Kanger Subox question about charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Just got my new black Subox today and I have some juice in the tank wicking and doing a little research. Kinda disappointed this doesn't use the NI200 coils, however, the standard .5 coils are great that I use with my other Kanger tanks. I was a bit surprised that it will only handle a .3 or higher resistance. I ordered this on whim basically for its size and wanting something a bit stronger than my iStick 30W. I put a Kanger Nano tank on it that I was already using and boy does this thing "kick out the jams" (BOC reference if you recognize it ;) )

My question is, I realize this mod is a pass-through, however, I was wondering about the "charging" aspect. When you have a battery in the mod and hook up the mini USB does that charge the battery? Or is the mini USB strictly for pass-through usage? I'm kinda hesitant to plug up the USB with a battery in it not knowing what it might/will do.

I've looked on YouTube and all the vids there are basically OOTB demos that don't tell you much beyond what's in the manual and stuff I have figured out on my own. But I can't find an answer to this question about charging the battery.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Careful with those USB charging ports. Some are strictly for charging and not intended for "vape while charging", though I don't know if this is the case with the KBox mini. True pass through would allow you to vape without the battery, which I have yet to see in any mod. What most do is charge the battery with the USB plug, but if you use it, you are drawing the power from the battery. When you let off the button it resumes charging.

Personally I would not do this with any mod, whether it is intended or not. I also never use the USB to charge, unless I really need to and I will next to it the whole time (like sitting at my desk at work). These mods are vape devices first and battery chargers second. I would rather charge these batteries in something that puts charging above all else.

Reactions: Boden

articulate

Nov 26, 2015
First post, and sorry for the thread resurrection. But I'm interested in this as well, and Google turns up few answers so I'm hoping given the few months since the last post. Someone would have a better understanding of this now. I'm thinking of picking up a Subox Mini as a first kit(came from vape pens years ago), and was wondering if Kanger can be trusted with what they say can be done on their website.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
First post, and sorry for the thread resurrection. But I'm interested in this as well, and Google turns up few answers so I'm hoping given the few months since the last post. Someone would have a better understanding of this now. I'm thinking of picking up a Subox Mini as a first kit(came from vape pens years ago), and was wondering if Kanger can be trusted with what they say can be done on their website.
Hello and welcome to the forum @articulate. Glad to have you here!

Kangertech is a well respected brand & the Subox Mini is a great kit. What are they saying can be done?

Devn

Nov 12, 2015
what exactly are they claiming? also, kanger is decent brand and great for anyone of any level of vaping.

articulate

Nov 26, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum @articulate. Glad to have you here!

Kangertech is a well respected brand & the Subox Mini is a great kit. What are they saying can be done?

Thanks for the welcome. Oh no, I believe some time ago, for their first version their website did not state anything about charging via the USB cable. And it was only later with their revision that they included it. That's what I meant by, what they're saying can be done, i.e. charging via the USB cable. And thanks everyone for the affirmative replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread