Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Since I only do TC vaping, running dry is not an issue. I'll have to experiment with the new V3 RBA, to see what happens when the juice gets below the side feed holes. Of course most of the time I've ever had juice leaking out of the air holes, was when the tank was low, and left sitting upright overnight. Guess it's been the tank air pressure issue. Right now I'm playing with the Cubis tank and its RBA, as I can't stand leaking no matter the reason. So far, on par with all my STM's.

I'll refer to the newest RBA included with the TopTank as VERSION 3. The first RBA was the one with the two bottom feed holes. The next one was VERSION 2, also called the "plus", with the two LARGE side feed holes, and now VERSION 3, same as V2, except smaller side feed holes.
I keep 3 STM V2's filled to various levels and in a holder all the time and no dribbles at all.
top fill tanks now....

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
v2: but how does the juice reach the holes on the chimney when juice is below those holes, i dont get it
I think the holes in the V2 are lower down than in the premade coils, and they're not recessed like in the premades. The juice seems to cling to the juice holes. I'm getting close and can take a pic later.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ya I was thinking that also. The RBA takes up so much space, just seems like it's more. If I was using the V2 I would likely just fill it once the juice got past the holes.
I fill mine when it gets below the top of the RBA deck. So I don't forget and burn my wick.

Reactions: ashtrayogdc

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I would venture to guess that the reason it still "leaches" into the RBA is due to a less than "air-tight" seal at the bottom of the Assembly where the Chimney Ring slides over the Base. Also, the Screw Slot will allow some seepage. That's my best Stab at an explanation anyways.
Imagine if one was to hit it more often/harder once the Liquid dropped below the Wicking Holes it would Dry-Hit.
But, just "normal" vaping frequency would allow enough Juice to leach and get in around that Screw Slot to keep it somewhat wet and vaping.

I'm OCD about re-filling and as others have said usually pour it to it once the level is down below the RBA Top.

Reactions: aldenf

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I keep 3 STM V2's filled to various levels and in a holder all the time and no dribbles at all.
top fill tanks now....

You may be lucky but are the exception, as I've read this same complaint many times. It's never all that constant a problem, but it's happened to me quite a few times, leaving me less then confident putting it in a pocket or bag.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Must be my wicking as I have 4 in rotation. All with no leaks or dribbles.
Well after my first wicking which was horrible and ran all over :oops:
Same here. I actually had leakage problems with the premade coils (prob user newbie error), but not a single leak once I started the rba. Well, until I pit the V2 on the topbox that is.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
No Leaking/Seepage issues with the V2 here either.
But again, I re-fill often and rarely if ever let it sit with the Liquid below the RBA Top.
The "key" may be not allowing it to sit with low Liquid so that the Volume of Air doesn't get to a "breaking-point" and create enough corresponding pressure that overpowers the Surface Tension of the E-Juice thus causing the Leakage/Seepage.

Reactions: Katya

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
No Leaking/Seepage issues with the V2 here either.
But again, I re-fill often and rarely if ever let it sit with the Liquid below the RBA Top.
The "key" may be not allowing it to sit with low Liquid so that the Volume of Air doesn't get to a "breaking-point" and create enough corresponding pressure that overpowers the Surface Tension of the E-Juice thus causing the Leakage/Seepage.

Indeed, that's why I said it's happened to me when the tank gets low, change in internal tank air pressure. Another thing I don't want to have to pay attention to, but the penalty is a MESS! Not an issue with the Cubis tank.

Reactions: Hitcat44

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
My RBA says on the side "Kanger Tech Mini RBA Plus"

I understood that the original RBA has small slots in the base and the cap threads on to the base. The V2 has larger slots. The Plus has no slots in the base, holes on the side and a screw holds the cap to the base.

Maybe this applies to the full size Sub Tank and not the mini. I don't know.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
A.f.a.i.k. there are four versions of the RBA now. First there was the old version without the holes at the sides, then came the RBA Plus with holes, then an updated version of the Plus with smaller holes, and now there's also the RBA plus for the toptank which has also smaller holes but placed even higher.

RBA v1:
1119e5abd6005056ae13f2.jpg

RBA Plus v2 next to RBA Plus v1
20160209_221404.thumb.jpg.d612ef717fb2f956a1a973310ed8cebb.jpg

RBA Plus v1 next to Toptank RBA Plus:
TOPBOX-5-1024x683.jpg

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Are you using the V2 RBA with the new Top Fill tank, and not getting leaking?
Based on my experience with the v2 and the toptank, Cromwell would be a master builder to pull this off. I imagine they came out with the stealth "v3" RBA with the smaller holes for a reason.

EDIT: given Leo's post, I guess this is the v4 after all.

Reactions: puffon

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
A.f.a.i.k. there are four versions of the RBA now. First there was the old version without the holes at the sides, then came the RBA Plus with holes, then an updated version of the Plus with smaller holes, and now there's also the RBA plus for the toptank which has also smaller holes but placed even higher.

RBA v1:

TOPBOX-5-1024x683.jpg
Nice post. Why the heck did they make the holes smaller on RBA Plus V2?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

RBA v1:

TOPBOX-5-1024x683.jpg
So I have the Plus V1 then. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread