Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Gooooooooooooooooooooood Morning!

Yes, a "quiet" evening without flickering lights and crackles :blink: As a temporary measure, they replaced the two breakers that were showing signs of arc'ing. That should hold us until they can do the full repair in a couple of weeks.

Will soon have a pic of SO's latest "project". Teaser of the finished product is that I'm now on the hunt for cut-glass decanters :D

PLRS

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Gooooooooooooooooooooood Morning!

Yes, a "quiet" evening without flickering lights and crackles :blink: As a temporary measure, they replaced the two breakers that were showing signs of arc'ing. That should hold us until they can do the full repair in a couple of weeks.

Will soon have a pic of SO's latest "project". Teaser of the finished product is that I'm now on the hunt for cut-glass decanters :D

PLRS
I'm so glad you have safer electricity now :wub:

Speaking of SO's projects did you two get her greenhouse up yet?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'm so glad you have safer electricity now :wub:

Speaking of SO's projects did you two get her greenhouse up yet?

The shell of the greenhouse has been assembled, but we haven't put the panels in or "permanently located" it yet. Looking for some 4x4s to lift and attach the base so we get a bit of stability and less likelihood of it being blown about

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
What up, Peeps????

It's been a glorious week. Weather here in the "Fort" is pretty great. We're above average temps for this time of year, but expected to dip a bit over the next few days. When finished, will post a PHENOMENAL pic of my new "Piano Bar" that SO has lovingly created....

MWAH to all...

PLRS

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I haven't tried that one,but i have not been impressed with any of the Rf stuff i've tried,so i gave up on them.
me either. Only tried two, but didn't care for either one. At some point I'll likely try some of Kenna's aged bourbon cream, but will make sure to get the SC. Hope I can remember that. But will prolly wait for kenna to try it and see which one she likes best since flavors aren't the priority for me at the moment. Except I MUST get some strawberry. Does anyone have a strawberry they like better than FA?

View attachment 694209
Well, folks, it is official, I am now a Great Grandfather. Rowdy Wade Dunkle was delivered today at 6 lbs. 2.8 ounces and 18 inches long. My Granddaughter Aimee is doing fine and is understandably tired. Her husband Zac is busting the buttons off his shirt.
Soooooooooo happy for all y'all! He's gorgeous! Glad everyone is doing well

Gonna pony up and have them put in a new box with all new breakers. I figure that's going to be cheap insurance (or at least I hope so!)
Yipes! A hit to the wallet for sure, but so much better than yur house burnin down! Glad you are able to make the repairs. In this house, you see a spark sometimes when you plug something in. Dunno what causes it, but sure wish the kids would have an electrician check it. Can't wait to see SO's project!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Yipes! A hit to the wallet for sure, but so much better than yur house burnin down! Glad you are able to make the repairs. In this house, you see a spark sometimes when you plug something in. Dunno what causes it, but sure wish the kids would have an electrician check it. Can't wait to see SO's project!

Yes'm. I've had a bit of trouble over the past couple of years - especially when I was trying to power a fridge, microwave, AND an air conditioner :shock: Uncle Kerm pulled new wire and put the microwave and fridge on a different circuit. However, 30 years on a panel seems to be a reasonable time to replace..... My house is almost 60 years old, and the panel was redone in 1988. I'm o.k. with replacing it. Especially if I can have fresh contacts on the buss bar. The company I'm having do this is one of the better ones in town - I didn't shop too much - I just want this done, and done RIGHT.

We had a helluva time getting the piano into the house. Garage is a few steps down from the main floor. Did manage to get a couple of "strong boiz" to help today. Had to "think it through" to maneuver this beastie - it was still a LOT heavier than we thought. Couple of nicks and scratches on the piano, but nothing too terrible. Just need one last shelf and some clean-up to make it "ready for presentation"! It. Is. BEAUTIFUL :)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Looking for some 4x4s to lift and attach the base so we get a bit of stability and less likelihood of it being blown about
Make sure you get pressure treated 4x4s rated for ground contact. There IS a difference between them and regular PT wood. Regular PT will last many years under normal conditions but your will be against the soil on one side permanently and PT rated for ground contact will last much longer.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
What up, Peeps????

It's been a glorious week. Weather here in the "Fort" is pretty great. We're above average temps for this time of year, but expected to dip a bit over the next few days. When finished, will post a PHENOMENAL pic of my new "Piano Bar" that SO has lovingly created....

MWAH to all...

PLRS
Cool! Can't wait to see it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Make sure you get pressure treated 4x4s rated for ground contact. There IS a difference between them and regular PT wood. Regular PT will last many years under normal conditions but your will be against the soil on one side permanently and PT rated for ground contact will last much longer.

Roger that, my Dear! Yup - we don't want things to ROT!

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
So I did decide to add one more atty to my arsenal as well. The Svoë Mesto Gorgon... I know it's a dripper, I know it's a 26mm (if I remember right), and I know it offers a lot more customization than other attys. So, I'll see how it functions and let you know my input on that as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see how you feel about the Gorgon... I'm kinda on the lookout for a new larger size dripper or RTA. I've got a giant beastly mod that'll be showing up before too much longer and I'm not sure how I want to top it yet...

Another great option is to use cedar 4x4s... they are naturally moisture and rot resistant, but they are a bit pricier. Upside is that bugs don't like cedar. ;)

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
@Kaezziel apparently it features top airflow, bottom airflow, and removable air tubes. It's a dripper, but they're calling it a RDCA (rebuildable dripping "customizable" atomizer). Even with 12 air intakes, a few said it's fairly restricted. I'll see soon enough.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
SOOOOOO MUCH WANT!!!! I definitely must have one of these in my life soon... hmmmmm... I'm thinking I'll get da yellow one. :D

Fuchai Squonk.jpg

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel apparently it features top airflow, bottom airflow, and removable air tubes. It's a dripper, but they're calling it a RDCA (rebuildable dripping "customizable" atomizer). Even with 12 air intakes, a few said it's fairly restricted. I'll see soon enough.

Hmmmm... I can't imagine that it would be much more restricted than the Wasp Nano... that l'il guy is absolutely killin' it on my mech squonker right now, though! With a simple 24g NiChrome 80, 3mm ID, 4/5 wrap at 0.3Ω; this thing is putting out decent little clouds and flavor for DAYZZZZ!!

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
"WHAT CW?!?!?!!??!?? YOURE A TC GUY?!?!?!!!?!!?! HERESY!"

Sadly, TC works like a little beast in the Prime. I'm in love... Literally and proverbially. 316SS, 28G, 7 wraps, did it all in front of my girlfriend... Which made me nervous. As she stood there and was like "look at you tinker!". I felt kind of embarrassed of letting my inner nerd come out. Also if you notice, the resistance is a lot higher than I normally build for on a TC device. What am I vaping you ask? B Eliquid Coconut Vanilla Yogurt (12mg). Flavors couldn't be more crisp out of this tank.

8bf5b41c7679bd70b37fd8a44cbfd8ac.jpg
0d3eeaa05a32f86030710be189d6fd6b.jpg

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
SOOOOOO MUCH WANT!!!! I definitely must have one of these in my life soon... hmmmmm... I'm thinking I'll get da yellow one. :D

View attachment 694745

I noticed the RDA is square, with rounded corners, to match the mod. I wonder if it's guaranteed to "line up"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread