kangertech subtank mini won't work on others mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
I apologize but I find your question... weird - and difficult to comprehend. Could you please be more clear?

I have a Subtank Mini - that came in the Subox White Edition kit - and I have NEVER used the pre-built coils, but ONLY the RDA with 0.5 (half :D) Ohm coils. It's wonderful! And it is seen both by the Kanger mod and by an 20 W iStick.

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
From your description I equally understand the following:

- the RBA plus (the new version using the screw to keep the "cylinder" in place) won't work on other tanks but only on your Subtank mini;
- you won't be using your Subtank Mini with the OCC coils that come from Kanger.

Am I correct or not?

Now I'm grateful to my Literature and foreign languages teachers who kept asking us "What did the author want to say?!?" when we were all 'Why do you ask US?! Ask HIM!!!!"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not mocking you, my friend, but unfortunately your choice of words doesn't make things comprehensible - at least to me. Many thanks for your efforts in trying to make yourself understood! :thumb:

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
Re-reading your first post, it seems like there's a problem with the Subtank Mini (you stated that the Subtank Plus is just fine, but if you try to use it in the Subtank Mini it's not seen by the mods). Did you try to use some kind of measuring device (an ohm-meter or continuity meter comes to mind) to check it with the RBA mounted?

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
If you push the pin out, then perhaps when you're screwing the Subtank in the mod it is not pushed back all the way so it makes contact with the RDA base. You could also compare the distance between the contact base and the sealing ring on the bottom thread across the 2 elements - RDA vs. pre-built coil.

From the symptoms that you've described it looks like your Subtank Mini base has some issues...

RideTheJet

Sep 8, 2015
Boulder, CO
My SubTank Mini that I got in a Subox Mini Starter Kit won't register on a different mod I have either (I only have two, so can't compare beyond that). I believe this is because the Subtank Mini that comes with the Starter Kit does not have a spring loaded 510 connection, and thus does not make full contact with some mods. I don't believe there is anything you can do about this, unfortunately.

If you have the money to spend on another mod and don't want to use the Kbox Mini (maybe you want to go for higher wattage?) you could go into a B&M store and see if it registers on a mod there before buying to make sure it will work.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread