Kansas City, MO: Regional Monthly Meetings

Discussion in 'Show Me vapers' started by kdd121s, May 3, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kdd121s

kdd121s Senior Member ECF Veteran

At the last South West MO Regional Meeting, we discussed the idea of arranging monthly meetings for other regions in Missouri. This thread is for the Kansas City, MO area meetings. I guess we will start the ball rolling with some initial questions. 1st: should we have the meetings at the beginning, middle or end of every month? 2nd: what day of the week works best for everyone on average? 3rd: what time of day works best for everyone on average? 4th: what part of the city should the meetings be held? 5th: should we rotate which part of the city we meet at every month? 6th: what venues within the city should we hold the meetings at? These are just some starting questions to get the discussion ball rolling.

This thread is going to be a sticky so that new people can add their ideas and so that we can adjust things as problems arise. By problems I mean things that might necessitate changing: day, time, city, venue, etc. This will also allow people to arrange car pooling if necessary. As this meeting thread is for Kansas City area vapers in Missouri, I assume someone in that area will take the helm when it comes to organizing the meetings. I hope that this will be a helpful starting point for discussing monthly meetings in the Kansas City area.

2. Lissa G.

Lissa G. Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hmmm, we had to move after my daughters brain surgery, so sadly no more pool parties :-( , But we could put together something for the end of the month in KC. How about a nice BBQ by a local lake (weather permitting)?

3. kdd121s

kdd121s Senior Member ECF Veteran

As I am not in the area, I have to leave it to you guys up in KC to setup and maintain your regional meetings. Your idea sounds like a good suggestion. I hope more of your regional vapers jump in. Good luck :D .

4. timothymass

timothymass Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think what we were trying to do is stem out into multiple chapters sounds kinda like a biker gang lol the nico gang of south west mo. I am sorry to here that your daughter had to go through that i hope she is better now.

5. jerry2111

jerry2111 Full Member ECF Veteran

Well this didn't go very well, maybe it's as I thought and there is only a few vappers in the KC area. As I never see any around town.

6. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've been "converting" as many smokers as I can around Joplin, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be.

7. jerry2111

I have two men at work that got 510 disposable from me for the wives. And we got a memo that there would be no smoking breaks except lunch after jan. 1. So some people have been asking questions lately.

8. Cyia

Cyia Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have my grandma converted.. still working on my dad. I really want to go to a meet up here in KC cause I just can't drive 4+ hours to st louis :(

9. quasimod

You KC-area folks should try to organize a local meetup! There are several members in the area, and it doesn't have to be a big deal. It could be as simple as 3 or 4 people having lunch, drinks, or converging on a picnic table in the park. Who knows? You might even like each other! :D

Any ideas for a location, Cyia?

10. Cyia

I would say the plaza fountain but parking down there is a pain in the butt. And then there is always westport, I know raytown still has smoking in some of the bars there so vaping inside wouldn't be a problem. I'm not much of the go out on the town every week type of person So me choosing a place that's comfy and for everyone is probably not a good idea LOL. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears though! I'd love to get together and have a monthly meet up with fellow vapers in town :)

11. quasimod

I dunno, sounds like you've already had more/better ideas than anyone else in this thread. Besides, if the other folks in your area were "Socialites", there would already be a meet planned. ;) maybe a more low-key, casual venue is just the thing to get a couple of these couch potatos out of the house for a change :D

12. Cyia

That would be nice! LOL

13. Fopa

Fopa Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Count me in for a local KC meeting. I live in the Raytown area. Let me know if I can help plan something.

14. Cyia

Oh! I used to live in Raytown! I would love to meet up sometime once a month but I've never been to a get together so I'm not sure what all goes on lol

15. jerry2111

Maybe we should just think of places where we could vap without any problems, the only places I can think of is out doors.

16. Cyia

Only other place is a bar in Raytown that allows smoking. Guess we could always go and ask places but without freaking people out or reserving a room of some sort I'm just not sure where either

17. Peeps

Peeps Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

We're in Smithville and would love to meet up with fellow vapors!

18. kerrdj

kerrdj Full Member Verified Member

I know this has been dead for awhile but im new to the site. Im in KC by 40 and noland. I know you can still smoke in the bars in sugar creek...

19. quasimod

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone interested in organizing a meet in the KC area. That's too bad: there is a lot of potential there.

20. Rosco

Rosco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

KCMO here, north of the river in Gladstone and officially home for good now. Anyone ever get into a bind and need help, I'm around. :thumb: