Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I still have yet to try the PT coils. What resistance do you use?

I don't use PT coils--not enough airflow for my taste. But the BVCs (non-Nautilus) are doable. I tried both the 1.6 and 1.8Ω ones--no difference. I prefer the Kanger STM coils, though, or the RBA deck (V2).

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't use PT coils--not enough airflow for my taste. But the BVCs (non-Nautilus) are doable. I tried both the 1.6 and 1.8Ω ones--no difference. I prefer the Kanger STM coils, though, or the RBA deck (V2).
Same here. I still use the V1 though. Think I might file out the channels as I get dry hits if I chain vape and don't prime.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Guess there isn't much more to say about the STM since this thread has died down but I just wanna throw this out there that mine has held up exceptionally well. I still think it is one of the best out there. Solidly built and performs very well. My favorite thing about it is that it performs quite well at lower wattages like in the 20-25 range. Get decent hits and long battery life, and also not crazy on juice consumption.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Guess there isn't much more to say about the STM since this thread has died down but I just wanna throw this out there that mine has held up exceptionally well. I still think it is one of the best out there. Solidly built and performs very well. My favorite thing about it is that it performs quite well at lower wattages like in the 20-25 range. Get decent hits and long battery life, and also not crazy on juice consumption.
Yep and the V2 is very versatile for MTL to slightly restricted lung hits. 10 watts to 50 watts. Perhaps the most versatile and reliable tank to date.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
whatever version of rba is out there im sticking to my two v1's from the stmini, dremelled out deep of course.
the side holes for v2 or whatever version now doesnt intrique me as i could of just rebuilt the stock coils that had the side holes, problem being juice goes to low it would not wick.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
whatever version of rba is out there im sticking to my two v1's from the stmini, dremelled out deep of course.
the side holes for v2 or whatever version now doesnt intrique me as i could of just rebuilt the stock coils that had the side holes, problem being juice goes to low it would not wick.

I thought this too. However, without even trying or actually paying any attention, I've vaped my STM w/RBA v2 dry on several occasions. I don't know how it does it but even with 80/20 vg/pg, it does.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I thought this too. However, without even trying or actually paying any attention, I've vaped my STM w/RBA v2 dry on several occasions. I don't know how it does it but even with 80/20 vg/pg, it does.
Yep they will vape bone dry.
Unfortunately I have done it a few times and wondered why I was getting a burned tasting hit. DARN! Rewick!
With the V2 RBA deck I have never had a dry hit, unless I ran it dry of juice nor had any dribbling or gurgling at all.
I run 50/50 juice.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Same here. Conceptually, vincom's widened holes on the v1 seems like the best option. But I've vaped the V2 all the way down and never had a dry hit. So I'm also just sticking with what works.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Since I only do TC vaping, running dry is not an issue. I'll have to experiment with the new V3 RBA, to see what happens when the juice gets below the side feed holes. Of course most of the time I've ever had juice leaking out of the air holes, was when the tank was low, and left sitting upright overnight. Guess it's been the tank air pressure issue. Right now I'm playing with the Cubis tank and its RBA, as I can't stand leaking no matter the reason. So far, on par with all my STM's.

I'll refer to the newest RBA included with the TopTank as VERSION 3. The first RBA was the one with the two bottom feed holes. The next one was VERSION 2, also called the "plus", with the two LARGE side feed holes, and now VERSION 3, same as V2, except smaller side feed holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread