karma question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennvapemom

Jul 31, 2015
so i am recently coming out of a tough situation where i trusted where i shouldnt and it left me without a device and cheated out of the money i had to use.
and in the middle of all this someone i just met (literally) stepped up and helped simply because they could and wanted to. i went from seeing a selfish lying man steal my money to seeing a selfless unbeleivably kind lady offering help that she certainly didnt need to. i am so thankful not only for the help with a replacement device but also for reminding me that there are still good nice (simple words but i cant think of better ones lol) at a time where i was having a hard time remembering that.
my question is this: in a few weeks i will be getting a promotion (lord willing) due to a co worker leaving for a new job and school clothes shopping and related things will be done. i want to return the favor and was thinking of buying a gift card (maybe $50 or so i feel i could do) with the intent of helping someone new to vaping or one in a tough spot. was wondering if some more veteran members could help with some advice on what companies have prices that would allow that amount to help someone and help with how to get it to someone who honestly needs it. thank you. i just am so thankful right now that i would love to be able to make someone else feel this way. Happy monday and keep vaping

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
$50 will get a start-up rig for vaping at a lot of places. It might be easier to get a Vanilla Visa and give it though. That way the recipient can use it anywhere. Not all stores carry the same gear, and it would suck to have money to spend and not be able to get the piece of gear you want. Plus, if they needed it for something else, they wouldn't be limited to vape gear.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Well today I had my new TFV4 stolen so I sort of know how you feel, would it be possible to find out what vape gear she likes and buy the device for her, that would be nice, you could even wrap it up. Is she a mouth to lung, how about a subox Starter kit, a little more expensive and you would need a battery too and a charger..Hmmm, a little cheaper and still a great tank, the Nautilus Mini and an Istick 20w ??

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I will only quote you from the PIF group here: "Don't pay us back, Pay It Forward"!! :wub:

I am a strong believer in Karma, and have been on both the giving and receiving end of vaping supplies.
That person was there for you at the right time and place... and someday you will find yourself in a situation to do the same for someone else.

Just have patience, and the opportunity will present itself when the time is right!! :)

But if you are really in a hurry to help someone out, you might check here to see what you can do...
Pay It Forward - PIF | E-Cigarette Forum

Or ask if they need anything here that you could donate:
EMERGENCY Assistance Thread - USA - please read first post for requirements | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you... and Welcome to the ECF!! :thumb:

jennvapemom

Jul 31, 2015
Well today I had my new TFV4 stolen so I sort of know how you feel, would it be possible to find out what vape gear she likes and buy the device for her, that would be nice, you could even wrap it up. Is she a mouth to lung, how about a subox Starter kit, a little more expensive and you would need a battery too and a charger..Hmmm, a little cheaper and still a great tank, the Nautilus Mini and an Istick 20w ??
ive heard good things about the istick 20 would be good for someone new to vaping in general or variable devices thanks for the advice rixsta

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jennvapemom, you will find the exact time/way you can help someone by just staying plugged in to the community and listening (well, reading) with your heart. There's no hurry. You'll know when the right time comes along. It may not even be someone here on the forums....it may be a friend in your neighborhood or from your work. If you keep the thought in the back of your mind that you want any smoker who wants to get off cigs to be able to, you'll find opportunities. Let it evolve naturally....opportunities will present themselves. The stars will align: you'll have the means at the same time you notice a need. That's when you go for it. You'll know when it's right.....you'll "feel" it. :)

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Just pay attention and you see someone to help. Perfect example, the amazing lady above ^^ JC Okie, gave my dad a setup to get him started with vaping and some unflavored because he didn't like flavors. Because of her generosity my dad found another setup and has been smoke free for going on about 5 months now.

I've given a mod away to someone that needed help. You just see people that need the help and you know then, they're the perfect person to help. I'm thinking about giving another mod away. My first Reo to someone I know in person that needs help. I have other setups to use, but they would benefit from it.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Just pay attention and you see someone to help. Perfect example, the amazing lady above ^^ JC Okie, gave my dad a setup to get him started with vaping and some unflavored because he didn't like flavors. Because of her generosity my dad found another setup and has been smoke free for going on about 5 months now.

I've given a mod away to someone that needed help. You just see people that need the help and you know then, they're the perfect person to help. I'm thinking about giving another mod away. My first Reo to someone I know in person that needs help. I have other setups to use, but they would benefit from it.
OMG, Danny...has your dad been vaping for 5 months already?!?! That is awesome. Bet you never thought that would happen, did you. And YOU! You have been the poster child of paying it forward. I'm proud we're friends.

Reactions: dbrandt01

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
OMG, Danny...has your dad been vaping for 5 months already?!?! That is awesome. Bet you never thought that would happen, did you. And YOU! You have been the poster child of paying it forward. I'm proud we're friends.

Yes ma'am. We originally talked at the beginning of March. He hasn't had a desire to even smoke. Still vapes the 18mg unflavored. I can see a huge difference in him, plus he's happier and not coughing junk up all the time anymore. Given all the other methods like Chantix, patches, and gum failed. I was a bit nervous about vaping helping him. In the end it did help, went from 2 packs a day and 40 years to none right now.

I try to help others as much as I can, I'm not rich, but I'm happy. I do what I can, and if I make someone else happy, that's all that matters to me. Whether it be buy lunch, or get them into vaping, it's all worth it. I never knew Reoville and you would have such an impact on my life. After you helping my dad, I really wanted to help someone with vaping and devices to help them.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I will only quote you from the PIF group here: "Don't pay us back, Pay It Forward"!! :wub:

I am a strong believer in Karma, and have been on both the giving and receiving end of vaping supplies.
That person was there for you at the right time and place... and someday you will find yourself in a situation to do the same for someone else.

Just have patience, and the opportunity will present itself when the time is right!! :)

But if you are really in a hurry to help someone out, you might check here to see what you can do...
Pay It Forward - PIF | E-Cigarette Forum

Or ask if they need anything here that you could donate:
EMERGENCY Assistance Thread - USA - please read first post for requirements | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you... and Welcome to the ECF!! :thumb:
@spacekitty, looks like we basically said the same thing....and we joined this forum about the same time, too. We've seen a lot, haven't we? Happy 5-year ECF anniversary TODAY. Did you notice?

Last edited:
Reactions: spacekitty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread