kangertech SS coil with red seal, for TC or Wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
clicking the imgur watermark worked for me. ill re upload and see if it fixes it.

Got it. That took me to the pic. Yeah, does not look like TC at all. Here's a pic of an authentic SSOCC, close up so you can see what the marking looks like:

kangertech-ssocc-clapton-coil-0.5ohm-close-up.jpg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Authentic ssocc heads;
Red o rings = NiCr - watt mode only
Blue o rings = Ni - Tc Ni mode only
Black o rings = Clapton coil kanthal - watt mode only
Pink o rings = SS - Tc ss or watt mode, head marked sus316.

If you're using clone / counterfeit heads there is no uniformity in o ring color.

RSGBlackout

Jul 31, 2017
Got it. That took me to the pic. Yeah, does not look like TC at all. Here's a pic of an authentic SSOCC, close up so you can see what the marking looks like:

kangertech-ssocc-clapton-coil-0.5ohm-close-up.jpg
yea, im pretty sure the replacement ones i got are fakes. oh well. i should have guessed when the price was 5 bucks for a pack. ill guess ill just use the rba for the time being.

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Authentic ssocc heads;
Red o rings = NiCr - watt mode only
Blue o rings = Ni - Tc Ni mode only
Black o rings = Clapton coil kanthal - watt mode only
Pink o rings = SS - Tc ss or watt mode, head marked sus316.

If you're using clone / counterfeit heads there is no uniformity in o ring color.

Right. I think what he has is a clone of the kanthal Clapton coil atomizer.

Reactions: RSGBlackout

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
yea, im pretty sure the replacement ones i got are fakes. oh well. i should have guessed when the price was 5 bucks for a pack. ill guess ill just use the rba for the time being.

I don't like FT because they take forever, but if you want to use them just assume that you are getting clones/fakes unless "authentic" is in the title.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
yea, im pretty sure the replacement ones i got are fakes. oh well. i should have guessed when the price was 5 bucks for a pack. ill guess ill just use the RBA for the time being.
If you order from FT again, be sure it says "authentic" in the title. Anything that doesn't have that or says "styled" are clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread