Kanger Topbox mini authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneeill

May 24, 2016
I just recieved the Kanger topbox in the mail. I checked the QR code and it seems to check out although it had been queried in the past 6 times.

My issue seems to be with the holographic sticker. It is off center.

Can anyone tell me if this is indeed authentic?

Attachments

• IMG_1574 (1).JPG
    IMG_1574 (1).JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 41

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Hello @daneeill. Welcome to ECF!

My issue seems to be with the holographic sticker. It is off center.

I really wouldn't worry about it being off centre. Infact I dont think I've ever had a kanger product with a straight or centered sticker.

I think they just throw them on and think nothing more about it,lol.

QR codes and websites can be odd at times but if it has checked out once as ok I'd be inclined to take it as authentic, else it would have kept on showing as fake

daneeill

May 24, 2016
Hello @daneeill. Welcome to ECF!

I really wouldn't worry about it being off centre. Infact I dont think I've ever had a kanger product with a straight or centered sticker.

I think they just throw them on and think nothing more about it,lol.

QR codes and websites can be odd at times but if it has checked out once as ok I'd be inclined to take it as authentic, else it would have kept on showing as fake

Thank you for your reply. Isn't it possible for people to fake (duplicate) the QR code on the box? I am afraid to open it in case this is indeed a fake so that I can return it.

daneeill

May 24, 2016
Just checked one of mine that I have... The sticker is off center with mine as well. Checked with the website and mines good.

Thank you for your reply. When you checked with the website, did it happen to mention that the code had been queried before? Mine said that it had been queried 5 times.

I am worried that maybe the code has been duplicated.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thank you for your reply. When you checked with the website, did it happen to mention that the code had been queried before? Mine said that it had been queried 5 times.

I am worried that maybe the code has been duplicated.
If it's been queried 5 times I would be concerned as well. Mine didn't show any other querys.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Thank you for your reply. Isn't it possible for people to fake (duplicate) the QR code on the box? I am afraid to open it in case this is indeed a fake so that I can return it.

It is possible for people to fake QR's, yes. It maybe other people (eg,the person who suppled you), to have already checked it but saying that 5 other times would be a long supply chain...hmmm.

I would say hold on to it for a few days and check again to see if then number has risen higher than 7 (6 times upto now and the extra one on a new check...I think..)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
When I first checked the code it was at 5. I checked a few more times since then which would explain the increase in numbers.
I only checked yours because you asked if mine had any other query and I was not sure what I was looking for. Mine did not have what yours showed. Just wanted to be sure I was looking in the correct spot.

daneeill

May 24, 2016
I only checked yours because you asked if mine had any other query and I was not sure what I was looking for. Mine did not have what yours showed. Just wanted to be sure I was looking in the correct spot.

Oh no I completely understand. Thank you for your help.

I am just stressing out on if I should return it or open it/try it since I have been waiting for this to arrive in the mail for a week.

daneeill

May 24, 2016
If my memory serves me correct, fake codes come up has having been entered hundreds, maybe thousands of times. A few checks might be normal for every step of the journey.

Thank you for your reply. Does the picture that I attached of the code that was on the box look strange or different to you? A few people told me that it looks photocopied but I have no idea.

daneeill

May 24, 2016
I've looked at your pic again and compared it to my dripbox labels (two of them), @daneeill, and yours looks identical to mine even down to the cuts in the QR box to stop it being peeled off.

Dont know if this is any help but thought I'd share it with you.

That is great to hear. So I can assume this is authentic?

Thank you so much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread