Just for that reason I need a plastic tip so that I don't destroy my teeth. If I ever get over that habit would love these. I use a mini t3 that I modified with an SS wick and it works great.

Take one of the spare attys that it come with...take out the atty from the protective rubber condom thingy (they look like the ones covering cartos)...use scissors to cut off top of condom...slip over metal tip... Chew away :)

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
Hrm, so I got my Kanger ProTank a couple of days ago, and I think I need some help.

Currently using an eVic with 2600 (Pink) battery
Have been using 3.5ml DCT's @ 8.1 for at work due to maintaining decent vapor through the day, no leakage, no worries about pocket storage. Playing with an AGA T2, Octopus RDA, and A7 at home.

Was anxious for the Kanger ProTank as a replacement, but am having issues getting desired performance. I would describe my problem as muted flavor. The first use seems to be almost there flavor-wise, but falls off on subsequent use (seemingly it takes a bit to wick more juice) I am currently running the stock 2.5 Ω (measured at 2.4 on the eVic) atomizer at 10.1 watts, 4.92 volts with a 80/20 PG/VG blend. I don't seem to taste anything on the inhale, a bit on the exhale.

So, if you are happy with your Kanger ProTank, please post your setups (device/mod/battery, atomizer used (most are probably the 2.5 as of this post), measured Ω, and voltage/wattage used.)

I really want to love this thing. Thanks in advance!

i have one on a provari...vaping strawberry cantaloupe from roar...stock 2.5 head...no wicks removed...running at 4.1...works beautifully. The other I have on a itaste MVP...vaping MBA blueberry (both juices are 70/30 pg/vg I should add)...no wicks removed...also at 4.1...also working great. Last one is on a ego twist...1000mah...Hawaiian Sunrise from roar...70/30...no wicks removed...set at 4.0. I've not had an issue with any gurgling,leaking...every once in a while ill get a dry hit...but it's usually because I'm chain vaping it. I tip it on its side a few times and all is back to normal.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Are any of you who have taken out one wick using a heavy on the PG juice? I use 80/20 PG/VG and haven't really felt the need to take a wick out for more flavor, but wouldn't mind more flavor, ya know? It seems most of the people taking wicks out use more VG than PG. Just wondering since my juice is thin.

I don't want it to start gurgling and flooding on me if I take out a wick just because I think I may get more flavor in return.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
Are any of you who have taken out one wick using a heavy on the PG juice? I use 80/20 PG/VG and haven't really felt the need to take a wick out for more flavor, but wouldn't mind more flavor, ya know? It seems most of the people taking wicks out use more VG than PG. Just wondering since my juice is thin.

I don't want it to start gurgling and flooding on me if I take out a wick just because I think I may get more flavor in return.

I run 70/30 on most juices... I tried taking one wick out but as soon as I did I got a gurgling...so I put it back. I have one juice from fuZion that is 35/65 pg vg. But that seems to be fine with all wicks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread