Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
Is there 2 versions(revisions) of the Subtank Mini?

I have an older version(bought when initially released) that has one air slot in the rotating ring....
my buddy bought one 2 days ago at a vape shop and his has 2 slightly smaller slots in the rotating ring....

just making sure either one is not a clone.

thanks

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Is there 2 versions(revisions) of the Subtank Mini?

I have an older version(bought when initially released) that has one air slot in the rotating ring....
my buddy bought one 2 days ago at a vape shop and his has 2 slightly smaller slots in the rotating ring....

just making sure either one is not a clone.

thanks
There are two different versions. The one with one slot in the ring is the older one.

Reactions: blacklung

bekka

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Has anyone had to deal with Kanger C/S for any problems, and if so, how are they to deal with?
I have had to deal with them recently to fix my leaking Subtank Mini. I tried everything and it would not stop leaking so I finally contacted Kanger and followed the directions on their website for warranty returns. When you return something to them make sure you use tracking! I gave them a few days after they received the tank and then started emailing them.....asking about it....what was wrong with it, etc. They kind of started ignoring me so I contacted my dealer and he emailed them and they sent my tank out the same day!

Overall they can be a little slow and unresponsive but I think if you keep after them they will eventually follow thru.

AC2DC

Jan 17, 2011
Socal
Hi all, i've just purchased an Istick 30W and the the STmini. I also purchase this coil building kit:
Premium Rebuildable Atomizer Tool Kit RDA RBA Kuro Coil Jig Set Ohm Meter | eBay along with some Japanese OC and 26/30 gauge temco kanthal wires. Plan are to start with the single coil using the 26 awg to get the hang of things and 30 awg for twisted single coils.

I'm a MTL hitter and prefer a warm (not hot :)) vape. The kit comes with 1-3.5mm posts (increments of .5mm). What resistance should i aim for and what post size to use? Thanks in advance!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hi all, i've just purchased an Istick 30W and the the STmini. I also purchase this coil building kit:
Premium Rebuildable Atomizer Tool Kit RDA RBA Kuro Coil Jig Set Ohm Meter | eBay along with some Japanese OC and 26/30 gauge temco kanthal wires. Plan are to start with the single coil using the 26 awg to get the hang of things and 30 awg for twisted single coils.

I'm a MTL hitter and prefer a warm (not hot :)) vape. The kit comes with 1-3.5mm posts (increments of .5mm). What resistance should i aim for and what post size to use? Thanks in advance!
Warm but not hot.... I'd try for .7 ohm or so, my preference of ID is 3mm on the sub tanks

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Just out of curio @AC2DC which of the factory coils did you like the .5 or 1.2Ω?

Take a look at the presets on steam-engine.com's Mod Range webpp...Mod range | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators for your iStick. And the...Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators will give you a better handle on what to expect from your wind's resistance.

Good luck.

:)

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Great info in this thread thanks for the tips from everyone. Using a 7/64 bit with twisted 28 kanthal at 5 wraps for .8 ohm on the rba and working real well. USM suggested a 3mm bit to make both occ and rba coils but damn l cant find one anywhere so thinking I'll order a couple before I attempt an occ build. Unless you guys think a 7/64 bit will work for the occ then I'll give it a shot.

Really enjoy this tank and want to get another one. That black and red one being released june 10'th looks sweeet I sure hope they sell them seperately from the subox kit.

I know nobody has probabaly used one yet but what does everyone think of the new rba design? Looks similar to the occ wicking style with those big holes in the side. Wonder how they will perform.

Eta my initial thought idk if I like the new rba. It will probably be better for max vg jjuice I suppose but that does not concern me. I really like how well the current rba works. One of the reasons I like it more than the occ is juice channels are at the very bottom so you can vape to damn near empty. Idk if the new rba has juice channels at the bottom also (I doubt it) but if not thats a big con for me. If these new rbas are going to be replacing the current ones I'm likely gonna buy at least 4 spares of the current style in case I cannot get them in the future.

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles

Just received some of these, and they work great, and look pretty cool!

It simply goes on top of your existing Kanger Sub Mini (or Pro, I believe) base!

NO leaks, and it's actually much simpler then the original tank!

If anyone is interested, I have a few I want to get rid of... pm me.

IMAG0284.jpg IMAG0283.jpg

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Great info in this thread thanks for the tips from everyone. Using a 7/64 bit with twisted 28 kanthal at 5 wraps for .8 ohm on the rba and working real well. USM suggested a 3mm bit to make both occ and rba coils but damn l cant find one anywhere so thinking I'll order a couple before I attempt an occ build. Unless you guys think a 7/64 bit will work for the occ then I'll give it a shot.

Really enjoy this tank and want to get another one. That black and red one being released june 10'th looks sweeet I sure hope they sell them seperately from the subox kit.

I know nobody has probabaly used one yet but what does everyone think of the new rba design? Looks similar to the occ wicking style with those big holes in the side. Wonder how they will perform.

Eta my initial thought idk if I like the new rba. It will probably be better for max vg jjuice I suppose but that does not concern me. I really like how well the current rba works. One of the reasons I like it more than the occ is juice channels are at the very bottom so you can vape to damn near empty. Idk if the new rba has juice channels at the bottom also (I doubt it) but if not thats a big con for me. If these new rbas are going to be replacing the current ones I'm likely gonna buy at least 4 spares of the current style in case I cannot get them in the future.
Anything smaller then 3mm will work (that's the largest that will fit through the wick holes). The larger ID does help with wicking when using high vg liquid, but I recently tried a 2.5mm and it worked fine. But yes, I prefer a 3mm.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Anything smaller then 3mm will work (that's the largest that will fit through the wick holes). The larger ID does help with wicking when using high vg liquid, but I recently tried a 2.5mm and it worked fine. But yes, I prefer a 3mm.
Sweet thanks for the info I'm gonna give the 7/64 on the occ a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread