Kanger T3 vs Vivi Nova Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchouli

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
Okay so I've been smoking a 510 for around a month now and looking to upgrade my PV to something more spectacular. Been looking at clearomizers and these two have stood out among a couple others as being quality stuff. Now the kanger is a bottom feed and the Vivi is a top feed. What's the difference in how these two work and how does the vapor differ between the two? Also some tips on maintenance and general tips would be appreciated.

Planning to buy 2 ego twist bats, a 2 amp 5 volt adapter, an ego specific usb cable, and a couple of clearomizers. Possibly a VV passthrough too. Anything else y'all would recommend?

Amylee

Moved On
Oct 9, 2012
TW
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I have to admit that I have not tried the krager T3. But I do see a problem if you want to clean the atty and reuse it. It's sealed like an Ego C type atty and you can not see it to do a good dry burn. On the VIVI Nova 2.5. when you wash it out (however you do it) you remove the little silicone tip on the atty and you put it on the vivi and crank down the voltage and do dry burns until you can see individual coils. Then just blow it out with a air from a compressor or canned air. Or you can rewash it. I have on Vivi atty that has done that 2 time now and is on it's third tank full. I use sweet and thick juice so I get a bit of a build up and I have been able to reuse it. Plus I will be rebuilding them as soon as i get my wicks in.
As always this is my opinion based on my experience other may have a dif experience.
Hope this help.
Good luck what ever the choice.

godzilla93

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Brooklyn
I love(d) the vivi novas. Especially the fact that they are easily rebuildable. I would rebuild them using short cotton wicks, and be very happy with the vape. That being said, I now vape more and more on the T3: the flavor is, IMO, much cleaner than with the vivi, and it doesn't burn your lips (i.e., bottom coil). Of course there is the issue of cost, since the vivi nova virtually costs nothing if you build your own coils (which is really easy to do). I'll have to wait and see, but I've been using the same T3 coil for almost two weeks now, without any decrease in flavor, so it seems a pretty good deal so far. Again, the flavor is amazing, comparable to the C3, with larger capacity and without the need for a syringe...

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
eazy--- vivi nova!!!! the kanga t3 can work really good. i purchaced 2 of them with 10 replacement coils... out of 10 only 6 worked, 3 crapped out after a few puff-the other got burnt hits all the time..the rest got nast dry hits every few puffs.. using 60pg 40vg liquid so its not too thick.. the one that worked were awesome but i reckon they are faulty... wick not long enough...

KANGAROOSTER

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Los Angeles
I loved my T2s at first, but both of them would randomly leak juice out of the bottom connection into my twists. I've never had that problem once with my vivi novas. I'm not even going to give the T3s a chance because of this. The novas (mini and full size) have been very reliable. Plus they're rebuildable, if you ever get into that.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I'm digging the T3 after two days -- good flavor and above-average vapor. Two things to keep in mind are that the vape is cooler since it's bottom-coil and the tip has a very large opening, making it a magnet for pocket lint, purse gunk, etc. I only bought two, but I could see myself buying these again in the future. However, I was alarmed by mad maori's post in this thread. I wonder if Kanger is having quality control issues with these. That's making me want to wait it out and read more reports before picking up more.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
first off i read something about a dry burn: dry burning is one of THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO. so stop that....second, the vivi is infinitely easier to rebuild, and will give you a warmer vape because it is a top coil, the kangar t3 is a bottom coil and has a slightly cooler vape, and is harder to rebuild, and is also slightly more expesive...my personal opinion? the vivi if you're wanting to break into rebuildables, kangar if you've rebuild the vivi a few times and looking for a newer, better rebuildable vape without dropping the cash for a genesis or GG type rebuildable atty.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
first off i read something about a dry burn: dry burning is one of THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN DO. so stop that....second, the vivi is infinitely easier to rebuild, and will give you a warmer vape because it is a top coil, the kangar t3 is a bottom coil and has a slightly cooler vape, and is harder to rebuild, and is also slightly more expesive...my personal opinion? the vivi if you're wanting to break into rebuildables, kangar if you've rebuild the vivi a few times and looking for a newer, better rebuildable vape without dropping the cash for a genesis or GG type rebuildable atty.

I rinse, dry burn and rinse my Vivi Novas (standard and minis) after every two to three fills. All four are happily chugging along over a month later.

I've seen a few comments that the Kanger T3's have better taste than the Vivi Novas. I personally, have not found that to be the case. Also, I'm not a fan of the slightly cooler vape.

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
I find it hard to chain vape a T3. Gets burnt tasting after a few hits. I don't have that issue on a Vivi as long as I do the swirly thing, which fits in naturally with the motion I'm already using while vaping.

Taking a pull without firing every few hits on the T3 seems to cut down on the T3, but I have to actually be thinking about that actively which I'm not fond of.

I also find I have trouble sometimes getting contact with the battery on a T3. I'm always fiddling with the pin and battery contacts to get it to work.

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe

Just wondering why is dry burning bad? I've been taking everything apart, drying them the best I can, put it back to together and lightly keep burning (pulsing the power) until the coils turn red, then stop. I try to keep the volts low when I do it. Am i just shortening the life of the coil or something?

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
In my mind and experience dry burning is a very good way to clean the coil, as long as you use lowish voltages, and make sure you don't let the coil get too bright. 1s pulses with 3.7V seems to on the safe side with a 1.8 ohm coil.

I got my T3's today. Taking them apart immediately (that's how I am) revealed that the wick is very easy to change, even easier than on the Vivi Nova. Don't know about recoiling though. The coils in the two that I opened were not very consistently made, and I wouldn't be surprised if some came too crooked and the coil would short. I straightened them with a needle, and they are firing just fine.

Bottom coil as a system is very challenging because of the various thicknesses of different juices. I'm vaping 70/30 VG/PG, but I do dilute the VG with 10% of distilled water, so I'd think it is pretty much comparable with a 70/30 PG/VG. Wicks okay, but it's not a fog machine any more than a Vivi Nova, Kanger carto, or the Phoenix RB eGo Tank.

Bamboo wicks do not seem to work at all with T3. They wick way too well, and will flood the coil and leak, even if the wick is so tight at the casing that it will give dry hits. Bit disappointed because of that. Although, the factory setup does taste quite a bit better than the burning grommet on the Vivi Nova.

All in all, I'd say the T3 is comparable to Vivi Nova (Mini). T2 not so much. Vivi Nova might give a tinkerer more playground, but for the plain users, T3 might be better. At 8cm it is the tallest ato/clearo I've seen. Looking at the design I'd say they could've done 6cm easily. A mini version with 1.5ml tank could measure 4.3cm. I would've definitely gone with those instead. I might end up sawing 1cm from the mouthpiece, as I don't see how it would disturb the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread