Status
Not open for further replies.

Shokker

Mar 18, 2015
Germany
10zpzrl.png

The coilheads with the pink o rings are the SS316. They seem to have a bigger diameter than the other SSOCCs...

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Yep and the V2 is very versatile for MTL to slightly restricted lung hits. 10 watts to 50 watts. Perhaps the most versatile and reliable tank to date.

Totally agree! Same here! Love my STM now that I have the v2 rba. At .05 ohm and 18-25 watts my 50/50 ADV flavor has been massive and consistent. Don't even like the hit off my nautilus minis anymore. Gonna save those for gifts for friends who just started vaping or stealth vaping on my mini volt mod.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
v2: but how does the juice reach the holes on the chimney when juice is below those holes, i dont get it
Just wanted to follow up on this part of the discussion about draining the tank with the V2 version. I vaped mine all the way down, actually past the holes and never got a dry hit. Honestly, I don't get it either. I guess juice was getting in the wick when I would tilt the tank to take a hit or something.
Empty.PNG

To see how much was in the tank, I sat it on in a ramekin for 5 minutes, and there was almost nothing in there.
Leftovers.PNG

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL
A.f.a.i.k. there are four versions of the RBA now. First there was the old version without the holes at the sides, then came the RBA Plus with holes, then an updated version of the Plus with smaller holes, and now there's also the RBA plus for the toptank which has also smaller holes but placed even higher.

RBA v1:
1119e5abd6005056ae13f2.jpg

Guess I paid too much for mine, $30 for the V1.

Is my first RTA. I used the OCC horizontal coils that came with mine, I overheated the 1.2 and got burnt flavor that wouldn't go away. Tried rewicking it but no matter how much or little I used, it tasted awful and burnt. Used the .5 as well, but after a few days, it started spitting back really bad and caused my tongue to blister. Ordered new coils and they were vertical. They both spit really bad too, but if I lowered the wattage to the point they didn't spit on me, there was so little vape it was pointless.

Now I'm tinkering with the RTA. It spits a bit, but at least I'm getting some flavor and decent amount of vape out of it. Using the stock .5 coil that came with it and I widened the channel a bit with my dremel. I'm running 12.5 watts at the moment. My tank has 2 wide air slots on it, then 2 large'ish holes and 2 small holes. I keep it on the wide slots as I'm getting use to the lung hit vs MTL from when I used the small EVOD type coils/tanks.

Doesn't seem to leak, I'm on my second tank with the same wick and about to refill/rewick to try some joytech juice.

Anyone know what the bell tanks do for you? Just curious. Also looking for a bit thinner tip that will fit this. I like the one from my pro-tank 3, but it won't fit. The base is too large to fit the STM.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Now I'm tinkering with the RTA. It spits a bit, but at least I'm getting some flavor and decent amount of vape out of it. Using the stock .5 coil that came with it and I widened the channel a bit with my dremel. I'm running 12.5 watts at the moment. My tank has 2 wide air slots on it, then 2 large'ish holes and 2 small holes.
spitback is usually:
wick too loose in coil
and/or not enough power for coil
and/or wick needs some breakin time

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
@olds97_lss This is the newer AFC: $5.45 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Air Flow Control Valve Base - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Are you sure you primed those coils well before use?

About the spitting, @vincom has useful tips, i use 20W average when in VW mode, never any spitbacks.

I.m.o. Bellcaps are a cosmetic thing, not so much a vaping experience enhancement. Most are not made of glass but PMMA/Acrylic/PC, so beware of tank cracking liquids. There are some glass bellcaps out there btw, very expensive and fragile.

Look for510 driptips, they will fit.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
@olds97_lss This is the newer AFC: $5.45 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Air Flow Control Valve Base - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

About the spitting, @vincom has useful tips, i use 20W average when in VW mode, never any spitbacks.

I.m.o. Bellcaps are a cosmetic thing, not so much a vaping experience enhancement. Most are not made of glass but PMMA/Acrylic/PC, so beware of tank cracking liquids. There are some glass bellcaps out there btw, very expensive and fragile.

The poly carb bellcaps make a pretty indestructible tank though.

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL

Thanks for the info on the tips. I wasn't sure since the one out of my protank III didn't fit.

I had the coils very well saturated. With the occ 1.2, I ran it between 16 and 18 watts. With the .5, I ran 20-22 watts. With the RBA with the .5 ohm kanger supplied coil, I'm currently at 15 watts. Afraid to go higher and burning it.

I had a few of the t3s tanks break on me due to cinnamon juice. Fogged up the tank really bad and eventually cracked one of them. With the hit this thing gives me though, I couldn't handle cinnamon anymore. Was fine with the smaller amount of vape and MTL hit. With this, I just inhale direct to lung. My go-to jiuce was cignot basic pino colada 24mg and it damn near killed me the first time I tried it in this tank. So, I'll have to stick to the simple fruity stuff I think.

I wasn't sure if those bell tanks gave a cooler vape or what their purpose was. I know I was getting a pretty hot vape out of the occ's.

I'm using an eleaf istick 100w device (2 cell). I bought my wife an evic mini vtc 2, 60watt (single cell) and she really likes it with the T3S tank. Give her consistent voltage all day long vs being hot in the morning and dropping mid-day like the ego-t's do.

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL
rba v1 stmini, 0.7 ohm coil, widened weep holes, rayon wick, i dont vape lower than 30w and can go upto 45w
I think I have the v1. No screw holding the chimney on. All I have though currently is the .5 ohm coils that came with it. Waiting for the 26AWG kenthal I ordered to show up. Will see how it does then... if my ohm meter can go that low.

What juice are you running? Nic content? PG/VG percentages?

Thanks for the info.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thanks for the info on the tips. I wasn't sure since the one out of my protank III didn't fit.

I had the coils very well saturated. With the occ 1.2, I ran it between 16 and 18 watts. With the .5, I ran 20-22 watts. With the RBA with the .5 ohm kanger supplied coil, I'm currently at 15 watts. Afraid to go higher and burning it.

I had a few of the t3s tanks break on me due to cinnamon juice. Fogged up the tank really bad and eventually cracked one of them. With the hit this thing gives me though, I couldn't handle cinnamon anymore. Was fine with the smaller amount of vape and MTL hit. With this, I just inhale direct to lung. My go-to jiuce was cignot basic pino colada 24mg and it damn near killed me the first time I tried it in this tank. So, I'll have to stick to the simple fruity stuff I think.

I wasn't sure if those bell tanks gave a cooler vape or what their purpose was. I know I was getting a pretty hot vape out of the occ's.

I'm using an eleaf istick 100w device (2 cell). I bought my wife an evic mini vtc 2, 60watt (single cell) and she really likes it with the T3S tank. Give her consistent voltage all day long vs being hot in the morning and dropping mid-day like the ego-t's do.
With the software upgrade the VTC mini will do 75 watts.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I think I have the v1. No screw holding the chimney on. All I have though currently is the .5 ohm coils that came with it. Waiting for the 26AWG kenthal I ordered to show up. Will see how it does then... if my ohm meter can go that low.

What juice are you running? Nic content? PG/VG percentages?

Thanks for the info.
diy juice, 3mg nic, winter i use 50/50 pg vg, warmer weather 70% vg

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Eventually i dropped the whole tc story on my subtanks and went back to wattage mode, 20W average on an istick 60 or vtc mini 60 with black subtank.

I either use Kanthal A1 26G 5 to 6 wraps 3mm ID which gives a resistance of .6 to .8 Ohms, or SS316L also 26G 6 wraps 3mm ID which comes to .4 Ohms average.

24mg however might be a bit steep, harsh even. I'm on 3mg, sometimes 6mg, went back from 50/50 to 80/20 pg/vg because the vg wasn't giving me enough throathit and smells and tastes too sweet for me.

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL
While waiting for my 26AWG to show up, I ran across a video of creating twisted wire using smaller gauge. I have some 36 here that I tried using to make coils for my evod type coils, but they always got too hot on the legs and burned the insulater which tasted awful. So, I took 3 strands in a drill and twisted them up, then made a 5 wrap 3mm id coil and put some of the rayon cotton I have in it.

No burnt flavor, doesn't spit too bad, but can't taste anything really. Could be from all the screwing around I did today with this. At least it doesn't taste burnt and gives me quite a bit of vape. It's a .9ohm coil. Running 15watts/3.6V at the moment.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nice post. Why the heck did they make the holes smaller on RBA Plus V2?
I think they might've closed the rba holes in the Plus v2 so that when wicking like a protank( cotton through coils and then out the sides and then clipping. The V1 rba Plus with the larger holes gave me trouble when trying that as the holes sit slightly lower than where the coil sits so I had to thread through the hole and coil and then push the chimney down to seal it down. The smaller holes look like they would line up perfectly. Don't have the v2 so I can't really be sure but that's my thinking. I just wick the bunny ears or pancake method now and both seem to work well.

Reactions: ashtrayogdc

olds97_lss

Feb 15, 2016
Dekalb, IL
I think they might've closed the rba holes in the Plus v2 so that when wicking like a protank( cotton through coils and then out the sides and then clipping. The V1 rba Plus with the larger holes gave me trouble when trying that as the holes sit slightly lower than where the coil sits so I had to thread through the hole and coil and then push the chimney down to seal it down. The smaller holes look like they would line up perfectly. Don't have the v2 so I can't really be sure but that's my thinking. I just wick the bunny ears or pancake method now and both seem to work well.

So far, for me, wicking with the V1 doesn't seem to be an issue. Then again, I'm only about 12 hours on the coil I made last night (twisted 3x36awg kenthal, .9ohm), but now that some time has passed, I'm actually getting flavor. I did watch a few videos to see what others were doing with the wick. Still getting some popping but nothing like the spitback I was with the OEM RBA coil.

Does the V2 only have holes on the side and no holes at the bottom?

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
So far, for me, wicking with the V1 doesn't seem to be an issue. Then again, I'm only about 12 hours on the coil I made last night (twisted 3x36awg kenthal, .9ohm), but now that some time has passed, I'm actually getting flavor. I did watch a few videos to see what others were doing with the wick. Still getting some popping but nothing like the spitback I was with the OEM RBA coil.

Yes, the V2 (or the "plus") has large holes on the sides. Scroll up several posts on this thread and you'll see a pic of my V2.

Further back in this thread there are also pics of all of the version posted by @Leo Bak.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines

v2 only has holes on side chimney wall, no weep holes on the bottom.
imo v1 works really well if you are willing to widen the bottom weep holes.
by doing this you can increase power and as such flavor will increase.
for me i really widened the weep holes, 0.7 ohm coil, 3mm, rayon wick, afc ring removed, i vape between 30w - 45w, and no its not a hot vape and flavor is great.
but i dont really have another tank to compare it to other than the nautilus which is no comparison really, stmini all the way

Reactions: disley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread