Kanger t3 durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I've had problems with every clearomizer I've tried. They all seem to fall apart after a couple weeks. It sucks reaching in your pocket only to find a broken clearo with juice everywhere. Just last night I had an iClear tank break of the base. I haven't tried the Kanger t3 yet. How does it hold up from your experience.

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
Tough as in Vivi Nova tough? Not the mini Nova. I've had two of those and they have broken as well. It seems as though any clearo that has press fittings tend to break. The vivi nova has no press fitting and have lasted me for months.

i have vivis and mini vivis and dont use them at all anymore. when i used to carry them in my pockets they would unscrew and leak. i have even had some unscrew and mess up the threading. i have had to purchase new tanks because of that. t3s go in my pockets without worry or hassle. i really dont consider a vivi tough. you should buy a couple just to get an idea or join a coop for a few.

Trainguy059

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Indiana
Wow, that's a bummer. I've crash tested a couple of T3s mounted on batteries and got lucky with no catastrophic failures. Did your mishap crack the plastic or did it break the plastic tube free from the collar? If the latter, I'd clean it well with IA and try to super glue it back together. If the former, I'm afraid you're probably SOL but I'd still try and fill any fractures with super glue. Might work?

I just dropped a brand new T3 into a tile floor. It broke where the tube meets the knurled fitting.

It was a juice-catastrophe....

Typed on my mobile. Please excuse typos.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
I love my T3s and they're really durable: real solid pieces that I throw into pockets or purses or backpacks all the time without any problemos.

The problem I encountered was filling one with some newly received amaretto juice and that caused it to crack at the base and make a big deliciously smelling mess. Luckily I had it sitting on a table upright, since I had just filled it and was waiting for it to soak up the juice. After that I read the enclosed packing slip that informed me not to use amaretto juice (as well as citrus and some other juices) in plastic tanks. Sigh. Good thing I bought 5 T3s in a co-op, so I didn't weep at the loss.

I'm dubious about those metal T3s since they still have a clear window, which I assume is of the same material as the original clear T3s.

I want to enjoy my amaretto juice but I don't know how. I don't like cartomizers with fiber filling because either the juice I have is too thick for the small hole and I don't have a cartomizer punch, or I worry about burning the filling since I've done that before and that made me sad. I also don't like the bulkiness of any of the tanks I've had, which is why I like the compact streamlined design of the T3.

I've etched/clouded up other clearomizers (I guess they're some sort of CE something or others, top coils), and those aren't "rebuildable" like the T3s or ViVi Novas and such. I haven't clouded up my T3s yet, and I've used them far more.

I like the clearomizers that came with my iTaste, they're called Tidy Clearomizers or something, though these Tidy Clearomizers seem like they make dark juices taste burnt. I'm scared to try my amaretto and other new citrus juices in these Tidy's for fear of another amaretto disaster, but I really want to enjoy my new juices and I'm not looking forward to a vaping spending spree.

What do I use to vape juices that almost instantly break T3s? I'd like to be able to see the juice. I like the ease of T3s with their replaceable atomizers and great taste and vapor production.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
As a Trucker, I need durability. I like the T3 as it seems to hold up well. I rebuild mine with cotton wicks instead of silica as I think it tastes a little smoother. Each bottom coil gets rebuilt after a tankful. After two months of this the drawtube seal is begining to stretch out of form and I've had one heating coil fail, out of ten coils. Before I got a lanyard mine fell out of shirt pocket several times, usually on concrete or asphault. Never had one crack. But then I prefer sweet and tobacco vapes, don't do much citrus or cinnamin.

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
The best thing to use for vaping tank cracking juices is a glass tank with a cartomizer inside.

IBTanked has good prices. Phiniac has nice designs.

The Phiniac tank is very durable and there are videos on the Phiniac site of a guy throwing it against a wall and landing on a concrete floor. The tank isn't damaged or scratched at all.

Typed on my mobile. Please excuse typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread