Status
Not open for further replies.

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've been vaping on this for a while and I hope this review helps some of you. I am not an expert, but I am an avid vaper and will be reviewing from that perspective.

Build Quality: Top notch. I've dropped this a few times and the tank has held beautifully. I was afraid having dropped it on a concrete floor that it would break, but in my instance it did not. Maybe I just got lucky. I wish I could tell how thick the glass is...it looks pretty thick and I now feel it's solid and not going to break without some abuse. The glass came scratch free. The metal top is smooth and and free of visual imperfections. The metal bottom isn't as perfectly smooth as the top, but no one who is not examining it up close will ever see the minuscule imperfections.

Feel: It's heavy. Being glass and metal I expected it would be. It will make some setups top-heavy, so consider lying your equipment on it's side if it does not have a generous flat base. I'm mainly using it on an iTaste MVP, and so far it has not toppled. The top feels smooth on the lips but hard on the teeth. Definitely not something I want to bite down hard or chew on.

Vape Quality: So far I'm very very pleased on this aspect. I get heavy vapor and it's a joy use. However, if you're big on throat hit, this may not be for you. The vape is relatively cool being that it's a bottom coil passing through a metal tube. I like that, but I know not everyone will. Also being that it's a bottom coil, the liquid level can get pretty darn low and still vape well.

Cleaning: I cannot say this enough - when you remove the protank from your device, be sure you are grasping the textured bottom and not the glass or smooth metal components! It's a bottom fill and I had a minor juicetastrophy because I unscrewed it and the bottom stayed attached to the device and the tank came off, spilling what was left in the tank. That was my fault, but seriously, be aware. I typically clean my equipment with a sink sprayer, not a great idea with this. The top does not come off and if the water jet is too fast, it will come squirting back at you. I use a lower setting on my sink sprayer for this one. Otherwise it cleans up just fine.

Pro: I can use polycarbonate-unfriendly juices in it and that makes me very happy. The beauty ring that comes with the protank works great on the iTaste MVP and looks better than the ring the MVP came with. New heads are relatively inexpensive.

Con: Extra care not to let the device tip over. Glass breaks. A little extra care goes a long way.

Recommended? Yes, I would buy this again.

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
That's actually a great idea, Face Meat. I had the same issue with the EVOD. I'd been very careful about unscrewing these by the base, but when I got rushed I didn't think about it and a mess ensued. Luckily both times they were down to almost nothing. I wonder if anyone has suggested that to Kanger...

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Nice review. If I had designed the Protank, the threads that connect the main body to the base would be reverse.

Excellent idea! And the base would be bigger, for better finger grip. I've accidently unscrewed the tank from the base on mine twice and spilled fluid all over my mod thinking I was just taking the ProTank off. I agree with everything woof said but will add on build quality, it's just amazing! The fit and finish is flawless. The design is the easiest to clean and replace of any I've tried, which is granted, limited. That they channeled the bottom for better air flow shows careful engineering and design. That they included an Ego adapter ring is above and beyond. For $18 it's hard to fault this tank. If there is one, its too airy. That can be fixed with a little teflon tape but I image on the v2, they will tight up the draw. Even so, the airy draw is still good, you just have to adjust yourself to it. Once you do, its a great vape.

Last edited:

NismoNinja

Mar 11, 2013
Phoenix
I will agree.... I just got my ProTank and I really like it. I've used iClears and they are great, but I fell in love with a cinnamon vape. I quickly realized that I can't find any replacement tanks for the iClear so I purchased one of these. My beloved SVD is in the shop, so I've been using the iClear and the ProTank on my old eGo batteries. The ProTank works flawlessly on the eGo. Plenty of vapor and flavor. I like the airy draw - much preferred to the tight draws of some of my other tanks.

f4ifrank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NE Georgia
Since supplies for replacement heads for my Vivi Vision Nova Mini have been harder to find, I ordered a Protank and gave it a try. The taste of the juice is nowhere near the level of the Vision Mini. As soon as I get verified, I'm going to sell my Protank. The Protank looks good, built well but he execution of juice taste just didn't work for me. I hate it because the replacement heads are cheaper.

I've tried a number of clearomizers but have yet to find one that matches the Vivi.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Excellent idea! And the base would be bigger, for better finger grip. I've accidently unscrewed the tank from the base on mine twice and spilled fluid all over my mod thinking I was just taking the ProTank off. I agree with everything woof said but will add on build quality, it's just amazing! The fit and finish is flawless. The design is the easiest to clean and replace of any I've tried, which is granted, limited. That they channeled the bottom for better air flow shows careful engineering and design. That they included an Ego adapter ring is above and beyond. For $18 it's hard to fault this tank. If there is one, its too airy. That can be fixed with a little teflon tape but I image on the v2, they will tight up the draw. Even so, the airy draw is still good, you just have to adjust yourself to it. Once you do, its a great vape.

You say the airy draw can be fixed with Teflon tape! Please tell me more of how to do this. I love the Protank and the light draw is my only complaint, but even then I still love it. Its sleek looking and I love the nice taste it provides.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    You say the airy draw can be fixed with Teflon tape! Please tell me more of how to do this. I love the Protank and the light draw is my only complaint, but even then I still love it. Its sleek looking and I love the nice taste it provides.

Don't cover all the vents! One guy did that & ruined his coil head.

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    www.youtube.com
    Since supplies for replacement heads for my Vivi Vision Nova Mini have been harder to find, I ordered a Protank and gave it a try. The taste of the juice is nowhere near the level of the Vision Mini. As soon as I get verified, I'm going to sell my Protank. The Protank looks good, built well but he execution of juice taste just didn't work for me. I hate it because the replacement heads are cheaper.

I've tried a number of clearomizers but have yet to find one that matches the Vivi.

I have 2 Vivi Novas and my experience with them is they're persnickety. They have to be at *just* the right voltage setting and although the vape with a Vivi is warmer, I get far less vapor from them. If you want to make a trade, PM me and we can talk details.

rubrduk

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 4, 2012
    show me
    If you want a tighter draw with your ProTank take a paper towel, fold it in half, tear or cut a notch in the fold the size of the 510 connection (does not have to be perfect) put it between you tank and the device, tear off excess paper towel. You now have the perfect adjustable draw for your protank. Snug it up a little for tighter draw, Loosen it a bit to make it airey. Free , Replacable , Biodegradable

With that said can somebody tell me how to get more than about 4 or 5 tanks used without the flavor and vapor just going down the drain

Last edited:

eric1973

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2013
    Dayton
    I have talked with a few people that have used the tip of a toothpick to tighten the draw also, but have not tried it yet.

The only major drawback for me is how easy the threads are to break off the base if it tips or falls. The bottom bases are hard to replace alone; I learned after a while that I could simply lay it on its side....

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just ordered a protank and after reading so many reviews I cant wait till it gets here! I just got a vivi nova tank and an not happy with it at all, I don't know what im doing wrong but I get hardly any vapor from it! i'm ...... I spent a good amount of money on it and I've tried 5 different atomizer heads and still am getting little to no vapor from it. any suggestions or help on this issue would be very much appreciated!

Bawn

ECF Veteran
    Nov 18, 2011
    boynton beach, FL
    how did you guys get the pro tank to wick? mine just wont wick worth a dam. tried both heads, tried removing 1 top wick then both still no luck. any ideas? only using 50/50. people use 100%vg and have no issues. how's this possible that I cant get it to wick on a vamo. no matter what wattage I set it to I cant get this dam thing to operate like its suppose to. coil is coming in at 2.6ohms. also I has this chemical taste to it that's making me sick, even it does wick for one drag. so disappointed this trash. kanger needs to step up there game and stop releasing the same things that don't work IMHO. kanger T3 has the exact same problem. how can a bottom coil not get juice? the dam coil is literally sitting in juice......lost

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread