Kangertech Subvod C troubleshooting/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Hi, my bf's tank on his kangertech subvod C is leaking out of the air holes, a lot. He changed the coil, and it's still doing it. I changed my coil today too and mine is fine. He changed coils twice, cuz ppl keep saying it's the coil. But he thinks it's the o-ring closest to the coil ring, but he says it's not the o ring on the coil, cuz there's like 10 o rings there... D:

He's been doing really well, down to 3 cigs a day since Friday, but this is cramping our style. What should I do? *we bought .5 coils, which we are using now, and have 1.5 coils coming in the mail.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
Should be only 2 o rings on the head, one near the end that sits in a groove, one above the threads that seals the head to base.
If there are old o rings stuck in the base or around the head the head won't seal to base. It will leak like crazy.
My bf says there's 3 o rings on there, but we just got these a week ago, and this was his first time changing the coil, he said the way the air ports are cut, they automatically damage the top o ring no matter how carefully you install it.
The air holes are cut so high, that he can see the bottom of the o ring. He doesn't think it will ever seal perfectly, even with a replacement o ring. He thinks the air holes are cut too high...

I am not sure if that makes sense. :/

But even so, I was hoping someone could help me find some replacement o rings to try and fix it rather than buying a whole new device. I found o rings for kangertechs, but none of them specified a subvod c, I think they had some for regular subvod' but my budget is tight enough that I can't afford to buy something that's not going to fit.

Davs

Apr 26, 2017
Lewiston, Idaho
The tank on that is toptank nano c so o-rings for that tank will work might just look into getting another toptank nano. Does your air slots look like his if not he might have a bad base. Also might be able to buy just the base.
Thank you. He does say that my base is slightly different than his, so I think I'm going to look into replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread