Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I love the Sally's rayon. I've tried going back to the cotton a couple times just to compare, and end up taking it out, and rewicking with the rayon. Rayon is a little more forgiving than cotton for dry hits, and it wicks just as good, if not a little better than cotton.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I dont think I will have to worry about dry hits any more, at least not on my kangers. Last night I was watching TV and my vape kept getting cooler and cooler. Looked at the battery charge for that will happen as the batteries are about dead but they was good. Went to a light and looked and the tank was absolutely empty. Not one single nasty dry hit from it because of the temp control. Filled the tank up without bothering to soak the wick, went back to the TV and vaped on. I also believe the batteries will last a lot longer now. My coils are .05 ohms and are firing at 1.5 volts versus another tank thats not temp control with a .6 ohm coil vaped at 20 watts and 3.5 volts.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I love the Sally's rayon. I've tried going back to the cotton a couple times just to compare, and end up taking it out, and rewicking with the rayon. Rayon is a little more forgiving than cotton for dry hits, and it wicks just as good, if not a little better than cotton.
when u say cotton what kind do u mean.
for me japanese organic cotton is as good as rayon as i use both, i like either.
how much(thickness in diameter) used is important for either, for me the thicker the better(for each) but the thicker i use the more i thin the ends/tails.
but i never used reg cotton.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The Rayon I have I bought as vaping Rayon. It is a rope but not braided or anything and definitely not knitting Rayon.

I mixed up some juice last night and tried a tank of it today in the STM that didnt have the holes drilled in it. Dont know how but the calculator I used for mixing was set on max VG instead of 80/20. Needless to say the kanger did not like it and wasnt feeding well at all. I had it on temp control and after sitting a bit the first draw off it was good, then it started getting cooler and cooler with less vaper. So I took it apart and drilled the holes in the coil housing. Now it is feeding great. Vaping 50/50 VG/PG shouldnt need any modding of the RBA deck at all but anything higher I dont see it working well without being modded.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
when u say cotton what kind do u mean.
for me japanese organic cotton is as good as rayon as i use both, i like either.
how much(thickness in diameter) used is important for either, for me the thicker the better(for each) but the thicker i use the more i thin the ends/tails.
but i never used reg cotton.

Not long ago I received an order of flavors and they included some Japanese cotton with the order so I gave it a try and noticed no difference at all between regular cotton, Japanese cotton or rayon. They all wick the same to me. I also like a thick wick but I only pinch one end enough to get it thru the coil and then fluff it up, trim it even with the edge of the RBA, put the chamber on it and then tuck the ends down in the sides. It wicks fine that way and i have no leaks when it lays on it side. If I go light/loose on the wick I will get a bit of leaking from it only when its laid down on its side. Standing up I have yet to see a leak even with a light wicking. So yes, thicker is better.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I quit wicking my KFLs when I got my first Nautilus.
I was using organic cotton balls from Walgreens and they were a PITA.
I had a box of KGD on the way ATT but never even opened it until recently.
I like the KGD because it's a simple snip to width instead of trying to get long fibers to lay straight from an unrolled, unruly ball of cotton.
They both work but my 80 sheets of KGD for ~$14 will last me a long time and it gives me no grief.
My unsolicited :2c:

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
c0a611b118e7ac1e4188f59f3f921717.jpg

Got a new bell cap from a local B&M. It's fantastic so far. Refreshes the look. Anyone knows if the new RBAs are sold separately?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got replacements glass for my subtank plus and 3 subtank minis from phiniac.com today, very happy as all 4 glasses only cost me just over $18 shipped.

Went with a blue skull engraving on the subtank plus which matches the blue oring perfect.
    dCVucVp.jpg

Just went for colored frosted on my 3 subtank mini's.
    ewz13hX.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Got replacements glass for my subtank plus and 3 subtank minis from phiniac.com today, very happy as all 4 glasses only cost me just over $18 shipped.

Went with a blue skull engraving on the subtank plus which matches the blue oring perfect.
    dCVucVp.jpg

ewz13hX.jpg
    Niiiiice! Me wannie.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    The Rayon I have I bought as vaping Rayon. It is a rope but not braided or anything and definitely not knitting Rayon.

I mixed up some juice last night and tried a tank of it today in the STM that didnt have the holes drilled in it. Dont know how but the calculator I used for mixing was set on max VG instead of 80/20. Needless to say the kanger did not like it and wasnt feeding well at all. I had it on temp control and after sitting a bit the first draw off it was good, then it started getting cooler and cooler with less vaper. So I took it apart and drilled the holes in the coil housing. Now it is feeding great. Vaping 50/50 VG/PG shouldnt need any modding of the RBA deck at all but anything higher I dont see it working well without being modded.

Rayon wicks a little better than kgd imo but only when each is wicked with perfect density. Joc is more fussy to get perfect than ccrayon but I use it (kgd) exclusively because I can taste CCRayon (cellucotton). Cotton Bacon is part ccrayon and part joc imo because I can taste a little ccrayon in it. Another good totally organic cotton that wicks very well is organic pima cotton. "Little bit o' heaven" is the pima cotton brand I've tried.... nice vape.

aldenf

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2014
    NYC, NJ, USA

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014

dCVucVp.jpg

ewz13hX.jpg

Very nice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread