Kayfun Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i've said this in other threads but here goes. i have the real (kayfun and russian) and all the clones(compulsive ). the best of all the clones is the hcigar 3.1 .it looks and feels so much like the russian that i am not convinced it isn't a russian (except they put the svoe mesto logo on it). the ehpros are both very good. the tobeco is good but not quite as good as the hcigar. they all vape pretty much the same. the russians are the best of the lot - better than the kayfuns. if i knew then what i know now i would get the russian 91% and the hcigar 3.1 . for back ups i would get the ehpros....YMMV

Where can the hcigar 3.1 be purchased?

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Where can the hcigar 3.1 be purchased?

I would like to know to (not eBay as my last few purchases have been atrocious and some sellers use random stock pictures taken from wherever) Any good forum threads anywhere that detail the differences between the clones KFs, KFL/KFL+s and Russian? Boxes, extras, spares, decks, finishing, threads and vaping performance etc would be good to read and see. There are varying reports of significant differences even with the same clone manufacturer ie Tobeco some say there ok, some say poor and some say they are filled with swarf, metal fillings and have brass decks. I think currently we are as we have for a while into clones of clones of clones territory so actually knowing what you get even if advertised by a certain manufacturer is unknown. It is also has been known that a clone made by another manufacturer is sold in another manufacturers box!

If anyone has any in depth knowledge it would be much appreciated KF fever is rife and getting to the facts would be great. The same goes with the Taifun the FT one i have no complaints except the plated deck which they appear to be resolving with customers and sending out as advertised SS ones. Another i have seen looks the same but comes with air pipes and O rings is it the same? or made by someone else begs the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
View attachment 285431

You need a SvoeMesto Semovar and a Kayfun 3.1 to use the hybrid mode. Pic is a Semo with FT Kayfun 3.1. The hybrid ring replaces the top cap on the Semo and the drip tray section on the 3.1 with a small hybrid ring taking about 1/2" off the total length and reducing the number of connections to improve connectivity.

The Semovar and the Kayfun are made by the same people and designed to work together.

Thanks RM...Been away for a couple of days. :toast:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I just bought the eh pro kfl clone at the madvapes retail store. It looks pretty much just like my real ones. The draw is very tight compared to my kfl (not the +) ... the air hole is tiny. Here is a pic of it beside the kfl+ air hole (which is a tad larger than the kfl with no afc)

I'm going to drill it a little larger :glare:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I drilled it out with a 1.5mm drill bit. It's better, not as open as my real ones but that's fine. I didn't want to drill too much and ruin it. The draw is acceptable now to me. It doesn't whistle at all.

Glad you got it going to suit you, and good to know. I have one coming on a slow boat from china so I'll probably be doing the same thing before long.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Glad you got it going to suit you, and good to know. I have one coming on a slow boat from china so I'll probably be doing the same thing before long.

I don't know that I could have used it if I hadn't drilled it a bit. The draw is still pretty tight and I can tell it in the wicking. This thing is very different (vape wise) than my real ones. With the tighter draw, it's very very saturated.. no gurgling or flooding but it's a very wet vape. The air bubbles.. instead of floating lazily to the top, rapidly race to the top lol. I keep thinking it's just going to flood but it doesn't. It's a very "full bodied" vape.

I don't know if all of the eh pro clones have this same tiny air hole or not.. but if they do and you aren't comfortable drilling it out.. you might now want to get one. I'm glad that the retail store price matched the web site.. I wouldn't have wanted to pay any more than I did. I'm still undecided as to whether I really like it or not. The top cap doesn't have the bevel that the reals ones do.. kinda like the rsst is boxy where the ac9 has a slant to the top cap. As long as it doesn't over wick and flood, I'll be happy with it.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Is that reputable company? Just curious as I have never seen them mentioned before.
They have a few things at better prices than I have seen anywhere that I wouldnt mind picking up.

Seems they are an ebay seller and have good feedback. Web site has better prices than ebay.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
More than likely because eBay takes a cut and they are trying to get people to buy direct.

Never thought of it that way, it does make sense. I dont buy much off of ebay anymore so I am out of the loop if places are doing this now. It does make sense though.
Thanks for your input.
:toast:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Anyone have all 3 and can post detailed pics and all seems there are a few clones of clones of clones now ;)

Anyone know who makes this one?

1 x Atomizer Base
1 x Atomizer Body Tube
1 x Drip Tip
1 x 510 Adapter
4 x Spare O-rings(L)
2 x Spare O-rings(S)
1 x Spare Drip Tip O-ring
2 x Spare Screws
1 x Empty Bottle
1 x Keychain
1 x Heating Wick

sku_12006_2.jpg sku_12006_3.jpg sku_12006_7.jpg sku_12006_13_small.jpg

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Never thought of it that way, it does make sense. I dont buy much off of ebay anymore so I am out of the loop if places are doing this now. It does make sense though.
Thanks for your input.
:toast:

My last 5 or 6 eBay vaping transactions have been not good to say the least although there is always room for honest, reliable and service providing sellers. I will take my chances and buy direct and wait for 2-3-4-5-6-7-8 weeks ;) Might start selling myself although the attack of the clone wars is at times precarious!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I noticed that too, makes me wonder why they have different prices at different places. :unsure:

Because most people that shop eBay do so because they think there is no better deal out there... I just happened to notice when I was directed to the eBay site and thought, I'd seen the name of this vendor before. Googled it and whalah... As to their reputation, can't say... I think that most vendors here stateside at least deserve a chance for at least 1 purchase. You can take from that purchase and determine if they could be reputable... That is how I have found several of the vendors that i've purchased from and continue to do so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread