Kanger protank2 issue

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by Mr.poche504, Nov 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mr.poche504

Mr.poche504 Full Member

When I run my protank2 on my k100 flush it restricts all air flow. I have to back it off a lot for it to hit. So loose that the tank wiggles and just about comes off. Never did this before. At first I thought it was just clogged. But after cleaning multiple times and three replacement heads I'm still having this problem. What's the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RubyRoo

RubyRoo Super Member ECF Veteran

This often happens when you try to flush mount the Protank on a device. It's not the heads, the Protank gets its airflow from the 510 connection and if you flush mount it, you wont get any airflow. Not sure how to fix this on your particular device but you can search the threads for Protank and Provari issues, and Protank and Vamo issues. I've heard of this happening on these devices as well. Good luck! I hope this helped a little bit.

3. cap269

cap269 Full Member Verified Member

You would probably need something like this: Adapter - 510 to 510 with air flow ring

Edit: You will notice on the link that the air adjustment ring seems to be a little wonky, but it can be removed and the adapter still works. This will raise the topper a little bit, but will provide air flow instead of your existing sealed 510 connection.

4. Mr.poche504

Mr.poche504 Full Member

Any short term remedies? I work in the oilfield in the Gulf of Mexico and won't be on land for two weeks

5. Mr.poche504

Mr.poche504 Full Member

Thanks cap289 I just ordered one

6. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Are the 3 air holes on the side of the K100 clogged?

7. StandingOnTheMoon

StandingOnTheMoon Full Member

Came in with exact same problem, with Protank flush on k100 I am getting nothing, loosening makes it too loose. I'll check the link for the adapter, thanx!

8. StandingOnTheMoon

Sold out, any other advice?

9. ktaing

ktaing Full Member

I've never had a K100... but it doesn't have an adjustable pin or grooves for the pt2 to breathe?

10. StandingOnTheMoon

I don't see anything that appears adjustable, there are notches on the top, but if the tank is screwed all the way down there is absolutely no air flow, and it doesn't work very well loose.

11. tortugo23

tortugo23 Full Member

I have the same problem with the K100/Protank set up. I am trying this: Adapter Male 510 to Female 510 (510 extension) - MyFreedomSmokes.com not sold out.

On another thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/501587-kamry-k100-question-2.html the following was suggested:

Somehow the Kanger protanks don't play well with K100s, I originally thought it was electrical until I tried the drip it came with. I am currently running a protank mini on it just fine. Ultimately I will switch to rebuildables and hope those fit right. I'm not sure witch one I will go with yet, no time to research.

12. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. tortugo23

tortugo23 Full Member

Thanks for the heads up on the air flow controllers, those look perfect.

For the record, the adapter I mention above came today. It looks wobbly, but its solid feeling. It is plenty ugly, but I am happy I can use a larger tank on the K100 again. I cant find a source for the airflow controllers, maybe after the holidays they will be available again.

14. RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have the Pro tank 3 leaking and put a new atomizer same issues . Got a replacement unit after 3 days I refilled and bam started leaking using it on the Volcano 2.0 with no vape now...back to the top wicking cheapo tank that is vaping circles around the PT3.

15. BlankCameron

BlankCameron New Member

I just got my K100 and Protank 2 set up and was having this exact same problem. I found a quick fix for it after much trial and error crafting my own plastic washer type spacers. I noticed there were 2 white o-rings in my PT2 box. I am not sure what they are for but decided to slip one on the shaft that sticks out from the base of the PT2. I pushed it up all the way past the treads so that it sits flush and covers up the tiny holes on the side. When I threaded it back onto my K100 it hit perfectly. I no longer have to back it off so that it is wobbly. I did not crank the PT down as tight as it can go but it is tight enough where it wont get loose. I hope this helps/works for everyone with this problem.

16. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Clearomizers from New Members :)

: provari, vamo, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.