Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The Wasp, restricted?? I have to close mine off to get it to stop whistling, and I still wouldn't call it restricted.
Haha,that's exactly what i thought too.I have mine just under half way open,any more than that is way too much air for me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
sourcemore is running the pulse bf mod at $30.30 with free shipping. They also have VANDY30 30% off for things not already on sale.

The only significant note is to slightly crimp the bf off switch legs, no biggie, improves contact. Battery insertion is "normal box mech" - get the neg of the battery where you want it but at an angle, then push the pos end up and in to get it to snap in place. Battery removal is likely normal slap it against your hand - you could remove the back panel, but that looks like a pita.

I'm looking forward to playing with the dna75c air purge squonk bottle, but even without that feature I'm enjoying using a 510 connector 30mi squonk refill bottle. I find it so much nicer than pulling the squonk bottle for refills.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I noticed the rda is square, with rounded corners, to match the mod. I wonder if it's guaranteed to "line up"...
It would drive me batty if it didn't line up. Now I'm curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel I will one day get a good squonk system. I just haven't had the desire to become a squonker. Plus I'd be afraid of flooding it or accidentally squonking when not needed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Squonking is definitely not a bad thing. And there are squonkers out there now that will run TC. I haven't really looked at it, but I'd be willing to bet that the Fuchai Squonk will run TC. YMMV with Sigelei, of course... ;)

But as far as over squonking or unnecessary squonking... different attys are different. Some are more forgiving than others. But you kinda develop a feel for it over time and it becomes much less of an issue.

The Wasp, restricted?? I have to close mine off to get it to stop whistling, and I still wouldn't call it restricted.

LMAO!! My Brother... you know that I love ya like a fat kid loves cake, but yeah; the Wasp is a little restricted... it isn't bad, and is still more than capable of delivering DTL hits, but it doesn't have nearly as much airflow as my iJoy RDTA2. That thing practically breathes on its own!! I do run my Wasp wide open, though... and have even considered widening the air slots with a round jeweler's file...

I noticed the RDA is square, with rounded corners, to match the mod. I wonder if it's guaranteed to "line up"...

I noticed that, too. But knowing me, that RDA will likely never even see a coil install. I'd be much more likely to top it with a Wasp, a Stumpy, a Vertex Jr., a Derringer, or whatever else I happen to think would do a better job. I tend to prefer lower profile RDAs, and the included one with that mod just doesn't quite look like it'll fit my style.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
The pulse 24 is a pretty forgiving rda. Decently deep juice wells, fairly high air inlets ( with inner channels angling down), the mounting approach inherently keeps the coil up a ways.

Flavor isn't quite wasp grade, but I'm really enjoying it with my single coil build ( built to take duals, singles work great).

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
LMAO!! My Brother... you know that I love ya like a fat kid loves cake, but yeah; the Wasp is a little restricted... it isn't bad, and is still more than capable of delivering DTL hits, but it doesn't have nearly as much airflow as my iJoy RDTA2. That thing practically breathes on its own!! I do run my Wasp wide open, though... and have even considered widening the air slots with a round jeweler's file...

Kemosabe have big lungs. :)

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
22554884_1689813207719202_9137157531840170040_n.jpg

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
A beautiful day in cny. I brought my work laptop to camp, got a chunk of stuff written. DW did some stellar grilling [emoji5]

Late afternoon I played with a new toy from harbor freight, a 9' 40v 10" chain pole saw - I likey [emoji5] We have some trees at camp and home that really need some of the lower branches taken off, nothing too massive but bigger/higher than I'd want to do with a mechanical lopper and schlep a ladder around for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread