Status
Not open for further replies.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Aright. Us it visible? Is the fasttech tank v2?

Vapez
the link just goes to ft main page.
v2 would have to have the new rba unit, one way to tell is if the rba unit in the kit has a hold down screw on the side of the chimney and 2 wicking holes on the opposite sides of the chimney

ft v2 doesnt have the new rba which i call v2, confusing , yes i know.

this is for the stmini not for regular sized subtank, makes it even more confusing, idk if reg st has new rba

pics to follow

rba v2
stminirbav2_1.jpg

stminirbav2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------

rba v1

stminirbav1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
Reactions: aldenf

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Aright. Us it visible? Is the fasttech tank v2?

Vapez

The silver tank is V2, it's visible. The RBA has wick holes on the sides of the chimney and and the AFC is also updated--it has an extra airflow hole. Unfortunately, FT doesn't seem to carry any replaceable coils for subtanks yet. You'll have to find it somewhere else. Kanger makes two kinds of coils--vertical and horizontal.

Also, you'll probably need to get some kanthal wire and wicking material (cotton or cellucotton) is you want to use the RBA deck.

I suggest you watch some YouTube videos to learn more about STM.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
The silver tank is V2, it's visible. The RBA has wick holes on the sides of the chimney and and the AFC is also updated--it has an extra airflow hole. Unfortunately, FT doesn't seem to carry any replaceable coils for subtanks yet. You'll have to find it somewhere else. Kanger makes two kinds of coils--vertical and horizontal.

Also, you'll probably need to get some kanthal wire and wicking material (cotton or cellucotton) is you want to use the RBA deck.

I suggest you watch some YouTube videos to learn more about STM.

But how big of an improvement is the v2? I'm going for the most cost-effective price and fasttech does it pretty good. I'm not going to use premade coils, that I got my aerotanks for.

I asked about wicks and wires further up in the thread.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
But how big of an improvement is the v2? I'm going for the most cost-effective price and fasttech does it pretty good. I'm not going to use premade coils, that I got my aerotanks for.

I asked about wicks and wires further up in the thread.

Please watch some videos and/or read the threads about the STM. I don't buy kanthal from FT so I can't help you. But they do carry all kinds of wire and Japanese organic cotton.

I use 29 and 30g kanthal A1 and make 1.6Ω coils, usually.

Good luck!

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
that one has the v1 rba

this one has the new rba $26.95 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-60W) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

edit: it looks like ur link will come w/the new rba by reading the ft comment section, ft just never bothered to update the pics on the ss version

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
as for which rba is better, i have the old rba but dremelled out the wick holes, if wicked correctly vapes great right down to the last drops of juice.

the new updated rba i personally wouldnt be a fan of because the side wicking holes are to high off the base and imo when juice is low in the tank it wouldnt wick it, but i have yet to see any1 complain about it.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
that one has the v1 rba

this one has the new rba $26.95 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-60W) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

edit: it looks like ur link will come w/the new rba by reading the ft comment section, ft just never bothered to update the pics on the ss version
That may be it, yes :)

I'll see what to do. Either buy the tank, or buy the subox ($46 sale price). The LG 18650HG2 3.6V 3000mAh I bought for the evic vtc fits for the kbox in the subox as well, right? :)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
as for which rba is better, i have the old rba but dremelled out the wick holes, if wicked correctly vapes great right down to the last drops of juice.

the new updated rba i personally wouldnt be a fan of because the side wicking holes are to high off the base and imo when juice is low in the tank it wouldnt wick it, but i have yet to see any1 complain about it.

While true about the higher wick holes, I find that when the juice gets at or below that level it's time to refill, as the only times I have had LEAKING through the base air flow control holes is when my juice level gets to that low point, read others with the same experience. Speculation is the internal tank pressure change.

Reactions: David Wolf

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines

btw i use rayon, ~3mm coil at ~0.6ohm ,i wont go back to any kind of cotton after using rayon.
w/either cotton or rayon for the rba v1 keep the tails cut to the top of the deck and thinned out to at least 50%.
w/the wick holes dremelled out to at least double original size i can easily chainvape 80% vg at +30w right to the last drop.

ymmv

Last edited:

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Nope actually that one doesn't have the new RBA. I ordered it in hopes that it did, and it was a V2 :(
Here ya go, Sweet Vapes carries both the V1 (original RBA) and the V2 (RBA plus) for the subtank mini. I'd been looking everywhere for the V1 with the smaller channels at the bottom instead of the big wick holes on the sides like the V2 has, but they were out of stock. Someone here on the forum alerted me that Sweet-Vapes had the original back in stock, so I bought three :) It's what I need for vaping my thinner 70pg/30vg juice at low power, I had leaks out the air holes with the stock vertical coils and the V2 RBA. So far the V1 is behaving, but need more time to verify its fixed the issue. The V1 original RBA is on the left in the link below, but it now comes with the peek insulator, the one on the right is the Plus (V2):
Search results for: ’subtank rba’

Reactions: KeepNitReel

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Here ya go, Sweet Vapes carries both the V1 (original RBA) and the V2 (RBA plus) for the subtank mini. I'd been looking everywhere for the V1 with the smaller channels at the bottom instead of the big wick holes on the sides like the V2 has, but they were out of stock. Someone here on the forum alerted me that Sweet-Vapes had the original back in stock, so I bought three :) It's what I need for vaping my thinner 70pg/30vg juice at low power, I had leaks out the air holes with the stock vertical coils and the V2 RBA. So far the V1 is behaving, but need more time to verify its fixed the issue. The V1 original RBA is on the left in the link below, but it now comes with the peek insulator, the one on the right is the Plus (V2):
Search results for: ’subtank rba’
You sir are a saint! Gonna get 5! I like them more than the V2. Thanks very much!

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Hey folks, just pop'n in to say hi. I still use STminis with unmodified V1 rbas. I still wick them with kgd cotton with wick tails cut at 45° angles and just touching the juice deck, then I smash the wick tails against the side of the build deck. I run them at 30-35w 75vg with the middle airflow setting. On the largest afc setting I can chain at 50w with no dryhits.

Good luck all and wick it chunky!

Cig

jnslprd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
LINY
Still loving my minis. Recently bought a crown tank and a Triton and hated both of them. I am a mouth to lung vaper and both were too airy for me. I have smaller drip tips on my minis and they just seem to work well with no leaking and no long coil break in. The new coils are fantastic and really feel the flavor is as good as any of the tanks I have tried. I am looking for a few new ones does anyone know who has the best deals, hopefully I can get my wife off of the cigs and get her vaping, these tanks seem to be the most foolproof for her.

Thanks

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
rba v1, dremelled alot out for the weep/wick holes, air flow ring removed, wicked w/rayon on a 0.7 coil, chainvape at between 25 to 35watts, can do higher watts if not chainvaping.
both of my stmins are performing great so im not really looking for a new atomizer unless reviews on it are great, but only for rta/rba atomizers

Reactions: ashtrayogdc

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
rba v1, dremelled alot out for the weep/wick holes, air flow ring removed, wicked w/rayon on a 0.7 coil, chainvape at between 25 to 35watts, can do higher watts if not chainvaping.
both of my stmins are performing great so im not really looking for a new atomizer unless reviews on it are great, but only for rta/rba atomizers
Yessir I still use mine daily as well! Same as my mini protanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread