Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
3a2000d25b7a7546f161a5d353729045--tumblr-funny-funny-memes.jpg

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel I'm in an experimenty mood. Wondering what type(s) of coils you use in the Mage. :) *where is that "hugging my Mage" icon" ?

Typically I do dual coils with NiChrome 80, 24g, 3mm ID, 6 wraps spaced and wick with rayon. I forget what it ohms out at, but that's my normal go-to. :)
Now go hug dat Mage!! :lol::lol:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel mmmmmmm...rayon...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's the only wick I use. It's all I've used for the past two or two and a half years or so now... I don't care what anybody says, I've not tried anything else that works better for me. :)

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
@Kaezziel I hear that. I love me some cellucotton. It's the amazeballs. Saddest part, everyone I know thought I was out of my mind using rayon. Now the vape shop I used to venture into, have begun carrying it, and they're saying it's selling better than their Japanese cotton and organic cotton. From my personal experience, rayon just gives a cleaner taste, transitions easier, and is easy to work with.

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
I need to scratch my ....
TMI... o_O

Typically I do dual coils with NiChrome 80, 24g, 3mm ID, 6 wraps spaced and wick with rayon. I forget what it ohms out at, but that's my normal go-to. :)
Now go hug dat Mage!! :lol::lol:

Haven't used NiChrome in a while... I'll give it a shot.

@Kaezziel I hear that. I love me some cellucotton. It's the amazeballs. Saddest part, everyone I know thought I was out of my mind using rayon. Now the vape shop I used to venture into, have begun carrying it, and they're saying it's selling better than their Japanese cotton and organic cotton. From my personal experience, rayon just gives a cleaner taste, transitions easier, and is easy to work with.

Another member of the Rayonati.
One trip to Sally's and I was set for life... :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Another member of the Rayonati.
One trip to Sally's and I was set for life... :)
I think i'm stocked up for a few lifetimes haha,i went in for the 500 ft. box and they were out,so i got the giant 3 pound box.Been using from that box for a couple years now,and i think it's still around 2.9 pounds haha.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Hai erryone. Likes and Loves all around!

CW, that's the second time EVAH I've heard that word, and all within a week. I 'bout spewed mah kawfee! :D

Should have my HΩ Slice Limited appearing in my hot little hands today. It's a 26650 device, so I had to grab a couple 26650 batteries. Not quite sure why I went for it, other than I like the Ω symbols all over the body :D

Love it when a Shenaniganator wins a contest!!!!! Congrats @tejas!!!!!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Completely agree! Not to mention, when the coil gets gunky, just open up the atty, fire it up to get the coil hot, then rinse the coil/wick under the sink. Most of the gunk pops right off. Dab the wick with a paper towel and fire it a few times to dry it most of the way out, re-wet with juice and get back to vapin'... I usually just throw away any wicks that come with attys. :lol:

Haven't used NiChrome in a while... I'll give it a shot.

I'm still a big fan of NiChrome. I occasionally use SS, Kanthal, and Ti... but NiChrome is hard to beat for me. I can't really remember the last time I built with Kanthal, but I'll throw in a random build with SS or Ti when I wanna play with TC vaping.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
@tejas and @Kaezziel I explicitly use 316L stainless now. Nichrome is good and soft and definitely works well and makes cream flavors pop for sure. Only thing I didn't like about Nichrome was it's ability to turn a greenish color after a few weeks of use. Yes, it's the nickel in the Nichrome that turns green. If you see that, flush the coils off, dry burn the pants off them, rewick, and go at it again. Heavier use results in faster coil destruction.

Plus, I like 316L. It's about as soft as Nichrome and has a ramp time about as similar. Only thing I don't like about 316L is it's instability. Once heated, you can see a resistance fluctuation that's confusing at first. Makes you think you have a hard short sometimes, but it's the way the wire reacts when heated.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@tejas and @Kaezziel I explicitly use 316L stainless now. Nichrome is good and soft and definitely works well and makes cream flavors pop for sure. Only thing I didn't like about Nichrome was it's ability to turn a greenish color after a few weeks of use. Yes, it's the nickel in the Nichrome that turns green. If you see that, flush the coils off, dry burn the pants off them, rewick, and go at it again. Heavier use results in faster coil destruction.

Plus, I like 316L. It's about as soft as Nichrome and has a ramp time about as similar. Only thing I don't like about 316L is it's instability. Once heated, you can see a resistance fluctuation that's confusing at first. Makes you think you have a hard short sometimes, but it's the way the wire reacts when heated.

Yep, I've been using NiChrome for years and it is still my favorite. I usually don't keep a coil longer than about two weeks. With the juice I'm running right now, I have to rinse/dryburn every day and usually rewick entirely every other day. It is VERY gunky... (Beard Co. #24 - Salted Caramel, just in case anyone was wondering. I really need to mix some stuff this week! LoL)

I do like 316L, but only really use it for TC vaping. Way too damn unstable for VW or Mech vaping, IMHO. I only have 316L in 26g, so I don't know if heavier gauges might be better for me or not. I should probably pick up a few different spools of NiChrome and SS316L in 24, 22, 20g so that I'll have a few more options to play around with.

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas

Yep, I've been using NiChrome for years and it is still my favorite. I usually don't keep a coil longer than about two weeks. With the juice I'm running right now, I have to rinse/dryburn every day and usually rewick entirely every other day. It is VERY gunky... (Beard Co. #24 - Salted Caramel, just in case anyone was wondering. I really need to mix some stuff this week! LoL)

I do like 316L, but only really use it for TC vaping. Way too damn unstable for VW or Mech vaping, IMHO. I only have 316L in 26g, so I don't know if heavier gauges might be better for me or not. I should probably pick up a few different spools of NiChrome and SS316L in 24, 22, 20g so that I'll have a few more options to play around with.

I used nothing but SS316L for months, but back on the kanthal lately. The only NiChrome I have is 28g... need to get some 24g. Don't like working with the thin wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread