Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Last night was ok. They stuck me in Safe Launch which is a place that I don't really understand. Parts are inspected in and by people in the individual cells but some cells parts have to go to Safe Launch to be reinspected before they're shipped out. They do that because some cells have had quality issues. My question is why? If they've sent bad parts in the past, why not write those folks up? It just seems like a waste of time and money to me. :?:
    Yeah, in the Automotive industry Safe Launch happens because the customer said it has to.;)
    Actually, your previous job probably did include safe launch procedures, they were just handled at the line rather than in a separate area.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    Yeah, in the Automotive industry Safe Launch happens because the customer said it has to.;)
    Actually, your previous job probably did include safe launch procedures, they were just handled at the line rather than in a separate area.
    Yep! Some of the cells used to have a company called SQI to do their final inspections to cut down on the amount of work that Safe Launch has to do. Safe Launch is not a bad place to be, it's just not for me. I'm more used to a faster pace. :)

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Yep! Some of the cells used to have a company called SQI to do their final inspections to cut down on the amount of work that Safe Launch has to do. Safe Launch is not a bad place to be, it's just not for me. I'm more used to a faster pace. :)

You need to learn to slow yourself down a bit, Love... it all pays the same. ;)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    Trust me, I know... but it would be nice if you could settle into a slower paced job. You deserve the break, hun. You just need to accept that truth for yourself.
    The gig at Safe Launch is temporary. I know that for a fact. The company right now is going through reassigning and restructuring. From the way I understood it last night, the big boss is coming to do away with the 12 hr cells, put everyone on an 8hr a day, 5 day a week schedule to do away with all the overtime. I was sent to Safe Launch last night because it was the only place I could go. I'm looking forward to the changes whatever they may be. :) From what my immediate supervisor said last night, I'm headed back into a cell when one opens up. He said they are looking into one with lighter parts for me to deal with unlike the Corvette parts in the old cell that were way too heavy for me.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    The gig at Safe Launch is temporary. I know that for a fact. The company right now is going through reassigning and restructuring. From the way I understood it last night, the big boss is coming to do away with the 12 hr cells, put everyone on an 8hr a day, 5 day a week schedule to do away with all the overtime. I was sent to Safe Launch last night because it was the only place I could go. I'm looking forward to the changes whatever they may be. :) From what my immediate supervisor said last night, I'm headed back into a cell when one opens up. He said they are looking into one with lighter parts for me to deal with unlike the Corvette parts in the old cell that were way too heavy for me.

All of that sounds perfect!! I pray that it all works out for you, Love. 5x8hour days with lighter parts sounds awesome. I know you'd miss the OT, but you wouldn't have to work your fingers to the bone day after day!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    All of that sounds perfect!! I pray that it all works out for you, Love. 5x8hour days with lighter parts sounds awesome. I know you'd miss the OT, but you wouldn't have to work your fingers to the bone day after day!
    Yep! And I kinda like this "floater" gig. It adds a bit of excitement to each day because I never know where I'll work. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Yep! And I kinda like this "floater" gig. It adds a bit of excitement to each day because I never know where I'll work. :)
    Floating is a great way to move up, too. The more areas you get to know means you are more experienced & useful for whatever comes up. The better you handle that & adapt well & quickly, the more doors open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    This sounds like what Lowes is doing right now. They did away with all the mid-level managers and replaced them with half as many chosen from the department managers. And they're no longer hiring full-time employees, only part-time an seasonals.

DH works there part time so his job is safe. Besides he knows plumbing thoroughly so he's the go-to person at his Lowes plumbing section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread