Kanger Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Howell

Jun 29, 2015
Hey guys, I just bought the Kanger Subtank a couple days ago. Started out with the .5 ohm OCC and I enjoyed it. I like the cloud and the flavor on it. I decided to give the rba a try, I had no problems with building it and it works the way it should. A couple questions that I had were, how much juice should it be going through? I don't know if I was using it too much or if the RBA just goes through juice that quick. Also, I am using the Innokin Itaste Mvp 3.0. I have seen a lot of posts about people using at 30 watts. I tried going up to 30 with mine and it is very hot. I am going at about 20 watts at .6-.7 ohms and that seems to be pretty good. Just looking to get more info and any thoughts. Probably gonna buy the supplies to stick with the RBA. Anything you have will be helpful. Thanks!!!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Hey guys, I just bought the Kanger Subtank a couple days ago. Started out with the .5 ohm OCC and I enjoyed it. I like the cloud and the flavor on it. I decided to give the RBA a try, I had no problems with building it and it works the way it should. A couple questions that I had were, how much juice should it be going through? I don't know if I was using it too much or if the RBA just goes through juice that quick. Also, I am using the Innokin Itaste Mvp 3.0. I have seen a lot of posts about people using at 30 watts. I tried going up to 30 with mine and it is very hot. I am going at about 20 watts at .6-.7 ohms and that seems to be pretty good. Just looking to get more info and any thoughts. Probably gonna buy the supplies to stick with the RBA. Anything you have will be helpful. Thanks!!!
The subtank does use a lot of juice. Depending on how much you use it, you could easily go through 10 ml a day. I use the rba exclusively on mine, and I love it.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
First, the amount of juice you go through is entirely dependent on how much you're using it. That said, I can easily go through 10+ml per day with mine. That seems like a lot until you get an even more powerful subohm tank like the Freemax Starre and realize you're going through 5ml every 3-4 hours.

Now, as for the watts, that's both a matter of personal preference and also heavily influenced by the mod you use. So people like a warm vape, some like a cooler vape, and naturally anyone liking a warm vape will run it at a higher wattage.

However, not all mods are created equal, and 20W on one mod isn't the same as 20W on another. For example, I have these two mods...

20150625_161113.jpg

The mod on the left is a SnowWolf 200W. The mod on the right is an old Cloupor 30W.

Using the same Subtank Mini with the same coil I will run it at 23W on my SnowWolf and 28W on my Cloupor to achieve the same vape. I've tested several tanks on both mods and this difference is consistent. Every tank I have has to be run at 3-5W lower on the SnowWolf than it does the Cloupor. The lower ohm the coil the greater the difference in watts between the two mods.

So, just because someone tells you that X number of watts works best, that doesn't mean it's going to be the same for you. What's important is that you find the right setting for your preference on your mod. Don't worry about someone elses setting, their mod may not be delivering power the same as yours.

Chris Howell

Jun 29, 2015
First, the amount of juice you go through is entirely dependent on how much you're using it. That said, I can easily go through 10+ml per day with mine. That seems like a lot until you get an even more powerful subohm tank like the Freemax Starre and realize you're going through 5ml every 3-4 hours.

Now, as for the watts, that's both a matter of personal preference and also heavily influenced by the mod you use. So people like a warm vape, some like a cooler vape, and naturally anyone liking a warm vape will run it at a higher wattage.

However, not all mods are created equal, and 20W on one mod isn't the same as 20W on another. For example, I have these two mods...

20150625_161113.jpg

The mod on the left is a SnowWolf 200W. The mod on the right is an old Cloupor 30W.

Using the same Subtank Mini with the same coil I will run it at 23W on my SnowWolf and 28W on my Cloupor to achieve the same vape. I've tested several tanks on both mods and this difference is consistent. Every tank I have has to be run at 3-5W lower on the SnowWolf than it does the Cloupor. The lower ohm the coil the greater the difference in watts between the two mods.

So, just because someone tells you that X number of watts works best, that doesn't mean it's going to be the same for you. What's important is that you find the right setting for your preference on your mod. Don't worry about someone elses setting, their mod may not be delivering power the same as yours.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me. One other question, when i got my 30 watt i thought that was a lot, but you're talking about a 200 watt lol. What is the best uses for those? and why the need for a 200 watt?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me. One other question, when i got my 30 watt i thought that was a lot, but you're talking about a 200 watt lol. What is the best uses for those? and why the need for a 200 watt?

Honestly...

I can't imagine ever needing 200W.

The reason I got the mod was because it has Temperature Control, is dual battery, is small, and has one of the easiest to use temperature control interfaces in the industry. I don't have any builds that I would ever take up to 100W, much less 200W. But I'm not going to turn down a mod that does everything I want just because it has the option of delivering more power than I'll ever use.

Reactions: bwh79

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I have the same tank I'm using Ni200 coils... I've gone through 2 in the last 3 weeks.. any ideas? I'm using it on an HCigar HB40 temp control at 490F with 35w

I'm not sure what your question is. If it is going through 2 coils in 3 weeks, I understand that nickel coils don't last long. The guys at my local shop say the get 3 or 4 days max out of their coils.

msass90

Jun 28, 2015
I'm not sure what your question is. If it is going through 2 coils in 3 weeks, I understand that nickel coils don't last long. The guys at my local shop say the get 3 or 4 days max out of their coils.

Thats interesting bc the guy who sold this stuff to me said i should get 5 weeks out of one coil. I guess he lied?

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
coil mileage is going to depend on a number of things... amount of usage, wattage you vape at, the ejuice you are using - all can affect coil life... i have seen some members posting about soaking/ cleaning coils to get some extra mileage...

kanger sub coils can also be rebuilt (there are a number of vids on youtube about it) without too much difficulty, if you are interested in doing that (actually was putzing around with learning to rebuild those yesterday - set up a 1.2ohm vertical for the lady wife and a .7ohm vertical for myself)...

also, the rba option is a decent one - not too hard to burn off coil/ re-wick or simply replace coil (have found packs of 20 pre-built kanger coils for the rba in 1.0 ohm and .5 ohm options that come with japanese cotton for under $10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread