Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
While I know most of you didn't know who he was as he primarily posted on another forum, Hank Spankman was largely responsible for me getting into squonking, and frequently made suggestions to me about what to buy. He had a custom made wood dual battery (parallel) squonk box that led me to buy my own wood squonker from the same person.
Before he passed away a few months ago, he had been pushing me to buy the Envii Yeti rda. I recently dad the opportunity to obtain some of his vape gear, and that custom squonk mod and the Yeti were the things I decided I wanted. This is the only significant vape purchase I have made since February.

Say hello to Spanky
xn566o.jpg
I'm so glad you wrre able to get some of your friends gear. Especially pieces that remind you of him. That is a beautiful set up! How's it vape?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I was on predisone 10mg 2x a day for 12 years. Then I was able to get off of it. Then I went for a period when I couldn't get any biologics & had to go back on the steroids & that's when I started having the crazy reactions. I couldn't take more than 5mg a day without losing it. And it's been like that since then. Which really made those massive iv doses I was getting a horrible experience. Thats why they don't want anyone on prednisone more than a few years. I was on it way too long with no other options.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

DB had a similar experience with Reglan. That's an anti-nausea med that also stimulates digestion. They had her on it for years and years because of diabetic autonomic neuropathy. Her digestive system moves slowly, so it takes a long time for her to digest food. The Reglan helped with that, but after so many years on it, it raised her prolactin levels. High levels of prolactin can cause infertility, and that is why we weren't able to have kids. She's been off of it for a while now, but they just put her back on it this past month... never ending circles...

Second pair of 20700b batteries in the pd270 - I went through 32ml at 25w before I pulled them - superb run time [emoji5]

Speaking of long run times!
MVape M1Plus.jpg

I was finally able to finagle the part to make it so I can put cCells in my M-Vape M1-Plus! That tank has a 10ml capacity, and at 32.5W on the Fuchai 213 with VTC4s, I'm getting an entire day of vaping without having to do anything other than press the fire button and vape. :D

View attachment 666717 My little baby girl this morning trying to look sweet. :rolleyes:

And she's doing a darn fine job of it! :lol::wub:

While I know most of you didn't know who he was as he primarily posted on another forum, Hank Spankman was largely responsible for me getting into squonking, and frequently made suggestions to me about what to buy. He had a custom made wood dual battery (parallel) squonk box that led me to buy my own wood squonker from the same person.
Before he passed away a few months ago, he had been pushing me to buy the Envii Yeti RDA. I recently dad the opportunity to obtain some of his vape gear, and that custom squonk mod and the Yeti were the things I decided I wanted. This is the only significant vape purchase I have made since February.

Say hello to Spanky
xn566o.jpg

I never knew Hank, but I've heard others speak fondly of him. I'm so very happy that you were able to acquire one of his most cherished items, Brother. I know that you will cherish it as well and Hank can rest easy knowing that it couldn't have gone to a better home! :wub:

Love ya, Brother!!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Before he passed away a few months ago, he had been pushing me to buy the Envii Yeti RDA. I recently dad the opportunity to obtain some of his vape gear, and that custom squonk mod and the Yeti were the things I decided I wanted. This is the only significant vape purchase I have made since February.

Say hello to Spanky
xn566o.jpg
Gorgeous set up Sir Kadly!! I'm happy you were able to purchase it. Spanky is probably smiling up in heaven right now! :wub:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
No! I guess it's because I did wait so long that the burning desire I had to own it left the building. :oops:

Yeah... I get that. I have boxes and boxes of random crap at home that has never been opened. Most of it DB ordered, and I have no idea what any of it is... :lol:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I got the rainbow AL85 yesterday. Believe it or not, it's still in the shipping package. :shock:
We've all been on pins & needles waiting for that to get in your hands! Open it & post pics, young lady!

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I'm so glad you wrre able to get some of your friends gear. Especially pieces that remind you of him. That is a beautiful set up! How's it vape?

I'll let you know once I put a build in it. I'm not quite sure how I want to build it yet.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I'll let you know once I put a build in it. I'm not quite sure how I want to build it yet.
    Lol! I make 1 build. I'm deprived since all I use is Kayfuns normally. Even on my rdas for squonking. 1 build.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Lol! I make 1 build. I'm deprived since all I use is Kayfuns normally. Even on my rdas for squonking. 1 build.

Yeah, but this is a dual parallel mech which means I can get away with a lower build than normal. Just not sure if I want to.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I think it has a problem...it will only let me vape in memory mode.:( Anyway..here's the picture.

View attachment 666735

Oh! Thanks for the close up of the screen! Those big screens are a real turn off for me. Too much light. But they are a really nice looking mod. I'm glad you finally got it!

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    OK, so I'm mostly used to doing dual coils in a velocity style deck, so each leg gets it's own hole, easy peasy. How exactly does one build in a deck where the legs share post holes. Or more precisely, ho does one get the legs clipped flush?

authentic-envii-yeti-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    OK, so I'm mostly used to doing dual coils in a velocity style deck, so each leg gets it's own hole, easy peasy. How exactly does one build in a deck where the legs share post holes. Or more precisely, ho does one get the legs clipped flush?

authentic-envii-yeti-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-24mm-diameter.jpg

It's tricky, but I usually bend the legs out towards the sides before tightening everything down. Then just very carefully cut them as close as I possibly can. It helps if you have small, flush-cut wire nippers. They can usually be found anywhere that you can find electronics supplies.

These are the ones that I use. Lindstrom 8147 Tapered Precision Cutters. I've not found any that are better for rebuilding attys. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows

Say hello to Spanky
    xn566o.jpg

Never chatted with spanky much, but sounded like he was a great guy. Glad you have your memory if him :wub:

I think it has a problem...it will only let me vape in memory mode.:( Anyway..here's the picture.

View attachment 666735

There's a series of clicks which need to happen to toggle. Manual is not the most intuitive

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Press fit means the negative threaded portion of the connector is held on by friction, has been pressed into the body. Other mods may have the 510 connector screwed into the body (you see some screws around the connector when looking at the top of the mod) or held in place with a locking nut visible on the inside (the smy sdna that Kaz did his magic on - that nut had loosened, but Kaz was able to tighten it back up).

A press fit may loosen over time, though how soon varies. A good press fit will stay in place quite well, take a lot of force to pull out.

It's possible that wismec/ijoy/... (All one company) has changed their 510 installation, or simply done a better press fit, but they are known for issues on prior mods where the press fit connector came out pretty fast/easily.

In the photo I posted earlier, the Mech Pro and Therion 510 are each held on by 3 screws, while the Inbox 510 (not visible since it has the Wasp on it) is held on by two.
    Thank you for explaining!

View attachment 666717 My little baby girl this morning trying to look sweet. :rolleyes:
    And doing a damm good job of it :wub::wub::wub:

Say hello to Spanky
    xn566o.jpg
    I'm sorry your friend is gone but I'm glad you have mementos of him.

I got the rainbow AL85 yesterday. Believe it or not, it's still in the shipping package. :shock:
    Whaaaaaaatttttt!!!!
    Never chatted with spanky much, but sounded like he was a great guy. Glad you have your memory if him :wub:

There's a series of clicks which need to happen to toggle. Manual is not the most intuitive
    I don't remember ever reading a well written manual. They must be put together by committee!

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I don't remember ever reading a well written manual. They must be put together by committee!
    And some of the ones I have take the term 'fine print' to a whole new level. You need 3 magnifying glasses stacked on top of each other to read some of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread