Not open for further replies.

Strangebrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
NE Tennessee
kfl+=$99
ehpro kfl+ clone=$49
i'd say 1/2 price is a big difference especially when there is absolutley no difference in vape quality(yes, i have both). snapping off terminals is not the problem with the device it's the problem with the people doing the snapping. and yes, i think a lot of people don't know what they're doing... i have the real ones(kayfuns and russians) and all the clones and have never snapped a post off anything. guess i am just lucky, huh?

Stuff happens when least expected. Seems the positive post (block) appeared to float with too much ease; over torqued the bugger. The center post will eventually be made available for ordering.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
I was excited to receive one of the Kayfun Lite clones I've read about and picked up the Tobeco version off of eBay. Unfortunately one of the holes for the coil screws is stripped out and the screw doesn't engage at all, the screw literally just drops into the hole on that side. Anyone know if this is a common problem for these? Any fixes short of disassembling and re-tapping for a larger screw?

snip one or more pieces of your coil wire the same length as the screw and drop them in the hole till the screw goes in tight. not a permanent fix but will make it usable.:toast:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
A question to a question: Would it pose a vaping hazard to manufacture the center post from brass stock?
No. Provided the brass stock in question was certified Naval Brass (Lead Free). Most vapers don't trust brass from China. I know I don't trust Chinese brass.

Strangebrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
NE Tennessee
snip one or more pieces of your coil wire the same length as the screw and drop them in the hole till the screw goes in tight. not a permanent fix but will make it usable.:toast:

Have read within this forum someone mentioning reinstalling the positive post upside down. I haven't noticed if this is correct... figure to build a decent coil set in a few days.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
After a very long wait over 1/6 of a year;) some vapemail came ToBreaCo KFL.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my posts, I am a noob with RBAs and need to order supplies to start coiling and configs.

What would be the recommended stuff to order Kanthal (what awg/mm), Mesh?, Steel Rope? And Ekowool (2mm, 2.5mm? Etc), Silica? (Size mm), cotton (where to get this from?)

I am hoping to try out as many configs as a noob can and would like to order supplies together.

Any help would be appreciated, going to order before midnight tonight (UK)

Vape on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I own the EHPro 3.1 and the HCigar 3.1 kayfun clones.

The EHPro was good out of the box but the threads are a pain to work with, especially the top cap and the cylinder that connects to the deck.

The HCigar had a horrible metallic taste that was an absolute bugger to get rid of, but the threads are absolutely fantastic and I prefer the finish. It's such a pleasure to work with in comparison to the EHPro.

I would definitely recommend the HCigar over the EHPro, provided you can get rid of the metallic taste with minimal effort

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK

The EHPro was good out of the box but the threads are a pain to work with, especially the top cap and the cylinder that connects to the deck.

The HCigar had a horrible metallic taste that was an absolute bugger to get rid of, but the threads are absolutely fantastic and I prefer the finish. It's such a pleasure to work with in comparison to the EHPro.

I would definitely recommend the HCigar over the EHPro, provided you can get rid of the metallic taste with minimal effort

HCigar stuff from reports is better made and finished unfortunately over here its around 1/2 the cost of a real one;) The ToBeCo is less than 1/4 of a SM KFL+.

I got mine today try before you buy!)

Vape on!

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX

what ended up working to get rid of the taste? I have been washing things with Dawn dish soap to make sure i get machine oil off. So far that has worked for me. That is what i was going to do this time as well.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
After a very long wait over 1/6 of a year;) some vapemail came ToBreaCo KFL.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my posts, I am a noob with RBAs and need to order supplies to start coiling and configs.

What would be the recommended stuff to order Kanthal (what awg/mm), Mesh?, Steel Rope? And Ekowool (2mm, 2.5mm? Etc), Silica? (Size mm), cotton (where to get this from?)

I am hoping to try out as many configs as a noob can and would like to order supplies together.

Any help would be appreciated, going to order before midnight tonight (UK)

Vape on!

One of the easiest setups I've used is 30 gauge Kanthal :Kanthal A1 Wire 30 Gauge 25 ft 0 1oz Resistance Resistor AWG A 1 | eBay I have used this seller before (I purchased 32 awg, but am planning on getting 30 awg for the Kayfun).

9/10 wraps on a 16 gauge blunt syringe need compressed to a micro coil
51ytw7HMuDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These can be purchased from many e-cig supply shops or the local pharmacy. you can also use a toothpick.

Cotton wick is the easiest of all to find. Look for "Peaches and Cream" brand organic cotton yarn at Wal*Mart. It will be almost white (the color is Ecru) just boil a 10-20 ft. strand for 15 minutes, change the water and boil it again for 15 minutes. You can also use organic cotton balls (and boil likewise).

Here's a good rebuilding video (He covers both vertical and horizontal builds):

Edit: Whoops. Didn't notice the U.K., sorry, I can't help except for the video...:(

Last edited:

Strangebrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
NE Tennessee
The day has come. I have ordered my Kayfun clone from Luxor Vapes. it is an HCIGAR. Now the wait begins. Will let yall know how it turns out when it gets here. Hope i can get the build on it right. this will be fun. I cant wait. Hope it gets here soon.
Four days would be overstated. Most likely three for your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread