Kangertech Subox Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleanthis Kyrou

Jan 26, 2015
Sheffield
I recently bought the kanger subox mini (2 months ago) and I started facing some problems which really annoy me.

First of all am running 0.5-0.8 ohm coils on 16 W and am using the rba.
Anyway the main and most crucial problem is that very often my tank will leak massively from the air holes. Very often I wake up to find my tank completely empty. Another problem is that the paint started to wears off. Both problem make my hands all dirty whenever I get my hands on the e cig.

Did anyone faced the same problems as me? And if you did how did you got over them?

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
If the liquid level gets too low it can leak from lack of vacuum. Try to keep it above the top of the RBA. 16w doesn't sound like enough for that low a coil. I run about 18w on a 1.2 coil and 22w on a .7 coil and I don't think that is as high as some people do.

I've had mine since Oct-Nov and haven't had paint chipping yet but have seen pictures of other ones that do.

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
what i would suggest is check for the o-rings if they have breaks, or if the places where the o-rings should be placed have dents ... or if the o-rings themselves are present!

about the paint, kanger tanks usually have paint inside and outside the tanks ... i hope your problem is just on the outside

Reactions: FringeChief68

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
There is another thread on here explaining this (can't find it) but this method works for me everytime
and with thicker juices too :D

you basically gotta wick it with enough cotton (4 even 5 millimeters, to get some resistance when putting it in the coil)
then get the top on, slide the pointed cotton in the holes (this will align the fibers nicely) and cut off
the excess leaving maybe 2mm outside.

It's really easy and worked for me.

OR

You might have to change your O-Rings, they could be defective.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If the liquid level gets too low it can leak from lack of vacuum. Try to keep it above the top of the RBA. 16w doesn't sound like enough for that low a coil. I run about 18w on a 1.2 coil and 22w on a .7 coil and I don't think that is as high as some people do.

I've had mine since Oct-Nov and haven't had paint chipping yet but have seen pictures of other ones that do.

On my Ohmega Nano; I am vaping a .8 ohm coil at 9 watts and it is working great for me.

Wherever a person funds a satisfying vape that is what works for them

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
@Kleanthis Kyrou Hi and welcome to ECF. I have a Subox Mini as well. It helped me quit cigarettes so it has a place in my heart. It's a good little kit.

I did encounter some 'minor' issues with leaking during my first few weeks, but after perfecting my wicking method it stopped leaking. With regard to your paint issue, IDK about that as it didn't happen to me. Did you check your 'scratch n sniff' to see if your kit was authentic?

@PaulBHC @Two_Bears Oh my, I'm vaping a 0.4 oHm dual coil at 29 watts, 3mg nic. Last time it was on the same build at 27 watts 12mg nic.. :unsure:

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
20160221_205936-2-jpg.533392

Notice how the coil opening is centered on the screws. This is a 2.5mm ID that seems to be the sweet spot.
20160221_210202-2-jpg.533393

Plenty of cotton running through the coil enough for gradual resistance but not enough that your cotton is pulling apart as your pulling it through the coil.
20160221_210254-2-jpg.533394

Tails go up through the coil housing like bunny ears and then the housing is slid over them and secured.
20160221_210327-2-jpg.533395

I then pull them to the side and trim leaving approximately an 1/8 inch tail left on each side.
20160221_210444-2-jpg.533396

Using a small flat head or equivalent i gently poke the tails down on each side no stuffing them tightly but ensuring that it touches the bottom of the build deck. I also inspect and make sure that none of the cotton is wildly poking down the air hole under the coil. this will cause leaking.
20160221_210502-2-jpg.533397

As you turn the housing on its side you should be able to see just enough poof of cotton poking out of the juice channel holes. This means you have enough cotton in your device.
20160221_210655-2-jpg.533398

The only way you can shut the air off on the top tank mini is in between the small hole and medium hole...there is no true "all the way off" setting so you will just have to play with it.
20160221_210816-2-jpg.533399

Ensure you leave your slight air bubble at the top for proper juice flow then close the top and open your afc back up. You should have no issues with leaking if these steps are followed. Leave the tank on its side for a prolonged period of time and you may have flooding and gurgling issues but still should not have leaking...i tend to go to sleep with my Mod and Subtank mini....I place it on its side right before i go to sleep and havent had a leak yet in over 3 months

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello and Welcome to ECF :)

Since so many already gave answers on your leaking problem I will try to help on the paint.
Is the paint coming off where your juice touched it?
If it is, what kind of juice is it?
I only seen one juice take the paint off a mod and it was a cinnamon flavored juice.
I personally won't vape anything with cinnamon flavoring, I heard to many bad things about it Plus, there's flavoring out there that taste just like it so it's not worth the risk to me.
But no matter what kind it is, if the juice is strong enough to use as a paint stripper, do you really want to suck it in your body :laugh:

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Hello and Welcome to ECF :)

I only seen one juice take the paint off a mod and it was a cinnamon flavored juice.

I vape 15ml's a day of cinnamon danish e-juice via my authentic black Subtank Mini
and have had zero paint issues after months of use (70vg/30pg).

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Paint comes off mods. Kanger are not the best for smothering their mods with nasty/cheap paint. One of their worst features.
As for leaking overnight, you should get in the habit of taking off your atomizer and turning it upside down if things are that bad.
It's almost certainly your RBA build though, or tragically thin e-liquid. :)

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
I vape 15ml's a day of cinnamon danish e-juice via my authentic black Subtank Mini
and have had zero paint issues after months of use (70vg/30pg).

I haven't had any problems with my black subtank mini either and I also vape some cinnamon danish. I've only heard that the paint chips on the mod. I have a black silicon sleeve on mine to avoid wear and tear.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread