Kanger SSOCC rebuild take verticle coil apart from Subvod Toptank

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
I been building non-rebuildable evod tanks for a long time, why cause I'm cheap. I recently got a Subvod w/tanktop, searched this forum and found no info on how to disassemble a SSOCC. I did find one other site with some help so I decided to post how I took my SSOCC coil apart. Its easy and you don't destroy the coil wire. I haven't got around to buy some 28g wire and flat cotton so I cleaned the coil wire and cotton and reused.

First get something to run thru the air vents, I used a nail. Being round it would not fit thru the square holes so I ground 2 sides flat. Hold the coil with nail in one hand then I pulled on the cup cover with channelocks and it poped right off.
NOTE: If you put pliers on the air vent end you will crush that end.

412717240.jpg

coil completely apart
412717243.jpg

Coil shows allot of burnt on gunk, only in the middle where the juice enters the feed holes.
412717242.jpg

Don't know exact size Kanger wraped but this is a 9/64" drill bit
412717241.jpg

Put on stove flame and burnt off gunk
412717247.jpg

Coil after fire, very little gunk left. I used a toothbrush to clean it off. Wire came clean like new(didn't add photo of cleaned coil)
412717246.jpg

Reassemble coil not as pretty as the new ones since I used used cotton but it worked ok.
412717245.jpg

When new it tested .59ohms, after rebuilding with same wire its .57ohms
412717244.jpg

Last edited:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@charly1954 Thanks for posting! I was really into rebuilding the OG OCCs from Kanger before I dug deeper into the RTA scene. Then came the vertical v1s. put a stop to my rebuilding. It was possible but a PITA.
I pulled out my black STM this week for OTG vaping, plugged in a v1vert coil head and really loving it. Nice to know I can rebuild the new style coilheads. Great info you have here with pics:)
On a simialr note, I bought a Rafale tank for $5 bucks a while ago and used it last week. Factory coil heads suck big hairy time, so I pulled one apart to rebuild. Haven't perfected yet but it is possible. And very similar to the coilhead breakdown you show (on a lerger scale), excpet you don't have to pull the outer shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread