Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Depends on what you want for batteries. The killer runtime I get is because I went Sanyo 20700b from battery junction. Thankfully my newer xtar chargers all handle that size.

Probably good sales in a week, 4th of July stuff.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Left to right: Mech Pro, Therion bf, Captain PD270, VT Inbox
f632badf8a8704530f7833710ab3153b.jpg
d66bdb87664d91adeb93945ac4caacf7.jpg

The rounded edges make for a comfortable hold, and I like the large fire button.

The base PD270 has an 18650 adapter.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks Mark. Not as tall as I imagined, but wider.
It's about 3/16" larger than a Smok Alien in each dimension.

Height's the same as the Therion, depth slightly less, width slightly more.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
And wouldn't you know it... they're making us stay until 11. Even though we haven't done anything since 10:00. :rolleyes:

Money, money, money.............

Have a FABULOUS weekend, Sister!!!!!!!! I'm beating on my Rainbow AL85 right now :D

But, I'm in the "vape cave" I have a litter box for teh kittehs. ZOMG - Samson STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting for one battery to finish charging, but I can barely breathe down here :lol:

Even my vape klowdz aren't cutting the stench!

~Krazy Kat Lady

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
The 510 is a press fit, I believe, so a potential failure point. Mine's solid, but only used it a few days.

If the 510 gives I'd likely dab a bit of one of my misc adhesives on half the connector (so there's still a clean ground path on the remainder).

Doubt I'd use an RDA on it anyway. Maybe not too much of a probslem?

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
The 510 is a press fit, I believe, so a potential failure point. Mine's solid, but only used it a few days.

If the 510 gives I'd likely dab a bit of one of my misc adhesives on half the connector (so there's still a clean ground path on the remainder).
Can you please explain that?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Press fit means the negative threaded portion of the connector is held on by friction, has been pressed into the body. Other mods may have the 510 connector screwed into the body (you see some screws around the connector when looking at the top of the mod) or held in place with a locking nut visible on the inside (the smy sdna that Kaz did his magic on - that nut had loosened, but Kaz was able to tighten it back up).

A press fit may loosen over time, though how soon varies. A good press fit will stay in place quite well, take a lot of force to pull out.

It's possible that wismec/ijoy/... (All one company) has changed their 510 installation, or simply done a better press fit, but they are known for issues on prior mods where the press fit connector came out pretty fast/easily.

In the photo I posted earlier, the Mech Pro and Therion 510 are each held on by 3 screws, while the Inbox 510 (not visible since it has the Wasp on it) is held on by two.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Correction, I popped the case top, the pd270 does not have a press fit. You can see the hex locking ring in this photo. Negative lead is soldered to it.

Someone had been pushing on this point, it sounded like they knew what they were talking about, but I decided to check for myself.

866d90bdda814c62b41a9047715b9114.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    While I know most of you didn't know who he was as he primarily posted on another forum, Hank Spankman was largely responsible for me getting into squonking, and frequently made suggestions to me about what to buy. He had a custom made wood dual battery (parallel) squonk box that led me to buy my own wood squonker from the same person.
    Before he passed away a few months ago, he had been pushing me to buy the Envii Yeti RDA. I recently dad the opportunity to obtain some of his vape gear, and that custom squonk mod and the Yeti were the things I decided I wanted. This is the only significant vape purchase I have made since February.

Say hello to Spanky
    xn566o.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread