Katana by POC ~ Show and Tell :) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rielevilnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Renton Washington
I rock a 4-5 wrap as well and vape a vanilla flavor that in my opinion I will never vape in a carto unless I absolutely have to.. Which happens when I am making any major adjustments to the Katana or cleaning. Also I made a new video that I will be editing for youtube soon I will post a link here about modding your pos pole so it won't push up by the battery being screwed down too tight. I have to admit was pretty set on running a Katana as stock as possible and still have that passion but am really interested and eager to try a kick in it to see if the vaping experience is better?

Ok... Lets talk gunk. The black stuff that builds on a coil and wick that takes significant vapor production away from the unit. How do you fix this and make a wick last 4 months? I had only 1 setup that I rocked for 5 weeks straight with almost no adjustment at all and have not been able to replicate it. Furthermore I was running a 3-4 wrap then and now prefer a cooler vapor that the wick can keep up with. I reaLLLY wanna try Katana Kick'd...

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
I use an old soft toothbrush and wisk the gunk off every so often. I personally don't like to dry-burn the wicks, I think they taste funny afterwards. Just me though ....

Do you have a Kick? Know someone close who does? Just pop it on top of an 18500 batt, use a piece of business card or something to make the fit tight, and you are set.
Kami sent me a piece of thin copper, that you roll into a tibe and put in the Kat tube to make the Kick fit snug. Stops the battery from rattling also. :)

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
24k Plate for Kat

3452a1t.jpg

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
My Katana (V3) has been sitting unused for months because about a week after I got it, the tank began leaking into the battery tube. If I dry everything off and let it sit, the drop seems to form on the positive connector for the battery but I have no idea where it is really coming from because I haven’t tried to take this apart. Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this? I emailed POC the other day but didn’t get a response so I’m guessing that the email that I had was just for the co-op. I know that it is risky to try and take these apart but perhaps there is a guide out there somewhere that I missed in my searches?

rielevilnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Renton Washington
I am still looking for the perfect piece that is heat safe and will fit perfectly in there. Until then a simple eraser works.. I could buy a length of some hose that would be used for a car that is resistant to heat but i used a small guage of hose... if you can find a bigger one that fits inside there that would probly be ideal.

BluSwatch

Crazy Mod Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Washington
Hey python. :)

V2s and V3s are pretty close, so I think unless they are side to side, it may be had to tell. The V3 engraving is a little smaller maybe? Or larger, can't remember which. They are pretty much the same APV, no major changes, just 2 production runs.
The V1 are noticable different though.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
Guys im new here, need your suggestion, how will i know if my kantana is V3. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there is another way to tell ...... The air hole on V2 does not align exactly with the wick.....V3 the air hole aligns with the wick
I may be incorrect about this....but if memory serves.......:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread