Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Never found one I really liked because of how much ni200 it took to get the res up to workable levels with thicker more durable gauges. The smaller ga. wire is so flimsy that it's hard to wick heavy without distorting the coil. I'm pretty happy now with my Ti builds but plan on trying some twisted 30ga ni200 on my next build...I've heard that they are reasonably strong.

As I always wrap spaced coils for TC and I've found that work-hardening 32 or 30 gauge Ni200 before twisting provides a pretty stiff coil. Some are twisting Ni200 with KA1 to provide a stiffer coil. This works great but you do have to heat up the mass of the KA1 in the process, which requires more joules (less battery life).

Is anyone else here wrapping twisted Ni200 or Ti (with or without KA1)? How does it work on the VT?

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
As I always wrap spaced coils for TC and I've found that work-hardening 32 or 30 gauge Ni200 before twisting provides a pretty stiff coil. Some are twisting Ni200 with KA1 to provide a stiffer coil. This works great but you do have to heat up the mass of the KA1 in the process, which requires more joules (less battery life).

Is anyone else here wrapping twisted Ni200 or Ti (with or without KA1)? How does it work on the VT?

I use twisted 32awg NI200 and it works well. Not near as stiff as Kanthal but a lot nicer to rewick vs straight 28awg or 30awg NI200.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

I'll try work hardening the wire before twisting it up. Like you, all my coils are spaced these days. I have 32g ni200 on hand....what was your 32 twisted build and res?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Quick question for using the rda setup with the new subox mini kit. Was using the occ prebuilt coil and tried the rda with the factory coil and wicking with the included cotton. I am getting popping sounds. Is it not enough cotton or is it too much? Love the flavor running Space Jam juice at 3mg just don't like all the popping.

Try turning up the wattage. If the popping doesn't stop before going burny try using more cotton. If it still pops loudly try building your own coil on the rba.

Note: Higher pg juices pop more than higher vg juices.

Reactions: vjdossey

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I'll try work hardening the wire before twisting it up. Like you, all my coils are spaced these days. I have 32g ni200 on hand....what was your 32 twisted build and res?

Ni200, twisted 32g, 3mm⌀, 8 wraps, approximately .15Ω.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
When Fastech lists something as "authentic" I believe it is. Sometimes they will have a listing for say "protank" and then another for "authentic Kanger Protank" and it is just what it says

Triangle Vape seems like got in on a good early buy on the real thing...Subox 50W Kit - Kanger and still holding stock on these. How ya doin Chanel?

Good luck all.

:)

Reactions: aldenf

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
hey all. This thread is sooo big, I don't have the time to read through it. But I need to replace the rda. Everytime I go to fill my tank, and unscrew the bottom the top cap of the rda stays inside on the tank (no matter how tight I screw it on) Question is the new style rba plus combatable with the old? I can't find it in stock anywhere. Or should I just get the original and just mod the old style again, for better juice flow.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
hey all. This thread is sooo big, I don't have the time to read through it. But I need to replace the rda. Everytime I go to fill my tank, and unscrew the bottom the top cap of the rda stays inside on the tank (no matter how tight I screw it on) Question is the new style rba plus combatable with the old? I can't find it in stock anywhere. Or should I just get the original and just mod the old style again, for better juice flow.

Hi Sue, welcome. Are you putting a little juice on the oring inside the cap to act as a lubricant? That helps a lot but most peeps don't have issues with the caps unscrewing. Maybe there is something wrong with yours.

Personally I like the older style rba, the ones with juice channels and don't have any issues with running it at 30w all day with 75vg juice. Others like the newer style with the juice holes in the rba sleeve. As far as compatibility I believe that all the parts are interchangeable. For more opinions on new vs. old rbas there is a more active thread here:

New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox | Page 151 | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Sue1971

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Thanks for the reply cigatron, I found the new style plus on fasttech it was only about 3 bucks, and will ship tomorrow. I'm leary on the the two large juice holes in the side. Not sure if it's going to be a pia. to get the wicking correct.

I do like the original style too. but sometimes the bottom piece is a pia to screw off too. I did manage to finally figure out that running it under cold water first will shrink the metal and light force to unscrew. lol I did take a dremal and make the juice channels larger. I tend to chain vape and was getting to many dry hits.

On my next fill up I will try putting a bit of juice on the oring. I never had this problem when I first got the tank. I've used the RBA since day one.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Triangle Vape seems like got in on a good early buy on the real thing...Subox 50W Kit - Kanger and still holding stock on these. How ya doin Chanel?

Good luck all.

:)
Hi Mac
Guess we found Cig huh? I figured if he wouldn't hang out in the other thread anymore I would come to where he is!

Reactions: MacTechVpr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread