Status
Not open for further replies.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
A few months ago I picked up AN STM V1 and didn't like very much so passed it to a friend, gave it another shot with this V2...this one rocks with a .75 8 wrap 2.5mm Nichrome+Rayon build, and looks pretty sharp too.
8F42FF95-011F-41CD-9E43-AFF8E92778FC.jpg

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Man am I the only one who likes the V1 rba better? I never filed out the channels or anything and it wicks like a boss with 65 VG. Idk I like it better because you can get the juice level lower before refilling.

ETA : I just read a few posts back that they are getting rid of the V1 and going strictly V2. That's nuts! I gotta stock up. How many should I get? With proper care how long will an rba last? Think I'll buy atleast 5.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Man am I the only one who likes the V1 RBA better? I never filed out the channels or anything and it wicks like a boss with 65 VG. Idk I like it better because you can get the juice level lower before refilling.

ETA : I just read a few posts back that they are getting rid of the V1 and going strictly V2. That's nuts! I gotta stock up. How many should I get? With proper care how long will an RBA last? Think I'll buy atleast 5.

I have no problems with the V1 either, but I use 50/50 juice, so no wicking problems, I did dremel juice channels a little bigger, which meant I could put more power to them.

I thought about upgrading to the V2's, but decided against it, as the V1 works fine for me, so why change :)

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Man am I the only one who likes the V1 RBA better? I never filed out the channels or anything and it wicks like a boss with 65 VG. Idk I like it better because you can get the juice level lower before refilling.

ETA : I just read a few posts back that they are getting rid of the V1 and going strictly V2. That's nuts! I gotta stock up. How many should I get? With proper care how long will an RBA last? Think I'll buy atleast 5.

No probs with the V1 here either. 30w with 75vg all day long. I've already stocked up on the V1 rbas.

Hey Subtankers,
    I purchased a steel, Subtank Mini yesterday. The tank came with dual, air holes and an RBA deck without the drilled holes on the sides. I need your help. Is my device a V1 or V2? From what I've gathered so far, the V1 has a single airhole with ducts at the bottom of the RBA, while the V2 has dual air holes with holes drilled on the sides of the RBA.
    Lastly, is there a V3 out as well? If someone could shed some light on the difference in all the versions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

TruSound

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    Hey Subtankers,
    I purchased a steel, Subtank Mini yesterday. The tank came with dual, air holes and an RBA deck without the drilled holes on the sides. I need your help. Is my device a V1 or V2? From what I've gathered so far, the V1 has a single airhole with ducts at the bottom of the RBA, while the V2 has dual air holes with holes drilled on the sides of the RBA.
    Lastly, is there a V3 out as well? If someone could shed some light on the difference in all the versions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

No V3 I'm aware of. If you got a factory sealed box and the RBA base has the tiny juice inlets around the base you likely have a V1, as you likely know the V2 has a pretty big hole on either side for drastically improved wicking and the airflow configuration was improved on the V2 as well, I don't know the sizes but the V2 has 3 options, small round hole, slightly bigger round hole and the wide open oval.

TruSound

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    I may have exaggerated slightly, at least where airflow is concerned...I like a tighter draw and the V2 seems better, if you like an airy draw you may not experience a huge difference, as far as the wicking is concerned there is a drastic difference, there were many complaints of dry hits on the V1...obviously your wicking method and skills play a big part, that's all I can really tell you.

There's a number of YouTube videos I believe describing the differences, Google is your friend. You can buy a V2 from WakeAndVape.com for 28 bucks.

cigatron

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    I may have exaggerated slightly, at least where airflow is concerned...I like a tighter draw and the V2 seems better, if you like an airy draw you may not experience a huge difference, as far as the wicking is concerned there is a drastic difference, there were many complaints of dry hits on the V1...obviously your wicking method and skills play a big part, that's all I can really tell you.

There's a number of YouTube videos I believe describing the differences, Google is your friend. You can buy a V2 from WakeAndVape.com for 28 bucks.
    So you're tootle puffing at lower wattages, that's cool. I'm still looking for someone to tell me they're chain vaping a V2 rba at 50w with 65vg like I can with unmodified V1 rbas. I've got the V1 rba wicking down pretty good at this point but I'm always looking for something better. Thanks for the follow up.

Reactions: vjdossey

TruSound

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    I have no idea what a tootle puffer is, but if vaping 24mg strength juice on a .75 build at 24 watts/4.2 volts makes me one then I guess so...I like to feel like I'm smoking a cigarette and not just sucking wind and that's why I prefer RTA's with a tight draw for mouth to lung hits.

Reactions: David Wolf

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
    Oct 1, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    V1 for me. Then I widened the juice channels, oh my, hits like a champ
    Are you using a max vg? I use 65 VG and mine works really good without widening juice channels. I vape at 20-25 watts because I don't like too hot of a vape. I'm gonna buy 5 more V1's just to be on the safe side. Think I'm going to widen the juice channels on one just to see how it is. What did you do to widen your juice channels?

Hey Subtankers,
    I'm back with my official, first post and review of my Subtank Mini. As a brief introduction, I am a RBTA vaper. Prior to the Subtank, my device was a Kayfun Lite + on a Cloupor Mini. As much as I enjoyed the tight draw from my Kayfun, I wanted to dab in a tank with an open airflow.

Overall Impression:
    The Subtank Mini is phenomenal. Because of the the Subtank Mini, I created my first, subohm build. The vapor is dense and the open airholes make vaping a more enjoyable experience.

Pros:
    - open airdraw
    - aesthetically pleasing
    - vapor production/density
    - ease of build

Cons:
    - slightly muted flavor
    - occasional spitting
    - guzzles e-liquid
    - airflow ring is a bit stubborn (although, stubborn is better than loose)

Building:
    I wrapped 5 wraps of 28g kanthal around a 2.5cm drillbit. The build came out to roughly 0.9 ohms. I was trying to mimic the 0.5 ohm, RBA coil that Kangertech provides. I am assuming the variance in ohms was because Kangertech used something other than 28g.

Wicking:
    Next, I wicked my coil generously with Koh-Gen-Do cotton. I noticed the less wick I used, the more the Subtank spit. The saturation holes on the side of the RBA deck verified the effectiveness of saturation of my wick.

Vaping:
    The vape is beautiful at 20 watts. I enjoy a cooler vape now and I love how airy the draw is along with the thick vapor. The flavor is slightly muted, however, not to an amount where it bothers me.

Final Thoughts:
    The machining looks and feels solid. I am very pleased with my purchase and unfortunately, my Kayfun Lite is on the bench. Thanks for the read and hope to learn more about my new device!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread