Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
We do the family reunion thing after funerals here too. Or we used to. My dad was one of eight so when a brother/uncle sister/aunt passed away all of the cousins and the survivors would get together to catch up and reminisce about our younger days. The ages of those cousins were stretched out. We used to joke with each other that the only time we saw each other was when someone died. Now I guess it will only happen when it's a cousin. I was a bit closer to my mom's side of the family since we all lived pretty close to each other so the get togethers after funerals ran more towards close friends getting together.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Just got home from the service. It was every bit as beautiful as I'd imagined it would be. The pastor had a prior commitment and had to leave immediately after the indoor chapel service, so I held off on the eulogy and did that graveside. First, her mom read a devotional that Tricia really loved. Then I did the eulogy... spoiler alert... I transferred the wrong file to my phone, so I didn't have the typed document to reference. Had to wing it. Was nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I took one deep breath, placed my hand on her casket, and started talking. No one even noticed that I had no idea what I was doing... then I had a friend of mine lead us in a prayer. We then released the doves. I've gotten so many comments from others about what a beautiful ceremony it was. :):wub:

Just dropping by the house to change clothes and bring the flower arrangements home, and now Mama, Dad and I are going to meet up with my sisters to spend the rest of the evening. I'll spend tomorrow with Tricia's family. Trying to turn this into more happy times!

Thank you all soooo sooooo much for the love, support, and encouragement!! I love y'all with all that I am!!
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good morning all :) I have the day off today
That must explain why i had to work today,i knew there was a reason behind it haha.I haven't done a 7 day work week in a few years,and all of a sudden we got slammed with it this week,i forgot just how bad they suck haha.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
That must explain why i had to work today,i knew there was a reason behind it haha.I haven't done a 7 day work week in a few years,and all of a sudden we got slammed with it this week,i forgot just how bad they suck haha.
And as many 7 day weeks that I've done, now we're down to mostly 5 day weeks which the paychecks suck. I volunteer to work every Saturday.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Has anyone here ever thought that life sucks and wish that it would just end? I'm so tired. Tired of the struggle, tired of being an adult, to be honest, I'm just tired of life. :(
Now I know that people have bad things going on, bad things that happen to them. They handle it and move on but I'm tired of handling it.
Please...no hugs. I'll deal with it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Has anyone here ever thought that life sucks and wish that it would just end? I'm so tired. Tired of the struggle, tired of being an adult, to be honest, I'm just tired of life. :(
Now I know that people have bad things going on, bad things that happen to them. They handle it and move on but I'm tired of handling it.
Ok, no hugs. I'll just :wub: ya instead. <3

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yup, you don't even begin to know what 'tired' is until you're tired of being tired. And, that's just the beginning of tired!

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
I know exactly where you're coming from...yes, I get so tired of life sometimes too and wish I could just crawl into a cave somewhere and never come out...so I won't offer hugs or any of that either, but will just offer my complete understanding.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was reviewing my living will a few weeks ago. In it I stated no chemo. On that point I have changed my mind. I do have my DNR on file all over the place.
I need to do that. Do you have to see a lawyer? Or just write up something and give it to a family member?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I need to do that. Do you have to see a lawyer? Or just write up something and give it to a family member?
We did ours through a lawyer. I think you can find forms on the internet that will work(?).

I think ours needs to be updated now that we've moved into our forever home. It still has an address that we had about three moves ago and a different state.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I won't claim that I know exactly what you are going through right now, but I have had times when I was truly ready to give up. In fact the thought has crossed my mind more than once these last couple of months to be honest.
    But I will tell you that I'm here for you if you need to talk, or need to vent, even if you need to scream and yell.
    I love you Sister.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    We did ours through a lawyer. I think you can find forms on the internet that will work(?).

I think ours needs to be updated now that we've moved into our forever home. It still has an address that we had about three moves ago and a different state.
    Thank you.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    I was reviewing my living will a few weeks ago. In it I stated no chemo. On that point I have changed my mind. I do have my DNR on file all over the place.
    I have no chemo in my living will as well. After watching what my mom went through with chemo, I made up my mind that unless my doctor can guarantee me 100% that the cancer won't ever return after doing chemo that I wasn't starting it. No doctor can give that guarantee though.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I, too, have times of complete despair where I just wish could stop the bus and get off. I think we all do, especially as we get older and goals we had in youth are no where near where we are now. I struggle with depression sometimes, and the lost feeling is just, well, a lost feeling with no hope. But then I think of my son, my husband, my dogs, so I pick myself up and just keep trucking on. It isn't easy, but I manage.

Edit to add, good friends help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread