Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I was thinking I was going to pack up and bail out of here this afternoon, but I forgot I have a client I'm supposed to call! Should be a VERY short call - then hasta la vista, baby!

Well, even though I didn't really need it, I plopped an order to HeavenGifts. Don't know why, just shinyitus kicking in again :facepalm:
They've got a good sale going on don't they?

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
I was thinking I was going to pack up and bail out of here this afternoon, but I forgot I have a client I'm supposed to call! Should be a VERY short call - then hasta la vista, baby!

Well, even though I didn't really need it, I plopped an order to HeavenGifts. Don't know why, just shinyitus kicking in again :facepalm:

Don't feel bad...I placed one to vaporbeast Monday just to take advantage of the 20% logo change sale that they had.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Playing wif a new toy today. Bought 2 razors, one is being professionally honed and sharpened, the other I want to do myself. So I got a USB Microscope from Amazon so I can really see the difference, and know what to aim for.

STILL waiting on the blades, but thought I would take a picture of a new and old HH357 atomzier. The scope is capable of much higher magnifications, but ultimately power depends how close I can get the lens to the object, and still have light.

On a long barrel HH357, the coils is WAY down there to a scope, and this is as close as I could get and still get light inside the deep tube. Kinda cool.. More interesting things to look at really, but this will at least appeal to vapers. I think it is DEFINITELY time to retire my Daily 357! Old on top, but I think you can figure THAT out!

213lp3r.jpg

2lwxfnq.jpg

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
LLB:wub: just exactly am I looking at in your photos? :|:|
Hi Goddess!!
hearts.gif

It is the inside of a long barrel 510 HH357 drip atty, the bidness works on the inside. SUPER tiny coil, in a ceramic cup. The stuff outside the cup is a stainless steel mesh that holds the drops. When you inhale, it lifts the juice from the mesh, which the wicking then takes to the coil. Tough to see the wicking, Hanna primes the 357's with PG before shipping them. That is the liquid you see in there, almost to the top of the coil.
hh.357.jpg

That coil and cup is WAY down at the bottom of the tube, about where the black writing is shown on the outside. The lens of the scope was about 1/4" from the top of the barrel. If I could have gotten 1/4" from the coil itself, the picture would be about 8x bigger. Would see grain and pitting in the steel coil.. :)

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
They've got a good sale going on don't they?

Don't feel bad...I placed one to VaporBeast Monday just to take advantage of the 20% logo change sale that they had.

Lots of things 60-70% off. Plus an 8% coupon code. Three mods, two tanks and some PT2 AFC bases. Only bummer was paying for shipping.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
What do you have to put in for the 8%. I didn't know about that one!
Spelled CORRECTLY (I said oops earlier)

Avpforum. If I was on a computer, I'd post a link....

@clnire.... Can ya help a sistah? I think it was your reference that pushed me over the edge :lol:

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Playing wif a new toy today. Bought 2 razors, one is being professionally honed and sharpened, the other I want to do myself. So I got a USB Microscope from Amazon so I can really see the difference, and know what to aim for.

STILL waiting on the blades, but thought I would take a picture of a new and old HH357 atomzier. The scope is capable of much higher magnifications, but ultimately power depends how close I can get the lens to the object, and still have light.

On a long barrel HH357, the coils is WAY down there to a scope, and this is as close as I could get and still get light inside the deep tube. Kinda cool.. More interesting things to look at really, but this will at least appeal to vapers. I think it is DEFINITELY time to retire my Daily 357! Old on top, but I think you can figure THAT out!

213lp3r.jpg

2lwxfnq.jpg
oh, thass spiffy

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Ok, here is a 28ga Titanium coil that has been dry burned to a bright orange with a torch. The gray color, and the scale that you see on it, is Titanium Oxide. BAD!! Should have done a before picture so you could have seen how much darker it was. It is ASHY! No, do not want to inhale! Boring, I know... but ya know..
f_scientist.gif
SCIENCE!!

2merg9i.jpg

That's a little clearer..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread