• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kanthal and cotton, ebay is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
So ebay, as an option, was brought to my attention by Waddle (thanks waddle!) a month ago but at that time I couldn't order from there since I wasn't eligible for a korean debit card and just last week I made an order. BOY is it cheap! It is the ONLY way to go if you're looking for the said DIY supplies. I got 2 spools of 26g kanthal (8 dollars including shipping) and 129 pcs of KGD sized sheets of 'MUJI' japanese cotton (5 dollars including shipping). I checked out muji and its supposed to be as good, if not better, than KGD and rayon.

My total for all this was 13 dollars and you can't even buy ONE spool of kanthal for twice that on Gmarket or any other online site I've seen here!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Good on ya Nwasiq...Ebay is hit or miss for Kanthal. Its never there when I want it, so like you I'll buy a few spools at a time. Also like you I prefer 26ga Kanthal. It takes a little longer to ramp up but my coils can last for months. And as far as I'm concerned all the Japanese cotton is much the same. But that's a really good price.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I recently got 200 pads of cotton made in Japan for $8 (FREE SHIPPING) on Amazon. Amazingly, FastTech has listed the EXACT same product for $27. To put it lightly, many people on the FT forum are ...... off about that incredibly inflated price.

As for wire, I've always assumed FT was reasonable for their Kanthal. $4 for 20m isn't that bad, but perhaps EBay, as you say, is even cheaper.

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
I've gotten cotton and kanthal from frog in fog. The wire's cheaper with AmeLiquid by a buck (and ships quickly) and the cotton's kind of a rip off compared to ebay (200 pieces of cotton labo from ebay was like $8ish vs $3 for 5 squares (worth 10-13 squares of the labo stuff) of kgd from FroginFog) That said, Frog in Fog does have spare parts I haven't seen anywhere else (magma AFC rings) and this sweet little clone hybrid mod that's probably gonna be the next purchase- the KSS mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread