KangerTech EMow

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
I recently purchased the tank only (not the complete kit) because I wanted one with a stainless steel enclosure for durability/protection. The built-in airflow control is an added bonus which works well. After three weeks of daily use, the tank performs great. However, the primary reason I'm posting this review is because I want to mention that I've had to add a 510/eGo adapter onto the tank in order for it to work on any of my mods (Innokin iTaste MVP2, Innokin iTaste VV 3.0, EVOD Twist VV, e-Go-C Twist) because it seems the eGo base on the tank is slightly too long when screwed onto any of my mods and prevents the coil from making a connection with the battery pin. I don't think the base on the tank is defective/irregular or not-made-to-spec, and I've tried the original stock dual coil out of the box as well as a rebuilt single coil, but I've had no other issues using any of my other Kanger/Innokin/Kayfun tanks on any of my mods - so I just wanted to post this review and mention this so that others can comment on their experience with this tank when used with a mod other than the one included in the kit.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I've had mine for a week or so and haven't had any problems yet. This one is sturdy and well machined. It comes apart easy and is easy to clean and dry to get it back into action fast. It's survived a couple falls and doesn't even have a scratch on it. It holds the perfect amount of fluid for me as well. The airflow is great and i'm getting pretty decent vapor production. My only complaint really is more at kanger's dual coils. I find they pop a lot, which is a weird sensation but you get used to it. Great full flavor too.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Thanks for your input Maiar. Yes I'm enjoying this tank as well. It seems the pins on my mods were pushed down somewhat because I just received my new Vision Spinner VV battery and it works without having to use an adapter. On my other mods it looks like I'll need to try raising the connector pins since it seems they've all been pushed down due to frequent use over time.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
I bought the kit. The kit with the battery makes you think the tank sucks. But it's actually the battery. I threw this on my Istick and also my aspire cfvv and was taken back by the difference.

Yeah the battery can certainly make a big difference in vape quality - especially since the one in the kit offers only 3 settings. My EMOW tank is still in my daily rotation and I'm more than satisfied with it. The stainless steel enclosure offers great protection...one of the reasons why I purchased it. Hope you're enjoying yours.

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
yeah, even though I've moved over to an istick and have my emow listed in the classifieds, I still love it, it's a solid performer. I liked it when I got it, but started enjoying it a lot more when I started using 1.8ohm coils. I did find that the emow tank worked a little better on the istick than the standard kanger battery, but only with certain flavors. Other flavors worked great on the emow complete set up. Some liquids are too thick for the emow coils, and ended up burning on the istick with the higher/inconsistent voltage.

Last edited:

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
I did find that the emow didn't make complete contact with the istick using the threaded adapter... I think that the threaded adapter could be a hair longer to be more useful. I just pulled the center pin of the istick up a bit to compensate. never had a problem with the emow battery itself, since it has a nice spring loaded pin. The new istick 30 has that too, and has eliminated any problems I had with the emow pin not being long enough.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I wouldn't try to pull up the in on your mods. I would try to pull out the pin on the tank coil instead. With Kanger tanks and coils sometimes if you screw the tank down too far on your battery/mod the pin on the battery/mod will push the pin up on the bottom of the coil. If you remove and re-install the tank, the pin may no longer make contact with the battery.

So, just remove the coil from your tank and pull on the little center pin where the coil notmally contacts the battery. Just wiggle it a bit and pull lightly with your fingernails or a small pair of pliers. Just enough to lengthen the pin below the insulator. You don't have to move it much.

Gowanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
when using the adapter, it doesn't matter where the kanger coil sits... because the adapter isn't making contact with the istick. it's a common problem with istick because once you use a tank with a longer pin than the adapter, like my ego one tanks, the pin gets pushed into the istick just a little bit, and now it's not long enough to touch the adapter needed for the kanger tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread