Kangertech (KBox Mini) 75w TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... just a question... is there a limitation to this mod? or as long as it is firing and not reaching the battery amp limit it is safe?

I currently have griffin 25 attached to it...
8 wraps dual Kanthal clapton coil 26/32ga, 3mm ID...
reading at .52 ohms...
vaping at 45 watts...
4.8-5.0 volts...
battery, LG HG2 (20A, 3000mAh) – 18650 Battery

So my question is, what builds are dangerous to this mod?

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
Id like to believe it is safe. I cannot speak specifically to the kbox mini, but it must be a regulated mod, so it has specifications for min/max volts, amps, resistance, and watts for its chip. It can calculate with ohm's law and the "power" law, the volts and amps given the resistance of your coil, and the desired watts (with internal resistance, boosting, etc taken into account). So it will give you errors if somethings wrong. i.e. check atomizer, short, weak battery, ohms too high/low, etc. How well it does these things would be up to each chip provider.

Yes there are limitations. Just find the spec for the kbox mini, and it should tell you how low/high you can build/set watts. And maybe the spec for the battery. Nice thing about regulated mods is you don't really have to know all this unless you want to. But if you use wattage mode you probably want to look at a chart for power (google - vape power chart) and know the ohm's law for amp draw, so you can target your builds to meet your personal requirements. Then Steam Engine main page for how your build will get there. Or reverse that. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread